• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers wanting to Move Away more often.

FeddyMax

Baron von Homsar
Bells
Almost everyday this week, a villager tells me that they are planning to move away. I do not want any of my current villagers to move away quite yet, so I always ask them not to move.

The thing is that this seriously increased. The last couple months, no one had any plans of moving away, but now suddenly in the last week of July, almost everyone's wanting to leave. :(

What is up with that? Anyone have a clue to why this is becoming so common for me?

Just a theory, but do you have a Perfect Town? And if you did, have you perhaps lost it?

Technically you do have a chance every 2 days, since the game needs a day to process a move denial. It's super rare that I get a mover on 2nd day though, and I have a perfect town which supposedly means your animals won't want to move out as often.

I can only guess maybe the RNGods are having their fun with you though

It just means that you have a high friendship with that villager. Closer they are to you, more they wanna move away ;__;. Especially if they already gave you their picture i think..

I have all my permanent villagers and they ping me about moving every so often.. XD and im always like "nope you guys are staying in my town forever" lol. I got at least one pic from each of them

*for me, record was like 2-3 days in a row i got villagers ping me about moving. So yeah.. It can happen.

Last edited:
Just a theory, but do you have a Perfect Town? And if you did, have you perhaps lost it?

Technically you do have a chance every 2 days, since the game needs a day to process a move denial. It's super rare that I get a mover on 2nd day though, and I have a perfect town which supposedly means your animals won't want to move out as often.

I can only guess maybe the RNGods are having their fun with you though

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with this "Perfect Town" idea. I play the game a lot, yet I haven't been too familiar with the things the New Leaf community does. Can I have a brief explanation on how Perfect Towns work?

If your town meets a certain requirement, you get what's called perfect town status. To find out your status, go to Isabelle and ask her about citizen satisfaction. According to what she says, she'll tell you the status of your town and how to improve it. If you have a perfect town, a flower called Jacob ladders should grow. If you maintain it for 15 days straight, you'll get a golden watering can. Villagers are less likely to move with perfect town status.

^ What they said, and also the stuff about friendship too. I forgot to mention that :p Animals will actually ping more to move with higher friendship! Seems backwards, I guess, but that's how it works~ (That's why hitting your villagers and such is actually detrimental to the moving process)

Last edited:
Back