• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

villagers moving away and then coming back

lyradelphie04

asian stereotype
Bells
Switch
1826-4475-2112
Orange (Fruit)
So one of my dreamies recently moved in from a friend's town. Problem is... she moved in right next to me and on top of my garden.

My hope is to send her to another friends town, cycle 16 villagers, and bring her back.

Will she remember me if I do that? Will I have to cycle out ALL of my villagers or just one at a time until 16 have moved? I don't time travel... so what's the best way to get villagers in boxes? I've heard becoming best friends with them works, as well as introducing yourself and then completely ignoring them... exact opposites it seems. What's best for a non-timetraveler? Should I just stick with her right next to me so she doesn't forget me?

Thank you in advance!!

16 villagers will have to move out after her. it doesn’t matter which 16 move out as long as it’s 16. once you get her back, she unfortunately will not remember you. for me, the best way to get villagers out was to befriend them - the closer they are with you, the more comfortable they’ll be with leaving as they won’t feel like they’d be leaving anything unfinished.

whether or not you decide to just keep her is entirely up to you - if her house placement bothers you, i would cycle her out since you can’t move her otherwise. good luck!

Back