• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

what are the little things you want?

i REALY want to be able to put public works projects on the beach !!!!!!!!!!!!! also new flowers would be really nice!

better integration/location and interactions for kicks.. love him.. one of my fav npc designs, but even i never went to the shoe shop much after i found my shoes (a few visits -_-) unless i made a point of visiting him.

Last edited:
I love all of these! I guess I am kind of adding on to your outside decor idea, but I would absolutely LOVE it if I could put up Christmas lights during the winter season on my house. Either red/green or blue/white. I've always been so irritated that I can't do that!

I would want stackable items to automatically stack when you pick them up - things like bells and fruit.

This is more of a "me" thing, but divide all bell amounts by 100. Bells in denominations less than 100 are basically worthless. So you'd get 1 bell from a tree, but that 1 bell would be worth significantly more.

One thing I really want is for there to be more town events/holidays. The holidays we have now in NL are great, but most of them are based around real-world holidays, so unless your town is set to a date around a holiday, not much really goes on aside from special character visits and the occasional bug/fishing tourney. I just want to have some more random town events like there were in the GameCube version. The morning summer aerobics, sports fairs, cherry blossom festivals just added more life to the town and I honestly get sick of hearing my villagers complain about there not being much going on in NL when there’s no event on the horizon.

normal items from balloons
the cafe to be an actual cafe not just some minigame area.. like the old days
bigger map
more to explore
maybe caves
map to be bigger and less boring (like atm its just a big piece of grass with a river and a beach thats about it)
BEDROOMS
more basements
bigger inventory maybe expandable with backpack
more events
maybe real time weather

By real time weather you mean synced to your real location's weather? I think that would be partially neat but a shame for areas where it never snows or always rains.

But speaking of weather I think it would be cool if all weather types had a chance of appearing based on the time of year each day - and the percentage chance of each actually changes for every single day, meaning that you could get snow in your town many town a lot earlier than in other towns, or you could even have a minute chance of getting a freak snowstorm in April or something. Basically making the weather less scheduled is what I'm thinking. It'd be cool if there was no one date when snow would stick to the ground or disappear.

One thing I really want is for there to be more town events/holidays. The holidays we have now in NL are great, but most of them are based around real-world holidays, so unless your town is set to a date around a holiday, not much really goes on aside from special character visits and the occasional bug/fishing tourney. I just want to have some more random town events like there were in the GameCube version. The morning summer aerobics, sports fairs, cherry blossom festivals just added more life to the town and I honestly get sick of hearing my villagers complain about there not being much going on in NL when there’s no event on the horizon.
I definitely agree with this! GC had so many cute events and little things that just added so much liveliness to the game. I think that one of the best things that they could do for AC on Switch is add things like that. It makes me sad that a lot of things were taken out presumably for being more specific to Japanese culture, because I think these make the game all that much more charming and interesting.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but I'd like to see the ability to trade items via code come back! It would be so much easier than having one person have to host the other any time they wanted to trade items!

Last edited:
A notebook to keep track of villager requests, visits, birthdays, moving out days etc.

Gardens like in HHD.

I thought about it for a minute and came up with a few ideas.

I apologize if I repeat ideas others have said I've not read whole thread.

I want harriet to ditch the mii masks and gain some new options. I want the player character to also ditch the nub hands and get.... actual hands. On a console like the switch I think there's no excuse to not give the player hands. The nubs are the best design choice for the 3ds because it can't show high detail, but trust me, they'll look weird in a fully hd enviroment, I think they already don't fit in with pocket camp. I want Harriet to offer nail colours and designs. These will not fade or anything like that, and you can change them once a day - even if you got a haircut you can change your nails, but you cannot change your eyes and hair in one day still... the reason? getting your nails done will act as a new friendship mechanic for harriet, just like talking to sable. Once you're at a high friendship with harriet she will do your nails for free, and offer more interested options like 'galaxy' nails etc, I think the nails should remain short to keep with the tone of the design, so it will really just be a tiny splash of colour. I thought of expanding this with makeup.... but I think makeup would break the tone of the game, whereas even little girls occasionally paint their nails. I'm not 100% sure how I would translate this for male players, male players could get their nails done if they wanted, but I feel many would not be interested. The only thing I can think of that could serve this same friendship role is having harriet style a small piece of the players hair, think of it like one piece of hair in the front of your haircut that you can get coloured differently from the rest of your hair. But I guess the reality is Boys are less likely to befriend a woman running a salon anyway irl.... so ... idk! :p

Other than that I want new tree species. These would act basically like the existing plain trees. Wouldn't it be nice to have more diversity in trees? So many players save their towns in cherry blossom season, but with different trees that flower at different times of year I think this would lead players to have a lot more options with the look and feel of towns. The gingko recently added to pocket camp made me think of this. I think the fruit trees could also look more like their irl trees, orange trees having darker deeper greener leaves, the trees blossoming the related flower to the fruits before the fruits appear on the tree.... little details to make the trees more unique. I also hope the trees are larger to create a feeling of the player walking UNDER the trees not merely beside them.

Trees I hope get added :

Gingko
Weeping willow
Japanese Maple
Camelia Trees
... and basically any other beautiful and unique trees they can put in the game.

I've seen some people do very interesting mods of the game and change tree appearance.... maybe the game could just have it as a default feature! I also want new thing, in the autumn I would like if leaf piles appeared on the ground, they would work similarly to clovers in that you can run over them and they won't disappear, but they will look pretty and make a satisfying 'crunch' sound when you run over them. I think it would also be an interesting way of incorporating mushrooms, as irl mushrooms love to grow in tree mulch... maybe you might trip over and pile of leaves and say something like "huh a mushroom was in here!" and it will be put into your pockets. I think it'd be cute and really emphasise the feeling of fall. I think in the winter too, some tree types should completely shed all leaves, with others retaining leaves - just like real life. Basically as much as possible I want players to have options to make their towns look unique and different using all the flora available to them. More plants! So many plants!

Also... no more rolling log! rolling log just limits a lot of stuff with spacial awareness because that's.... not how real life works. I think the rolling log is such a design flaw in the series. It's gotta GO!

^I would personally be happy with the hands for the villager in smash. Where the four fingers are a nub but a thumb is separate.

A notebook to keep track of villager requests, visits, birthdays, moving out days etc.

Gardens like in HHD.

You used to be able to buy a notebook in ACGC and make daily entries. I kept mine for milestones in the game. I know there are game notes on the 3DS, but it isn't quite the same.

People have probably already said this, but a bigger furniture stock, especially after you upgrade the shop to the max level, would be pretty nice.

Interactive Villagers, something that make you think that the Villager you pick was something more that just the way he/she looks...

It?s more visual, but during autumn, the leaves will blow throughout the town on ?windy? days ( kinda like the cherry blossom petals but isn?t limited to a week, but throughout the fall season.

The same with winter, we have snow fall, but let?s have different varietys like flurries and blizzards (maybe not blizzards....)

Villagers with allergies would be a nice touch (I know there were fruit allergies in GC) some can?t come out of their homes until someone brings them medicine, this lasting until 6am the next day (you can also order it if multiple animals need it)

There?s more,but I can?t think of it at the moment. I?ll add more when I can remember

Maybe Christmas lights for the houses?

I would love it if villagers would decorate their houses around major holidays. That was always one of the little things about Wild World that I enjoyed with Bright Nights(I think that?s what it was called?) and such.

Last edited:
Bright Lights was ok, but I didn't like that the animals couldn't ping you during those week long events. Nor did they talk to each other. :(

Back