Villagers that get way too much hate

Curlos! I love the sheep as a whole so much, they're my favorite species in the game, and Curlos is unironically my favorite sheep. He appeared in my campsite in my very first town, I fell in love with his design, and he moved right next to Frita. Cemented my love for him and for sheep as a species.

i feel like no villagers get THAT much hate anymore lol. someone will say i love sylvia (me lol) and people will agree!! same goes for barold and jambette etc...
well marshal gets love and hate equally lmfao

My big girl Paula. For some reason, players don't like her. For me, AC wouldn't be AC without my disco Paula and her blue eye shadow. I must admit I am always surprised when players talk of 'hating' villagers based on looks. It makes me wonder if that carries over into real life. I hope it doesn't because that's no way to go through life.

all of the gorillas??? they're not ugly they're just big cuddly ape friends

All of the mice! They're all so unpopular and no one seems to like their designs. I know some of them are pretty horrific, but there are plenty of cute ones in the mix!

Many of the uchies really. Sylvia, Ren?e, Diva, Frita and Canberra, for example. I think their designs are really fun and creative. Also Sylvia is in my town and she's a sweetheart.

I must admit I am always surprised when players talk of 'hating' villagers based on looks. It makes me wonder if that carries over into real life. I hope it doesn't because that's no way to go through life.
You said it. Funny, I went to a really small high school so I guess I got introduced to obsessive popularity games here. ;)
I get the impression that many people who approach AC like that dissociate them as interactive characters, though, and it's as impersonal as picking out decorative plates or something. The weirdest thread I've seen so far is one that asked what everyone's going to do with their starting villagers (this is practically a one way ticket to a villager becoming one of my favorites because you naturally interact with them a lot to build your catalogue and bells), and everyone's blunt about never talking to them. Because they don't get to plot reset their houses. o_O

I like Paula a lot too, one of the voided villagers I miss the most along with Curlos, Winnie and Papi.

You know, I hear more people declaring their love for Jambette than I've heard hate. Which is wonderful. Maybe I just haven't been here for long enough though.

How in the heck does Marshal make it into this thread? I know some people dislike him because of his popularity, but that group pales in comparison to Jambette or other 'ugly' villager haters.

I know I like Hazel and I find time and time again that she gets a lot of hate to the point of said mayor saying they wish misfortune/death to them. Marshal doesn't get that kind of flak. The most he gets is 'why is he so popular, he's kind of annoying'

Marshal is adorable and deserves 100% of the hype and love he gets!

I don't have any villagers I have sympathy for though, I want Mott and Groucho to move out ASAP because they're not cute enough for my town and taking up space that could be taken by Marshal or Eunice..

Maybe Blaire because shes not as popular but I love her lots? Her catchphrase "nutlet" is beyond funny imo but she doesn't get a lot of hate, just not as much love

Last edited:
Pietro!! He's so cute and hasn't always been one of my favorites, but he grew on me. Now he's a villager that I really want!

Pietro! I mean, lots of people hate clowns (I do too) but the amount of hate he gets for literally looking like a clown is just too much! He's kinda cute to me!

I feel like I am in the minority who actually like Jitters, and Canberra as villagers. Jitters is so cute and his jock personality is something awesome, I could never allow him to move out.Canberra is so chubby and fluffy and her big sister personality really makes me enjoy talking to her.

Back