• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• I had a good first day at my new job yesterday for orientation
  • Have the day off today :) am just enjoying it relaxing watching shows and am gonna practice violin later
  • I get Easter Day off work!
  • Speaking of which I’m really looking forward to Easter. I’m probably just gonna get some takeout or something but it will be good :)
  • Mocha and Mustachio are doing well ❤️ glad I get to spend some time with them today 😺

Thursday, March 28, 2024
  • I was still very happy this morning after discovering Buck’s map last night. I could not believe it again when I went to play Pocket Camp this morning and who was camping in ‘Lost Lure Creek’, Buck!!!!! I did every single task he asked and I maxed our friendship! I cannot wait until level 20 until I can invite him to my campsite. I also discovered the AR camera and took a few pictures of Buck and I!
  • I had to go out today, so I dropped by the supermarket to pick up some more blueberries to share with Blossom. I bought some raspberries aswell. I decided to try and see if she would eat a raspberry. The first one she picked it up then dropped it onto the floor. However, I bit one in half and offered her half she ate it then ate the bit from the floor. I think she is a fan of raspberries too!
  • When we got back, I always let her walk outside after being in the car. This man walked past and adored her! He spent literally 5 minutes stroking her and talking to her. He thought she was a beagle, but I explained she is a long haired Basset Hound, which is rare. He then walked away and about 5 minutes later, he came back and was over again petting her!
20240328_115221-min.jpg

PocketCamp_20240328063658 crop.jpg

Hi homies !! I hope you’re all doing okay and having a good week!
IMG_6869.png

𓆑 I’m still in disbelief that I won a staff favourite for my Mayoral Memories writing! I genuinely never know how to express my gratitude for these kinds of things without either going off on a sort of “victory speech” or feeling like I’m not expressing my gratitude enough, but I really am so grateful. There are honestly so many entries that I feel deserved the win more than mine. I tried to express my feelings of love, nostalgia, gratitude and longing for New Leaf through my piece, as well as my regret for trading my copies away, and I’m so awed that people liked it.

Writing used to be my biggest passion, and being a writer of some kind my dream job. I don’t write much anymore these days because the past few years have honestly stripped me of my energy, creativity and ability to do so, and it’s felt like I’ve lost a monumental part of myself. The idea that maybe my writing ability isn’t entirely gone, and that my writing is still able to reach and resonate with people sometimes is a bigger honour and gift than I’ll ever be able to properly express my gratitude for. :’) okay i’ll shut up now lol

𓆑 Bonk has continued to bless me with many cuddles since my last post! She also “blessed” me with knocking my drink off the table and onto the floor yesterday, but y’know. She’s lucky she’s cute LOL 🖤
IMG_6818.jpeg
IMG_6861.jpeg
IMG_6862.jpeg

𓆑 I’ve come up with so many new lineup ideas over the past couple of weeks, and I’m so excited to eventually display them all!! New collectibles and therefore new lineup ideas are always one of my favourite parts of TBT events! Speaking of lineups, I was initially planning on selling/trading/giving away my house set since I can never come up with lineups with the house collectibles that I actually like, but I’ve actually been able to come up with a few this time!! I’m excited to see what they look like outside the Google Doc and on my sidebar!!

𓆑 I bought my New Leaf Token yesterday, which means I officially have all of the Farewell to New Leaf collectibles I really wanted (though I’m lowkey eyeing the fruits now 😭)!! I bought it at 4:44pm, to reference Club LOL being called Club 444 in the Japanese version of New Leaf!

𓆑 I’m so, so excited for the egg hunt to start tomorrow omg!! The egg hunts are my favourite TBT event, I’ve honestly been looking forward to this year’s since last year’s ended! I can’t wait to see what egg collectibles we’ll get this year (old egg re-releases pls? 🙏🏻), as well as what the special 20th year edition twist will entail!!

