• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My day was a success! By that, I mean that there were no tears, no meltdowns, no fights, no shouting... just a calm day where we enjoyed a family outing in some cool weather in a forest after driving by bluebonnet fields.
We took the kids to visit the nearest Renaissance-style Faire and had a grand ol' time. Even when there were mishaps, like a soda exploding on my son, I had a set of clean clothes ready and the change was quick and easy. We made it on time for the half-off BOGO ticket price (with only a few minutes to spare). We got some laughs out of my kids who usually ignore stage shows. We tried all sorts of food on a stick, lol. And everyone we met was kind and attentive. I was able to capture a lot of first experiences for my kids today and I'm so happy it went so smoothly... I'm thinking of framing the photo of them learning to shoot a bow and arrow together... XD
There are tough times when it comes to my adult relationships, but at least with my kids, I feel like I'm providing some value in their lives and I am so grateful.

I'm happy that no matter how long I go MIA from this forum, every time I come back, people are genuinely so kind 🥺
I didn't expect to receive so many hugs when venting the other day, and even if it's something small, it really helped a lot LOL

Knowing that there are kind people around makes me happy 🥰

It's been a hot minute since I've posted here, and lots has happened, so here's a little life update:

- I went to see Mean Girls! (not the new movie, really wanna watch it though). This was back in late January but I might've forgotten to mention it at the time lol. I also got to see Hairspray on Saturday! I've only ever seen the 2007 movie, so seeing the stage musical was an... interesting experience.

- I found out that SIX is coming to my city in May... of 2025... but it's still SIX nonetheless! In the meantime, I get to see: Come From Away, The Book of Mormon, Beetlejuice, and the Tina Turner musical (Mom's VERY excited about that one). I also get to see the Lion King afterwards. Thank you, Dad, for having the money to buy us tickets for these shows.

- My plays are in just over a month! Already off-book for the school play, and I'm... slowly but surely getting there with the other one.

- I'm on spring break right now, so I can sleeeeeeeep!!!

- I have a band retreat in mid-April! It feels forever away, but once the break is over, it'll be upon us soon enough. I get to share a room with my boyfriend and two of our best friends, and we get to go shopping and do a scavenger hunt around the downtown area! The hotel we're staying in is super pretty as well.

- Script-writing for the horror game I'm working on is going amazing! If we keep up at this pace, we'll get to Stage 2 of production in no time.

- I've been sending in lots of voice acting auditions, and I've landed two roles so far! I've received the trailer script for the first show, and I have the script for the first 2 episodes & the intro for the other one.

- I might be getting a haircut soon! My hair's really thick and giving me tension headaches, which I don't like very much. So, I might be able to get man hair finally 🥲

- Approaching six months with my amazing boyfriend ❤️ Time really does fly fast...

- Finally almost finished The Lost Hero after seldom reading it for nearly 2 months! Only 100-ish more pages to go and I'm freeeeee!!!

Been a challenging couple of weeks so let's see where I can find some happy.

Tuesday 19th March
☆ My girlfriend treated me to dinner. Spicy chicken and fries. 🤤

Wednesday 20th March
☆ We were supposed to get aromatic duck with my partner's sister, but she bailed on the day, but we still got duck anyway. 😋

Thursday 21st March
☆ I managed to neatly wire an extension around a doorframe in order to create outlets on the opposite side so we could plug in a dehumidifier safely. Most productive thing I've done in days!
☆ We ordered paint swatches. Hoping to paint our living room soon!
☆ We finished watching the documentary Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey. Oh god it was awful. Interesting, but just so awful what those poor women went through.

Friday 22nd March
☆ At work, I was asked to prepare a chemistry practical that involves dipping nichrome wire in hydrochloric acid and then various chloride salts, then placing the salt-covered wire into the bunsen burner to observe the flame change colour. I had a lot of fun testing each of the seven salts! My favourite was the potassium chloride - it had a lilac flame! Followed by calcium chloride which was a super bright yellow, then lithium chloride which was red. 🔥
☆ My friend has been feeling down this week, so I dragged her out for sushi and the food was incredible. Best sushi restaurant I've found locally. 🍣
☆ After we went back to her place and she introduced me to The Menu (excellent film - but don't Google it; just open Netflix and go into it blind for the best experience). We ended up staying up til 5 AM chatting and watching movies. 📺

Saturday 23rd March
☆ I made a massive pot of cream of mushroom soup. I'm not going to need to worry about making lunch for work for the next 2.5 weeks! 🍲
☆ In the evening my partner and I started watching The Keepers. Interesting but horrifying documentary.

