• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager dialogue

katineko

Bells
Hello,

I wasn't sure whether this would belong in the ACNH forum or here in this forum, but since I am probably going to start NL, I figured here would be fine. Please tell me otherwise!

So since NH has been out, and before the update, I have heard that the dialogue in NH is bland and your villagers don't have much personality, etc. etc. I was hoping that maybe there has been an improvement in the 2.0 update, and if so about how big of an improvement?
I also play NH, and I can agree with this, but cannot point out exactly what others mean about the NL vs. NH dialogue sometimes. I've heard that NH is more of a design game while NL is more of a personal, relationship development game. Is this true? Also, everyone is super nice in ACNH! No mean dialogue at all. Does NL villagers have a bit more of an attitude or more varied personalities?

I'm curious about this because I'm wondering if I should even bother with NL again because there are a lot of things I didn't finish or see. Like Welcome Amiibo and so on. I enjoy NH, but it doesn't have that same charm as previous AC titles. Plus, the NL soundtrack is great! I wonder if playing both would be too much. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Anyways, I would appreciate any information and opinions on dialogue and the games. Thanks in advance!

Personally I like the NH dialogue much better than the New Leaf dialogue. I think the New Leaf dialogue can be rather repetitive and they keep giving tutorial dialogue.
If you really want to enjoy talking to the villagers I’d try gamecube or wild world :)

definitely agree with Bilaz on NH dialogue > NL dialogue. they’ve added a lot of new things for villagers to say in recent updates, so if you talk to them a few times a day the variation will be there. NL dialogue in contrast is definitely pretty repetitive & bland even if you keep talking to villagers esp w the tutorial tips that never really go away...

I don’t think it’s too much to play both though since AC is such a play-at-your-own-pace series — if you want to catch up on things you missed in NL, you can do that & still enjoy it even if the dialogue can be lacking.

Personally I like the NH dialogue much better than the New Leaf dialogue. I think the New Leaf dialogue can be rather repetitive and they keep giving tutorial dialogue.
If you really want to enjoy talking to the villagers I’d try gamecube or wild world :)
Oh yes, Wild World is very nostalgic! I was also thinking about playing that one as well. By the way, how is the content in WW? Is there enough to accomplish or do? Any mini games or games with villagers? What are some things that WW has that NL doesn't?
Post automatically merged:

definitely agree with Bilaz on NH dialogue > NL dialogue. they’ve added a lot of new things for villagers to say in recent updates, so if you talk to them a few times a day the variation will be there. NL dialogue in contrast is definitely pretty repetitive & bland even if you keep talking to villagers esp w the tutorial tips that never really go away...

I don’t think it’s too much to play both though since AC is such a play-at-your-own-pace series — if you want to catch up on things you missed in NL, you can do that & still enjoy it even if the dialogue can be lacking.
That sounds like a good idea. Yea, I was definitely hoping that there had been a significant improvement in the dialogue for the 2.0 update.

Oh yes, Wild World is very nostalgic! I was also thinking about playing that one as well. By the way, how is the content in WW? Is there enough to accomplish or do? Any mini games or games with villagers? What are some things that WW has that NL doesn't?
Post automatically merged:

That sounds like a good idea. Yea, I was definitely hoping that there had been a significant improvement in the dialogue for the 2.0 update.
Wild World doesn’t really have anything explicitly to do that New Leaf does? The World just has a lot more character. Your villagers each have a hobby they’ll ask you for help with. A villager that loves fishing will challenge you to contests, a villager that loves collecting furniture will ask you for furniture of a specific colour. They can also ask you to deliver letters which is brilliant because often they’ll show you what they’ve written. The bulletin board is also full of funny messages every week, there are funny messages in a bottle. And if you play long enough NPCs will get ‘down’ and tell you their backstory. None of this made it to New Leaf :/

Wild World doesn’t really have anything explicitly to do that New Leaf does? The World just has a lot more character. Your villagers each have a hobby they’ll ask you for help with. A villager that loves fishing will challenge you to contests, a villager that loves collecting furniture will ask you for furniture of a specific colour. They can also ask you to deliver letters which is brilliant because often they’ll show you what they’ve written. The bulletin board is also full of funny messages every week, there are funny messages in a bottle. And if you play long enough NPCs will get ‘down’ and tell you their backstory. None of this made it to New Leaf :/
I remember the bulletin board👍 It is disappointing that the comments weren't in NL, or even NH. The holidays are unique as well apart from the other games. Are we still able to play online after all this time? Would you happen to know of a good guide with item lists, events, and so on?

I think animal crossing wiki has absolutely everything from the wild world era :D the DS servers no longer exist but there are less official ways to play online I think

I think animal crossing wiki has absolutely everything from the wild world era :D the DS servers no longer exist but there are less official ways to play online I think
Thanks for the suggestion. I have noticed that others are exchanging DS friend codes on here. But, I wonder if that method requires the DS servers.

I think they use some weird non official method but you still need the friend codes!

one thing I noticed recently about NH villager dialogue is that the very first thing they say when you first talk to them is always something short and sweet. to get to the better/longer dialogue you basically have to talk to them more than once. it wasn't like that in past games. the dialogue in NH isn't too bad, it's reminiscent of NL, but it's not nearly as fleshed out as the Gamecube/WW dialogue.

one thing I noticed recently about NH villager dialogue is that the very first thing they say when you first talk to them is always something short and sweet. to get to the better/longer dialogue you basically have to talk to them more than once. it wasn't like that in past games. the dialogue in NH isn't too bad, it's reminiscent of NL, but it's not nearly as fleshed out as the Gamecube/WW dialogue.
I've noticed that too. I'm going to start WW again just for the nostalgia👍

Back