𓆑 I met my 14th bear in Cozy Grove the other day! His name’s Ted Sapsen, and he looks like a rock!! He’s also very interested in rocks ofc, and hasn’t talked to me about anything but rocks yet LOL. He’s super interesting though, and I’ve learned some cool things about rocks because of him! I’ve also earned 4 new badges, got a new mythical fish as a reward for completing one of Captain Billweather’s quests, and caught a new mythical critter (and caught another of the same critter literally 5 mins later :’o)!! I’m also getting a little deeper into the darker/sad themes of the game, and uh… I’ve been giving Patrice and Allison many hugs. 🥹
IMG_6870.jpeg
IMG_6871.jpeg
IMG_6872.jpeg

𓆑 I tried the new Spiced Coca Cola! I wasn’t really interested in trying it, but my mom brought a bottle of it home for herself, and she let me try it! I’m not sure what makes it spiced, but it’s raspberry-flavoured! I still prefer just regular cola, but it was better than I was expecting! The aftertaste wasn’t great and was a little mediciney, but overall it wasn’t bad!

I did a little bit of decorating in ACNH!

Had some time to do personal art today and got a few chibis sketched up! I’ve been working on changing up my chibi style, so I might use a couple of them as shop samples once they’re done!

My family and I watched some Youtube together! We got to see GeminiTay’s latest Hermitcraft episode, which was quite fun!

Late post, but I had a fantastic day! I had the day off work and ended up going to the Texas Rangers versus Chicago Cubs Home Opener. It was the first Texas Rangers home game after they won the World Series in 2023 and they ended up winning again tonight on a walk-off 4-3!!! ⚾ 😁

I'm also happy that the Dallas Stars defeated the Vancouver Canucks 3-1 to extend their winning streak to six games. That was not an easy game either, but they pulled it off! 🏒 🔥 💚

eHST02U.jpg

q5yGXOz.jpg

7Ls1rKf.jpg

UcgesVr.jpg

• I feel really good and motivated today!
  • Have work this afternoon/evening. Looking forward to it. So far I don’t feel the sense of dread I felt with my last job. That was a very toxic environment though with a very toxic assistant manager. So that’s probably why. This place I’m at now seems so much better and more professional and a friendlier environment. Anyway, I’m glad to be working again. Oddly enough the best thing I’ve done for my social anxiety is get a very social job. It wasn’t easy. But avoiding social situations just fed my anxiety and made it worse over the long run. Strangely enough my panic attacks dramatically decrease and sometimes don’t happen for weeks when I’m working , compared to when I’m not working they’re almost daily occurrences. I mean work is always gonna be stressful, especially retail, but it’s benefits outweigh the cons for me and it’s a good way to get better at socializing and feeling less awkward in social situations. Also being around people is good for my mental health. I always considered myself an introvert but I’m starting to think I’m the introverted extroverted combo
  • I had a good day off yesterday. Spent time playing with my cats ❤️ they make me so happy, they’re the sweetest little kitties and I can’t get over how adorable they are. Mocha is settling in well. Mustachios up to her usual antics. She’s 2 years old now but still plays like a kitten, she has soooo much energy lol she’s almost like a dog. She carries and drags her toys to me when she wants to play
  • Looking forward to Easter! 🐣 I’m spending the day with my boyfriend since we both have that day off work.
  • I’m getting closer to being able to fully solve a Rubik’s cube!
  • Listening to Linkin Park and enjoying some coffee before I do the dishes, take a shower, and get ready for work :)

Friday, March 29, 2024
  • I managed to get a lot of work done and run a few errands, so been very busy today. However, I am happy to have it finished for the long weekend!
  • Blossom has given me three cuddles on the settee today. I wonder if I can get a fourth before bedtime? Edit: I did get a fourth cuddle! 🥰
  • Played some New Horizons and Wild World very early this morning. Also, played Pocket Camp. I invited Buck to my cabin! I should reach Level 20 before I go to bed! I will have to invite King Buck to my campsite!
  • The icing on the cake was I received some Buck art from Mistreil in return for 2 DIYs! I’m using what I call ‘Baby Buck’ at the moment as my profile picture! He’s so cute! :love:

