• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What are you planning to name your island?

I'm thinking probably Lilycove, but possibly a Hawaiian or faux Hawaiian sounding name.

Lonolulu and Lulukoko are both from other games I've played.

Or there's Lanikai after a beach I liked in Hawaii, or Nanikai which means beautiful sea. I'm still exploring the Hawaiian-esqe options.

I'm thinking probably Lilycove, but possibly a Hawaiian or faux Hawaiian sounding name.

Lonolulu and Lulukoko are both from other games I've played.

Or there's Lanikai after a beach I liked in Hawaii, or Nanikai which means beautiful sea. I'm still exploring the Hawaiian-esqe options.

Lanikai is fire

I?ll be completely honest and say I have no idea yet. I think I?ll even start jotting down name ideas & themes at some stage soon. If not, a name will come to me once I have to actually name the island in-game. The design/theme will be more important to me overall.

The one problem I?m facing now that I think about it is I?ll have to be very set on the name of my island and overall theme/design as it?s one island per console. Especially for the entire one year play through at least! I can imagine if I?m not happy with my decisions early on, it?d be a pain having to reset especially as it?ll be a new game and having to play catch-up with seasonal bugs/fish etc.

I've finally decided to settle on the name Falkreath!
In honour of my FFXIV character's surname & the Skyrim location of course! :3c

I've finally decided to settle on the name Falkreath!
In honour of my FFXIV character's surname & the Skyrim location of course! :3c

Wow someone whose actually chosen. I admire you. Great name too!

My entire island depends on the character limit being increased. Otherwise, I have nothing.

• Fish n’ Chips

I think it’s whimsical and cute. Also reminds me of Harry Potter world. My favorite meal there.

My entire island depends on the character limit being increased. Otherwise, I have nothing.

• Fish n’ Chips

I think it’s whimsical and cute. Also reminds me of Harry Potter world. My favorite meal there.

wait that’s actually really cute, i love it

So far I don't have names for my town or character. I am hoping that the Nintendo Direct tomorrow gives us some idea of how many letters we can use for a town name, or character name.

I'll probably wait until I get the game to decide on a town name. The ones I make up on the spot always seem to feel the most natural.

I think I have a few ideas for mine, I don't know which I'll go with yet!

- Grenadilla (type of hardwood)
- Petaluma (MFM Karen's hometown...)
- Rocky Point (one of my favorite band pieces)
- Aspen (another one of my favorite band pieces)

I was originally going to keep my New Leaf Town name, Starfall. After the direct, I decided to change the name to something I used as a secondary/trade town in New Leaf. I found a dodo airlines ticket creator in reddit and had some fun.

I was thinking Moonwisp, but I'm not entirely sure yet but we still have a month left so I'm trying to not rush and pressure myself ^-^

Im dying to know the character limit, there's speculation that it's 10 but I need to know fr before I get my heart set on a name.

I'm thinking of either Spirit Bay or Necropolis. Likely Spirit Bay in case i decide not to do an alternative-type town, I feel like that name could work for something else as well.

i'm thinking either primrose or moondale or honeymere. i want my character name to be clementine, but if the character count doesn't allow it, i'll go for mabel or clover instead.

Considering naming mine "Westbury" because that is my town name in ACNL. Always like Celestia, that's my farm name in Stardew Valley. But I'm also thinking I wanna create something new and cute and unique. OH the struggle!

I'm planning on naming my island Popouri! It was originally Potpourri, but we're still not certain about character limits, and the shortened version's grown on me. My character's name is going to be Chamomile, so I wanted something cute and thematic.

Back