• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🧳Villager Roomies!🗑️

MiniPocketWorld

🌺🦥🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
In ACNH, when a villager visits you, sometimes they talk about becoming your roommate, or moving in with you, or they talk about where their stuff will go in your house and what not.

Maybe it was the precursor to the dlc where you can put villagers in a house together.
But...

What if they are planning to allow you to have a villager Roomates in the next AC game?
> How would you feel about that?
> Would you have a villager move in with you?
> Who would you pick to move in so you can slave away in the kitchen for them and pick up thier trash they throw around? 😆
> Any little interaction wishes or thoughts?

ah I know this thread is a little old, but this seems like a neat idea! I think it could be like Stardew Valley, where instead of getting married to someone, you could ask a villager to be your roommate when you’re at a high friendship level. They could help with dailies, like watering flowers, or digging up fossils. They could also add their own furniture to your house randomly.

What if they are planning to allow you to have a villager Roomates in the next AC game?
Idk if they would actually add something like this to an AC game, since I think it could change the dynamic you have with a villager by a lot. It would be cool if the stuff that villagers said could actually happen in game though!

> Would you have a villager move in with you?
I would probably have a normal or peppy villager move in with me if this was an actual feature. Even if I love jock villagers, I’m not that into sports, and I don’t want their equipment lol. I love lazies, but I think it’s obvious why I wouldn’t want them to move in with me.

Ooo, this is an interesting concept! I don’t think I’d mind it, but I’d want a couple of options to be toggle-able. I wouldn’t necessarily want their house interior to combine with mine, so I’d want to be able to turn that off entirely, or be able to turn off individual items from their house. I also wouldn’t want to have to be trapped in the house if they are home, so that would have to go. I’d also want it to be toggle-able whether or not they could be allowed to fall asleep in your bed and/or enter my room. Not that my character uses her bed - she did used to use it though! It’s just more the idea of, “Oi, what are you doing in my room.” It’s interesting the dynamic shift that could come from this! I’d be curious to see what people’s 1-10 rating of their “roommate villager” is before starting and a couple months after starting would be.

I would pick Ione or Rosie to be my roommate. I love them both so much. It’s a hard choice…if Ione had been around since the beginning of NH, I’d probably have gone with her without a thought, but since I spent a long time loving Rosie and even having her as my camp caretaker in ACPC, I have a fondness towards her as well.

I would LOVE this!!! I would obviously have my girl Kiki for my first roommate, although I wouldn't call her my roommate, she would be my pet familiar LOL! I'd also love if we could choose multiple roommates, maybe up to the number of rooms you have in your house? Imagine walking into your house will all these villagers in it! Ah! would only hope that could be a possibility in a future installment.

I can't see them ever implementing this. It's likely just a theoretical thing that villagers bring up. Hypothetically, I think it would be interesting to see how this would even work and I like to have Mac as a roommate. He's my favorite villager and I think we would be good friends.

I think it would be so cool, but I don't know if I want it for real! Hypothetically I would love Julian as a roommate, or maybe Cherry, or Punchy💕

I can't see them ever implementing this. It's likely just a theoretical thing that villagers bring up. Hypothetically, I think it would be interesting to see how this would even work and I like to have Mac as a roommate. He's my favorite villager and I think we would be good friends.
Croconaw about this yesterday I visited some dream addresses in New Leaf and like always I made many screenshots as a souvenir. I read many times on the forum your love for Mac so I unconsciously took this screenshot and then realized I did it because I remembered your love for Mac!
IMG_20240207_033455169~2.jpg

Ohh this is a fun idea,

I love when my villagers come to visit, and talk about moving in. I think it would be interesting because wouldn't it be like in hhp where you need to please both parties if they move in.

As long as it's not like when you marry someone in Stardew and they decide to paint your walls. Because well that's fun when that happens.

Thinking of all my villager's default houses, I think I would room with Toby. We've got a similar taste and I love my Bunnyribbit.

I think it would never happen but it is an interesting idea. I think it would work more if it was just temporary rather than permament. However, if there was a villager I would room with it would have to be Ken.

Ken and I both have very similar tastes in furniture so it wouldn't bother me. Ken is also one of my top 10 favourite villagers so thats a positive as well. Drago is my favourite villager but his Asian themes are closer to Chinese style rather than Ken's Japanese style. Ken is also a ninja. In AC, I am also a ninja. It just works out.

Back