Last edited:
Alas, I'm back once again to recap the past few days from my side. 😅 Definitely a lot of stuff to be happy about, though!
March 24, 2024
  • I watched the 2024 Formula Australian Grand Prix! One of the highlights for me was that Max Verstappen retired from the race due to brake failure. It felt so good seeing a Red Bull not fighting for the win, blowing the competition wide open. Speaking of which, Carlos Sainz driving for Ferrari ended up winning! Really impressive since he was recovering from a surgery a couple of weeks ago. It was also nice to see Mercedes not scoring any points at all, especially hearing one of them having its engine end itself abruptly which was music to my ears lol.
March 27, 2024
  • College was fairly chill. In fact, we played a couple rounds of Kahoot that I had fun in. HMMMM I wonder what it's about?!? Even got a 2nd place finish too!
Yes, I nicknamed myself after a car if that wasn't obvious enough lol. Here's what it looks like for those who are curious! Still holding out hope that I'll spot one in person someday.
Honda Beat Kahoot.png
  • I got to disassemble a part of a transmission with my group members. It was a little challenging to put stuff back together, but it was pretty cool seeing components. Sometimes, I wonder how people even come up with the idea to engineer complex stuff in general.
March 28, 2024
  • I had no classes during this day, so I used the time to relax and do some things!
  • An update dropped for Gran Turismo 7 and added three cars to the game. It's a good selection including the one I never would've expected to actually appear and it's hilarious! It gets a bit lengthy here, so feel free to skip this point.
No, your eyes aren't fooling you. The devs actually added the 2018 Lamborghini Urus to the game. :ROFLMAO: I have a thing or two against huge SUVs, but I don't really mind them in video games at all because you can try to compete against cars that are more sportier and humiliate them lol (see the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg from The Crew 2). I actually added this car to my identified cars list all the way back in 2022 when I saw it for the first time while driving on the highway, so it's become one of the three cars in the entire list (at the time of posting this) that I mentioned before eventually getting added to the series along with the Honda Civic Type R (FK8) and the Chevrolet Corvette C8!
Fishermans Ranch__1.jpeg

Here's the kicker, though: it shares a lot of parts with Audi (more specifically the Audi RS Q8), even down to its engine. This is because both Audi and Lamborghini are owned by Volkswagen. Basically, it's just a glorified Audi with a Lamborghini badge slapped onto it, but I don't mind it at all because I can have fun driving it in a video game lol.

Speaking of Audis, one got added to the game as well: The 2016 Audi R8 Coupe V10 Plus! I've actually seen this car at least a couple of times last year, but I didn't add it to my identified cars list because I thought the devs would never add the second gen R8 to the series. Because of this, I'll challenge myself to try and spot one this year. If I do, I WILL let you guys know. 😲
Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist_.jpeg

Here's the third addition to the game, and it's a returning veteran to the series. I present to you a 1999 Toyota GT-One (TS020)! This brought back memories of me playing Gran Turismo 3 years ago as I occasionally see this car driven by an opponent of course, driving it myself. I'm so glad that it's back in high quality detail and sounding amazing too. Just think of seeing your old friend again after a very long time. 🥺
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_.jpeg

And here's what it looks like in Gran Turismo 3 when it was released back in 2001 (ugh, I'm feeling old lol). It may not have sounded accurate in that game compared to the real thing, but it's got a distinct noise that gives it character.
1711758949799.png
  • I got to hang out with my coworkers in the evening and chatted with them a lot. I don't want to give out more specific details, but it made me so happy on the inside hearing that all of us including my supervisor and my manager are on the same page. I even opened up to them too which isn't something I do very often aside from my manager and supervisor. Reflecting on myself, I feel like I got really lucky to be working with these people despite a few issues considering the industry I'm heading into. Just... Wow. I genuinely felt happy from that. 😭
March 29, 2024
  • It's Good Friday, so it's another day where I get to relax at home. Despite not getting enough sleep last night, I was feeling pretty good!
  • My mom made spaghetti for breakfast hehehe.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 continuing to mess around with the silly Lamborghini Urus. You can make it spit out flames with anti-lag installed and it's hilarious. :LOL:
  • I got a bit of college work done! It always feels nice getting some weight off of my shoulders.
  • I ended up napping for at least a couple of hours, but that's okay. I should be doing it more often when I need to catch up on some sleep.
  • My mom made Tuscan chicken and cassava cake for dinner!
  • A couple of days ago, I spent the rest of my silver to buy a few more balloons with colours given at random. For one, I got a blue bunny balloon and a blue heart balloon! Really amazing since it's my favourite colour. To top it off, I got a sweet balloon in the end! Luck has been on my side this time around. I mentioned this to @/xSuperMario64x and he said I got a trans balloon hehe. 🏳️‍⚧️
  • I'm simultaneously excited and terrified for this year's egg hunt! I still haven't recovered from egg #6 from a couple of years ago. If you know, you know. 😆

WE GOT THE EGG RE-RUN OF MY DREAMS AAAAA!!! The Galaxy Egg, Aurora Egg, and Zen Egg all finally feel within my reach... I’m so happy... ;w; Also in love with the Golden Egg’s revamped design!! I’m gonna have to make sure to show mine off more often aaaa

I got to finish one of the chibi drawings I started yesterday!!