Sunday 24th March
☆ I'm coming down with a cold/throat infection just days after recovering from a more serious illness. So I decided to be nice to myself and spent most of the day curled up on the sofa playing Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
☆ I made lamb chops and mushroom stirfry for dinner. It is the first time in over a week I've had the energy to put effort into making a home-cooked meal (the soup for work lunches doesn't count as I've not eaten any yet!) and it was delicious.
☆ My girlfriend was feeling low about something that happened with her friend, so I focused my attention on taking her mind off of it. Lots of cups of tea, cuddles, and more of The Keepers. She said it helped a lot. 😊

And these two idiots continue to make me endlessly happy. 🍑
20240323-150517.jpg

Monday, March 25, 2024
  • Went to the supermarket this morning and got some things to use in my blender. Bananas were the first thing to go in. I love bananas!
  • Also, picked up some limited edition Irn Bru. I’m not usually a fan of Irn Bru but always love to try the special flavours. Last year it was Tropical Beach and Ice Cream flavours. This year it’s Raspberry Ripple and Wild Berry Slush. I’ve only tried the Wild Berry Slush and it reminded me a lot of J20 Orange and Passionfruit. I like it!
  • Blossom has been so cuddly again today.
  • I am so excited as I found a new copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World! I don’t know if there’s any truth to this, but a few reviews I’ve read say that Wild World and City Folk are quite similar, but I wanted to see for myself!
Screenshot_20240325_202125_Gallery.jpg

- I finally have a cute lineup that I really love! I’ve never had a full collectible lineup that I’ve liked a lot, so I’m super happy about that!
-Went to Walmart and bought some skincare products. Gosh skincare is so expensive. I bought the CeraVe Hydrating Foaming Facial Cleaser and Snail Rescue Blemish Toner. The app I use to track skincare ratings and my skin match said both would be perfect for me so I’m crossing my fingers 😭🤞
-Went shopping with my grandma, mom, and little brother today. Spent A LOT more money than I wanted to but I got a lot of cute stuff, including some Nike blazers! I found them at a thrift store in AMAZING condition. The bottoms need to be cleaned but that’s it. They’re in boys size, but I tried them on and they were a perfect fit! I also found some Nike Air Forces and I grabbed them too. Mine are worn out and creased beyond belief, plus they’re way too big. The new ones are smaller and less creased. 🤭 I also found all three of the Sanrio Sakura squishmallows at five below! I picked them up along with a smaller version of Luanne the possum 🥰
-Ate at Olive Garden and had a really good plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

Last edited:
Another rough day, mood wise, but a few good things happened today, mostly in Genshin 🙂.

I heard back from a friend on discord ☺️. I got the message when she was offline so I didn’t get to chat but I’m still happy to hear back from her 🙂.

I got my friendship up to 10 with Xianyun and got her namecard 🥳.

I got my Fontaine reputation to 7 and got the blueprints I’ve wanted for awhile 🙂. i decorated part of my teapot and while I’m not sure if I’m going to keep the changes, right now I’m fairly happy enough with it. Again, I’m concerned about the fact the load is already yellow even though I feel like I barely have anything down in this area.

Two nights ago (I think) I got raiden’s elemental burst to level 10 🥳.

I’m so glad to be home aaaaaaaa. I helped take my grandma to her doctor’s appointment today; we weren’t sure how serious it was going to be and if we’d have to take care of my grandfather for her for a few days BUT thankfully it’s really not that serious and can be handled with an outpatient treatment, and it's not urgent either!!

I got to try a cheese danish from Starbucks and it was really good omg. We basically only grab Starbucks for long drives but I’m remembering that one for next time.

I finished reading volume 101 of One Piece and started on 102!!

After we got home I got to watch some Youtube with my parents, and we got caught up with SmallishBeans’ Hermitcraft series again!

The day was uneventful but I have a few things made me happy…

I received some art from @/MrBox. I really like it!
IMG_4965.jpeg
I binged one of my favorite sports anime, Big Windup.
I have the day off tomorrow.
I have something that should be coming in the mail that I’m excited about. My favorite anime doesn’t have much merch, but I’m glad there’s something out there. My favorite anime is Eyeshield 21, for reference, and it’s not even close.

Today was another great day!

