• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Help!!

C

CozyGamingMama

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster!

I am finally getting to work on my island. Here's the thing... I've been playing since launch. However... I got so frustrated with terraforming, I nuked 3 islands to start over so... Fourth times the charm? Honestly I am just too tired to do it again, so I'm keeping my island this time, no matter how long it takes me to sort out the design.

I'm gonna be building it area by area, then filling in the rest. I'm basing my villagers on the areas, so my villagers don't have a yard per say, they have an area they tend or oversee. Basically, instead of my island having a neighborhood, the entire island IS the neighborhood!

So far, I have Shino tending the bamboo forest/meditation garden, Poppy living her best life as a happy little forest nymph, and Vic running the fish market (with a suspiciously pirate ish collection/hoard near his house).

I'm looking for villagers for the rest of these areas now! Who would you recommend for:

A farmer who also runs the farmers market by noods cranny?

A villager who maintains the stargazing area and fossil dig site near the museum? (I'm okay breaking this into two villagers depending on suggestions that come in!)

A groundskeeper for the campsite

And then the rest I just want to fill up with cottagecore babies as my overall theme is like overgrown cottagecore mashed up with forestcore.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions of who comes to mind!!

how about ione for your stargazing area? she’s a galactic squirrel, so i think she’d be perfect for the job! she might not really suit the fossil dig site, though, so maybe coco or graham? coco’s design is inspired by gyroids, which are also dug up from the ground and have the same marking on the ground when buried as fossils do, so she could be nice. graham gives me palaeontologist vibes for some reason. 😅

for the farmer, goose, ava, billy and elmer come to mind. any farm animal would be cool. boots could also maybe work — he doesn’t really look the part, but his interior has a slight countryside/farm theme.

if you’re looking for cottagecore villager suggestions as well, i’ll suggest fauna, maple, beau, goldie, maggie, molly, maddie, erik etc.

how about ione for your stargazing area? she’s a galactic squirrel, so i think she’d be perfect for the job! she might not really suit the fossil dig site, though, so maybe coco or graham? coco’s design is inspired by gyroids, which are also dug up from the ground and have the same marking on the ground when buried as fossils do, so she could be nice. graham gives me palaeontologist vibes for some reason. 😅

for the farmer, goose, ava, billy and elmer come to mind. any farm animal would be cool. boots could also maybe work — he doesn’t really look the part, but his interior has a slight countryside/farm theme.

if you’re looking for cottagecore villager suggestions as well, i’ll suggest fauna, maple, beau, goldie, maggie, molly, maddie, erik etc.
Ahhh, thank you so much! I just looked her up and yes, ione would be PERFECT for my stargazing area!

Ava is almost perfect for what I wanted for my farmer, thank you!

And I love those suggestions for the fill in villagers, thank you!!

Vivian the Snooty German Shephard would be good to run the farm, since German Shepherds were originally raised as herding dogs.
225px-Vivian_NH.png

You could also try one of the food-based villagers to run the farmer's market to highlight the idea of homegrown veggies and fruits being sold there. Like Tangy, Ketchup, or Egbert. Egbert's actually based on egg yolk.
225px-Tangy_NH.png
Ketchup_NH.png
Egbert_NH.png

Or you could go with one of the more traditional farming animals such as cows, ducks, goats, pigs, or sheep. Some of the more natural looking ones are Angus, Tipper, Molly, Pashmina, Kevin, Gala, Dom, and Eunice.
225px-Angus_NH.png
225px-Tipper_NH.png
Molly_NH.png
225px-Pashmina_NH.png
225px-Kevin_NH.png
225px-Gala_NH.png
225px-Dom_NH.png
Eunice_NH.png

Judy the cub has star-shaped eyes similar to Celeste's when she's stargazing, so she could be an alternate to Ione (although I think Ione would be best).
Judy_NH.png

A wild animal that you'd find in a forest or national park would be cool for the campsite. Eric the lazy Moose would be cute. Bears have been mascots for forests for a long time, and I think Grizzly, Ike, or Paula would do well. You could also try the foxes Adie and Chief, or wolves like Fang.
225px-Erik_NH.png
225px-Grizzly_NH.png
225px-Ike_NH.png
225px-Paula_NH.png
225px-Audie_NH.png
225px-Chief_NH.png
225px-Fang_NH_Transparent.png

Squirrels would be good villagers too, as they love forested areas. Poppy and Marshal are good regular squirrels. Blaire looks more like a skunk, but I think she's still very cute.
225px-Poppy_NH.png
119px-Marshal_NH.png
225px-Blaire_NH.png

I would totally go with Ione as the stargazer. A good dig site village might be Bones 😆 a dog with bones as his name.
For the farmer, maybe Lyman (due to his paradise planning preferences) or Tipper.
For the groundskeeper, Winnie, Goldie, Chief, Whitney or Buck?

A farmer who also runs the farmers market by Nook's Cranny-- Patty, Molly, Erik, Fauna.. there's a lot for these.

A villager who maintains the stargazing area and fossil dig site near the museum-- Ione or Julian.

A groundskeeper for the campsite-- I feel like someone like Frett, Erik, most of the cranky bears would work..

Back