Villagers that get way too much hate

i agree with tabby, also i dont know if bella gets a lot of hate but i dont think people particularly like her

Pietro! I love him and he's a dreamie of mine, however I don't blame others for not liking him. He can be scary.

I had Pietro and I liked him despite what other may think of him. I actually like his design. Super colorful!

Anchovy gets quite a bit of grief from players because of his thick eyebrows.

WOAH this is very surprising to me...
katt and shari are my favourite uchis
tipper is one of my favourite villagers
truffles is my FAVOUrite peppy???
and boone is in my town at the moment bc i got his amiibo and hes cute !!

to me, all of those villagers seem objectively cute, esp truffles... i'm so shocked

Katt and Pietro. They are some really nice villagers. Katt has this rock vibe for me(?). Pietro looks nice and is unique( even when he is a clown (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) ).

I think a lot of the mice villagers are pretty cute but people just dont seem to like them D:

Katt and Pietro. They are some really nice villagers. Katt has this rock vibe for me(?). Pietro looks nice and is unique( even when he is a clown (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) ).
I wouldn't say Pietro is universally hated, but he IS one of the most polarizing villagers in the series. Half of the fandom adores him while the other half despises him.

I would say that almost anyone who isn't at the top of the Tier list gets way too much hate. What's to blame for the hatred of these characters is the Tier list itself: it's complete total BS. It's kinda like the Tier list in SSBM but somehow much, MUCH worse. Almost everyone who looks at that list hates everyone who isn't at a high Tier. I think the Tier list should be removed COMPLETELY since it was and always will be a bad idea. Unlike most of the players, I actually have reasons for not liking villagers that most people dislike instead of just hating them because everyone else hates them. For example, Monique is a villager that a lot of people hate because they think she is ugly. While I agree that she is a bit ugly (too much hair but not the most ugliest villager though), I had her in my first 2 towns for a while and she was very mean towards me which ended up in me not liking her. That doesn't mean I hate her though, I just don't like her.

There is one villager that I always disliked though and I'm glad that she never came back to the series despite her personality, and that is Penny. I don't know why but I always found her really creepy for some reason. Maybe had she been in later games they could've possibly made her look far less creepy.

As for one villager I like but not many people seem to like, that would be Phil. He is an ostrich villager who first appeared in New Leaf and he kinda reminds me of Falco from StarFox. He's also smug which means that he is kind-hearted.

Last edited:
I feel like that one let's play made shari seem like a demon from down below but she's really one of the cutest uchis ever. Some people hate monkeys but I think her and Nana are exceptions (Champ and Porter too).

Is it valid to say that most, if not all, of the mouse villagers are pretty much unwanted or really unpopular. Maybe that's just me, but I rarely ever see any of the mice receive much love. I was never a fan, especially when Cheddar moved into town, but Bella has definitely won me over.

Is it valid to say that most, if not all, of the mouse villagers are pretty much unwanted or really unpopular. Maybe that's just me, but I rarely ever see any of the mice receive much love. I was never a fan, especially when Cheddar moved into town, but Bella has definitely won me over.

I think Bree would be accepted if she were in my town. Luckily I have plenty of Amiibo cards so I don't have to worry about having a mouse.

i've seen pietro get either ADORATION or LOATHING and i just think he's a pretty cool sheep, doesn't deserve all that hate

I honestly think hating villagers is stupid as well as shallow. Why is it SO important we have the ultra cute villagers in the "right" spot?! I don't get it and I think it makes unnecessary hassle, Just have fun with who you get.

Pietro gets unnecessary hate. He's not a clown! He's a colourful sheep who's a bit of a flirt. That's all

You guys are so mean to Barold, did you ever think that his facial hair has feelings too or what

I honestly think hating villagers is stupid as well as shallow. Why is it SO important we have the ultra cute villagers in the "right" spot?! I don't get it and I think it makes unnecessary hassle, Just have fun with who you get.

Pietro gets unnecessary hate. He's not a clown! He's a colourful sheep who's a bit of a flirt. That's all

Naaaaaaaah mah boi, Pietro is satan in disguise

*vibrates* all of the villies get too much hate, or at least not enough love, in my opinion ; u ; The ones I've seen get the most hate though are Jambette and Rocket-- Though I've seen a lot of aggressive hate for many villies. The gorillas and frogs seem to get a bad rap, and sometimes sheep~ But there are only 8 personalities in Animal Crossing New Leaf, there are only the most minimal differences (honestly, largely based on your friendship level with the villager) in the individual animals. This leaves players with the main differences, aesthetic choices between houses and villager design. So the villagers with the least aesthetic appearances get a lot of hate, and those that are "eh" usually get neglected or just have a few people that got attached to them because of having them in an early town etc.

I feel like at high friendships, all of the personalities are quite charming and loveable! My friend made fun of me because every time I asked him what new villager had moved in, I responded with "Oh! I love them! They're *insert personality* I think, so they like *blank* and are really cute when *blank*" to the point where he would just laugh because I love them all, even when they scare me a little xD Just about any villager will grow on me, but I absolutely have my favorites! ...like 40... Which is why I have four towns..

TBH I've seen people get really mean and nasty about beloved villagers as well. When I tell people I like Marshal (I know, I'm generic, shhh) I sometimes get really aggressive responses, like it's wrong to enjoy a villager that others also like? D: I also love lots of bottom-tier babes, but my little fluff ball is pretty easily my favorite if not at least in my top-5 (which is hella hard!)

By the same token though, that's their play-style~ I can't stand plot-resetting, but I also hate if houses are put in certain places (usually obstructing the view of another building). As a result, my favorite town is my hack town because I can put everything exactly where I want and stop my favorite villagers from moving (though that's rarely an issue). With my completely natural file, I ADORE all of my villagers, but I have little control over certain aesthetics that make the game a bit less enjoyable for me. To each their own, you know? (None the less, it does bother me when people are super mean to their villies... just on a low internal level though. And Pietro is a sweet little rainbow sheep, I love him c: )

Last edited:
katt doesn't get as much hate as i thought as i made a villager discussion on her a few weeks ago.
i don't find her ugly at all, she's cute! 1 of my favourites.

Back