• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Villagers you had no interest in that changed completely

Have you ever had a villager you originally had 0 interest in, or just didn't know they existed, only to just completely fall in love?

In my case that'd be Sylvana. I was looking for a replacement for Margie because I just couldn't connect with her, so I had a friend with Sylvana's amiibo card invite her over and let me adopt her. It's only been a few days but I just adore her! Her house is so cute, she has such an adorable design and catching her doing yoga with Marshal one morning melted my heart. I gave her a tweed dress and some other things but she ONLY ever wears the tweed dress. It's her favorite. :) I usually see her out and about carrying a basket near her flower garden.

This is an interesting post! I had zero in Stella but then just saw her in my campsite one day and just randomly really wanted her so I took her 💕

I think Reneigh? None of the new villagers tickled my fancy (I mean, Dom is cute but idk if I want him as a perm resident). I thought her design was nice but then when I found out she had the play hobby and maybe that just enhanced her style for me. Now, I liked her a lot. Horse villagers were never a favorite of mine but it works well on Reneigh.

She embodies a real strong sisterly vibe to me.

Claude.

He's not popular. I didn't (and still don't) have any particular fondness for bunnies. But Claude's one of my first 5 starter residents. The only one to remain, as a matter of fact, because I've become so fond of him, I don't think I can let him go. I can't explain it. Every day I look for him and talk to him. I think his generous smiles and childlike ways soothe my easily rattled nerves.

Raymond. Crazy, but true. I already had my favorites (Eunice and Octavian) living on my island. They've been my go-to's for actual years. Then when Raymond came out and the hype began, I was just indifferent and slightly judgemental.

Then the YouTube challenges came out. Everybody wanted Raymond. So, I made it a challenge for myself to use the campsite method and get him- just to see if I could do it before they did. Took me only one and a half days to get him. Now he has become one of my favorite villagers. I love his design, and he fit right into my island.

Okay so here me out.... I did not understand the Marshal hype at all. I was like, he's a white squirrel.. ok. Boring.

But then... I saw him on a Nook Miles Tour and I was like hmm... I think I'll invite him.

Now I'm stalking him around my island like a weirdo.. WHY IS HE THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN??? WHY???

Absolutely Clay for me. He was my fourth villager and I was just getting used to the game and now he is my absolute favourite!
I still don’t have his picture but it’s my no.1 priority every day to meet his every need to get it!!

tank has officially grown on me. he was one of my starter villagers, along with sheri. for some reason, i haven't been able to let either of them go - even if tank annoys me a little bit with his big-headedness, and sheri's always making up new food recipes she wants me to choke on try. but i can't see my island without my original two neighbors who've been here through the thick and thin. they were here when this island was at it's lowest, so they should be here when it's at it's highest too <3

Deirdre was the straw that broke the camels back for me for changing my final lineup. She’s a cool sisterly and has an amazing room. I have yet to reclaim her since I let her go to get her true house, but I am waiting fervently for her!

haaahhaaaAAAA Tammi. I saw a picture of her when i was looking into Peppy villagers and found her. never had heard of her and OMFG SHE'S SO CUTE

THen i went on a hunt and found her 8th ticket in!!! super happy and i LOVE her and have her picture and all that junk :)))

For me, when I was starting off the game, I did not know that if you bought multiple plots of land and did not fill them the day they were open and random villager would move in. This happened to me, as I bought two plots of land, and then when island hopping for Sherb. On my second island, I got sherb, so I then decided to be done for the day and maybe look for another villager tomorrow. I then come back the next day and see two sold signs on the land plots, one for Sherb and one for Ankha. I was originally mad that Ankha moved in and told myself I was going to sell or get rid of her as soon as she asked to move, but the day she moved in, I really started to like her. I thought she had a really cool and unique design, and over the next few days I really started to love her. I then decided I was going to keep her, and from then she is still on my island and is one of my favorite villagers in the game!

Judy :) Her eyes creeped me out so I wasn't interested in getting her however I came across her while island hopping and invited her because I knew she was popular. I love her sweet (to me) and sassy (to other villagers) personality and her eyes don't creep me out anymore they are actually very cute.

Back