• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are you happy IS in the game?

I'm so excited to hear the new soundtrack!

I'm also really looking forward to breeding flowers and for a breath of fresh air with all of the new gameplay options. I'm almost trembling in excitement.

windows in the first room after you fully upgrade it and add on left and right rooms. it brings so much character to the room, and brightens it up. just windows. ive wanted them for years.

how lively the villagers seem. like they wear hats and work out and craft things and have different walk speeds and eat. though their voices were changed, i feel like the newer ones suit the aesthetic of the game; they're much more soft-spoken imo.

the new flowers. whenever i add flowers into my towns i don't like to have just one flower type in a singular patch, i like to space them out and add different flowers. these newer flowers add more variety in terms of height, fuzziness, and color which is really cool if i wanted to go for one color. an example is the purple flowers; the pansy has a darker, more red purple in comparison to the hyacinth and chrysanthemums which are a bit more neutral/blue leaning and pastel-y purple.

the path creator is a godsend for me because i never really liked the look of qr code paths. the paths we've seen fit in more with the game and seem more natural, which is what i wanted with paths.

the fact that more layers are back!! i loved the landscape in city folk because of this, though it's easier to decorate with just flat land. the tiers make the island seem more natural and less whatever you want to call new leaf's landscape.

the pole vault. sometimes u just need to catch the butterfly speeding away from you at 100 miles per hour but the bridge is a century away. im never letting go of this tool after i get it.

im just happy with the general direction this game went in comparison to past games. it's definitely a good step forward and i feel like i'll never forget this game because of it. i truly can't even being to think about how the series could move forward after this because i feel like this game may be the series' mona lisa.

Last edited:
i’m really happy about all the new items, being able to place furniture outside, being able to customize our looks and how beautiful the graphics are!!

Furniture outside and crafting. I love the added layer of collecting materials. Grindy games are pretty fun to me.

As a whole, I love the idea of building my town from the ground up! It really seems like they’ve done well to develop that concept across many of the features (both new and old)

There’s too many to list, but some other highlights include:
• increased customization of Island and character
• nice graphics and weather effects
• more animated villagers

I think it’s important to remember that having a negative reaction to some things doesn’t equal having a negative opinion of the game itself. The last few days I’ve been disappointed but also delighted by several things, and my overall excitement for Friday hasn’t been affected by the negatives one bit! ^ェ^

despite the lack of touch screen capability for pattern designing, im grateful that theres new clothing to design. just gonna have to adjust. i’m also super happy about cliffs and outdoor furniture

The museum, the villagers being more interactive and alive instead of flat, and the NPCs getting more character development and personality, just like the villagers are. All the customization with your character, the island and your house has me really excited!

There’s so much to be excited about! I can’t stop thinking about the endless amount of possibilities that there are for making your island into your dream town, from the ground up. It’s exactly what I want in a game!

Animal crossing is a series that has helped me deal with my mental health and disabilities for more than a decade. I’m so excited for its calming nature, charming characters and being able to completely customise everything! Music, villager animations, crafting, all of it, even the things that aren’t new. I haven’t felt this happy in months!

Graphics, placing items anywhere I want, terraforming, clothes! ...And all surprises I will encounter.

I'm happy about having paths in the game! I can finally run around and not have to worry about accidentally kicking up my paths. I am really interested to see how custom paths are going to work in the game too. And rainstorms!

Biggest would be having furniture outside as it make the place feel less lonely and more alive and also terraforming. But the furniture being place outside is the biggest thing and its the thing that makes this game stand out the most from other AC games via first glance.

Decorating an entire island, my house, making bffs with virtual animals, terraforming, potentially getting into designing my own patterns.

Earlier I figured out that Stu, Leopold, Bea, June, and Hornsby are coming back! I know they were in the WA update for New Leaf but I'm happy to see my GCN bbys returning :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and the ability to change/decide where villagers move in. Honestly that feature alone is a blessing, especially after all the trouble I went through plot-resetting in New Leaf!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm happy about having paths in the game! I can finally run around and not have to worry about accidentally kicking up my paths. I am really interested to see how custom paths are going to work in the game too. And rainstorms!

That reminds me, in one video they showed where there may be path designs that can have a transparent background. I think that's super cool!

Back