- Got up early and was productive at work. The sun also came out in the afternoon! ☀️

- Came home and fed my kitties, and took care of my favorite as she was displaying signs of sickness... 🐱

- The Acheron trailer for HSR released! I was really looking forward to it, and it did not disappoint. Looking forward to pulling her in-game tomorrow. 🎮

- The Dallas MAVERICKS continued their winning ways with a 115-105 win over the Utah Jazz in Utah! Really pressing for that 6th seed I see. 👀 🏀 🔥

My schedule at work might change soon so I wouldn't have to come in on Sundays! Right now I work ten hour shifts Sunday-Wednesday with one other person and everyone else comes in Thursdays instead, and they're trying to figure out a way for us to get to just come in on Thursdays too. I always feel like I'm missing out on the interesting work drama by not being there Thursdays, and plus it'd be so cool to get to stay up on Saturday nights and sleep in on Sunday mornings again.

Also my boss asked me if I'd be interested in researching the algae we grow and working on more experimental stuff with them and I was like hell yeah. I'm so excited!!!

• Slept really good. Had anxiety filled dreams about tomorrow (first day at my new job) but I still slept good.
  • Speaking of my new job, tomorrow is my first day. 1pm to 5pm for orientation. A little nervous but excited too.
  • A little stressed about something coming up in the next week but am trying not to catastrophize it and let my anxiety run wild so I’m just trying to be mindful and also distract myself with my hobbies like violin, art, shows, videogames etc
  • I started listening to an audiobook biography of Leonardo Davinci. Mostly to help inspire me with art. I haven’t gotten super far into it but I do enjoy biographies especially of musicians and artists since those are the two things I do so it can provide a lot of inspiration. The last one I read/listened to was a biography of Mozart which was super good.
  • My bf and I made peanut butter cookies together over FaceTime on Sunday which was fun.
  • Our 1 year anniversary is coming up on the 8th. I’m getting us each both a chessboard so we can learn and practice :)
  • I have a few specific yugioh cards I ordered to improve the extra deck of my fire kings 3x structure deck build.
  • Enjoying some coffee this morning
  • Gonna catch up on cleaning my apartment and laundry today so I don’t have to deal with it over the holiday working when I may be working.
  • Plan on practicing violin today. Currently learning Bach’s Minuet in G.
  • Also plan on drawing today. Doesn’t matter what. I just want to get in the consistent habit of drawing daily.
  • Once I start getting paychecks I can start putting money aside for my trip down to see my bf. (We went to high school together and dated breifly 10 years ago but I moved away back to NY and he still lives in KY so we’re currently long distance but have been together for a year now) we’re both putting money aside for my trip there. Gonna request a week off work in a few months and go down there. Will be so nice to see him in person again.
  • Speaking of my relationship, this is the best and healthiest relationship I’ve ever been in. He makes me so happy and I always feel motivated and inspired when we’re together, and no matter how bad of a day I have I always feel better after talking to him. He makes me want to do better and he also makes me feel like I have an actual future, and I can see an actual future with him cause we’re both actively working towards it. I love him so much and it’s gonna be awhile before we’re living together but we’re both working towards it. I never thought I’d be able to get a job and be independent fully. My only family really is my sister and she doesn’t support me much and she pretty much assumes I’m gonna be stuck where I am forever and doesn’t really believe I can be fully independent. But I’m doing it. And I have my bf and he supports me fully and helps me to believe in myself to do things I never thought possible.

my credit score significantly improved after making better spending habits since november, so i was able to apply for samsung financing to get the tablet i've been looking at for a few months, AND its on sale. i even got it for a really low interest rate so i can pay it off before 3 months!

and it's PINK! YIPPEEEEEEE

1-SM-P615_002_Back_Pink-Gallery-1600x1200.jpg

This is more over the last week rather then just today but mostly I'm just feeling happy that my mental health has recently been improving, after a big drop at the beginning of the year and struggling with things over the last couple of months it finally feels like things are changing and my mind isn't constantly trying to turn on me, it's small but it's nice to have some optimism back 😊

Found out over the weekend that my sister is having a little boy (knew I was becoming an aunt but it was exciting to have the gender reveal) and most importantly mum and baby are well and healthy on the latest scans, still a few months to go but can't wait to meet my little nephew 🥰

While I'm disappointed to have missed a couple of events on the forum recently it's lovely to return and see all the recent love for New Leaf, have a lot of happy memories on the game and brings back a lot of nostalgia. Also on events I'm very pleased to currently be off work for 10 days (yay!) and therefore have plenty of time to torture myself have a lot of fun at the weekend with the egg hunt 😁

Feel a bit better, I did about 540 words of my dissertation today. I figured if I write 500 words per day I should get it done slowly but steadily without it seeming overwhelming. o_O I think I might do 2 super long chapters instead of 3 though, but we'll see how it goes...

Back