My parents and I watched LDShadowLady’s new Minecraft SOS episode this evening!

I almost didn’t check ACNH tonight, but I’m so glad I did because Celeste?? Finally appeared on my island again??? And she gave me the moon DIY??? 😭

- Woke up early and was productive at work. Finished everything I needed to for the week (I also got paid). 📊

- Went to the gym afterwards and did some cardio. 🏃‍♂️

- Came back home and fed my kitties and gave them fresh water. 🐱

- Played some Honkai: Star Rail and was finally satisfied enough with my Acheron build to start working on the newest story. Very interesting happenings this time! 🎮

- The Dallas MAVERICKS defeated the Sacramento Kings in Sacramento AGAIN, this time 107-103!! That extends their winning streak to six games. Both the Stars and Mavericks have six game winning streaks going for them, and the Rangers won Opening Day. Hell yeah! 🏀 🔥 😁

My trip is in less than 48 hours now! Weather surrounding the eclipse is looking a bit concerning, but luckily I set aside extra money for this trip which I was able to put toward booking a fully-refundable contingency plan in the event the weather decides not to cooperate at my primary viewing location. I hope I don't have to follow through on said plan, but at the same time it would be another opportunity to fly again! In the meantime, in less than two days I'm going to be back on board my home away from home, on Amtrak heading from Los Angeles to Dallas over two days and nights and I can't wait!

I've been finding it difficult to do my uni work for the past month (partially because of chronic pain, partially because of a hyperfixation that became debilitating), but today I've finished one of the parts I've been needing to catch up on!

Now I'm feeling more confident that I'll be able to get on top of things again. 💪

- I went to the gym and got a solid workout. Did some more reps than usual for my dumbbell workouts and felt more pumped 💪
- Played Pokémon Scarlet and caught Latios.
- Ate a chocolate muffin for dessert.
- Finished a 10 Day Drawing Challenge on an art community. They were just exercises, though I might use some of the reference photos to draw something cool and post here.
- Chatted with my mom and she took a screenshot of me with some filters I played around with on FB Messenger.
David with Filter from Messenger.jpg

Last edited:
Mans walking around the city in his pants and a fake ankle tag and his boyfriend who was even smaller than me shouted at me for laughing and said I am from an anthill bro LOL LOOK AT YOURSELF YOUR BARELY BIGGER THAN AN ANT but I told him to calm down and find his boyfriends trousers for him and that it will all be ok and he went away and it made me happy cos papa always says ALL MOUTH AND NO TROUSERS and I was happy I could tell him this ahahahahahahahahahahaha

I’m doing okay today 🙂; a bit better than I’ve been the last few days. The Easter Egg Hunt is helping me distract myself. Still feeling very depressed overall but I’m having a lot of fun with the egg hunt even though the struggle is real 😅😂. It’s nice though to browse around the site for possible answers after being gone so long from here 🙂. Really excited about the eggs available for us to get this year! It was tough to pick which basket I’d wanted to select from since both had plenty of eggs that I want.

It’s getting closer to Neuvillette’s rerun banner in Genshin 🥳. I’m thinking of pulling for his weapon too; I’m hoping I’ll get lucky and get both him and his weapon with as few pulls needed as possible so I can start saving for my other favorite guys 🙂🤞🍀.

I should be getting that namecard that I want today in Genshin; the one that is rewarded for completing all the TCG achievements. I need about 2k more coins until I finish the last achievement 🥳. Neuvillette’s card and the deck I’m using helped me beat a lot of the npc decks that I was having trouble beating before 🙂.

Jewels is sleeping on my bed and I brought Spanky upstairs; she jumped in the coffee cup tower for a minute before jumping back out and licking my arm 🥰. I don’t know what I’d do without my kitties ☺️.
788018F6-9B54-456B-B992-E8B4DE55968C.jpeg

Back