• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

View The Wholesome Game Direct

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Games coming to Switch (almost 30!)
Live Stream recording:
-----------------------------------
So, like, I didn't even know this kind of thing existed. I ran into it while trying to find out when Garden Story is releasing since the pandemic has effected everything so much. I saw a little bit about the kind of games they showcase (I mean beyond what is said in the title, them being wholesome and all lol) and I have to say this has peeked my interest. It looks like there is a really cute animal crossing like game that is about dinosaurs. And I was surprised to see that more than 75 games (indie only?) will be shown??? That's a lot...
Supposedly Wholesome Game Direct will air Jun 12 at 1pm ET. And supposedly multiple titles will be announcing their release dates during the direct.

Last edited:
I had no idea this was a thing but it sounds like it'd be worth at least having a look! surely out of 75+ games there's gotta be at least a few that look interesting and worth buying
their website doesn't seem to have much info but scrolling through their twitter shows a little more, i'm excited to see what gets revealed!

i had no idea that this sort of thing existed, either but it sounds like something that’d be right up my alley! i’ll definitely be tuning in to this. :)

I want to watch this direct, but I probably shouldn't... I don't have lots of money to spend on these, and it's 75+ games targeting me as a demographic. 😬

I had no idea this was a thing but it sounds like it'd be worth at least having a look! surely out of 75+ games there's gotta be at least a few that look interesting and worth buying
their website doesn't seem to have much info but scrolling through their twitter shows a little more, i'm excited to see what gets revealed!
I decided to check out their youtube this evening. I guess this is a new thing. The very first ever Wholesome Game Direct was last year.
I'm going to have watch for them every year now.

I decided to check out their youtube this evening. I guess this is a new thing. The very first ever Wholesome Game Direct was last year.
I'm going to have watch for them every year now.
i think i will too, much to the despair of my bank account. a few of the games that were announced last year i've heard a lot of good things about so that seems promising for this year!

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have a more specified launch date on the games I have the most interest in (Ooblets and Garden Story). I do have a curiosity in Recolit though. It looks like it may be a point and click game and would like to find out more about it with time to see if it is for me.

Just finished watching it! –even though I told myself not to. I didn't actually get hooked into as many of them as I anticipated. I thought Alekon, Amber Isle, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Book of Travels and Mythic Ocean looked good! I'm not sure if I'll end up playing all of them though.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have a more specified launch date on the games I have the most interest in (Ooblets and Garden Story). I do have a curiosity in Recolit though. It looks like it may be a point and click game and would like to find out more about it with time to see if it is for me.
Garden Story looked like a fun game! I don't know how I feel about being a grape though. Haha

Just finished watching it! –even though I told myself not to. I didn't actually get hooked into as many of them as I anticipated. I thought Alekon, Amber Isle, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Book of Travels and Mythic Ocean looked good! I'm not sure if I'll end up playing all of them though.

Garden Story looked like a fun game! I don't know how I feel about being a grape though. Haha
I feel similar. I thought there would be 2 or 3 that I may have alot of interest in (beyond garden story and ooblets that I already knew existed). I mean many of the games looked like fun and looked nice, but things that I am ok with not playing. If it was wasn't for a game called Hokko Life that exists, I think I would be into Amber Isle more. I love how it is about dinosaurs, and I love how they are designed. But after working retail for as long as I have, and the terrible experiences of that with the general public, the idea of playing a simulation game of running a retail store just kinda... really puts me off. I also like the many options and variety I see with Hokko Life. My concern with Hokko Life and why I haven't picked it up is of the early access (current) reviews of bugs that are just too big for me to want to deal with. So I hope that maybe in 6 months or a year, Hokko Life may be more ready for me personally. I was also hoping to see something about a game that looks like a simulation game called Frontier Story that I saw a couple of pictures of on Twitter. I suppose it is something that is still in early development. I love the art style of it so it caught my eye.

I feel similar. I thought there would be 2 or 3 that I may have alot of interest in (beyond garden story and ooblets that I already knew existed). I mean many of the games looked like fun and looked nice, but things that I am ok with not playing. If it was wasn't for a game called Hokko Life that exists, I think I would be into Amber Isle more. I love how it is about dinosaurs, and I love how they are designed. But after working retail for as long as I have, and the terrible experiences of that with the general public, the idea of playing a simulation game of running a retail store just kinda... really puts me off. I also like the many options and variety I see with Hokko Life. My concern with Hokko Life and why I haven't picked it up is of the early access (current) reviews of bugs that are just too big for me to want to deal with. So I hope that maybe in 6 months or a year, Hokko Life may be more ready for me personally. I was also hoping to see something about a game that looks like a simulation game called Frontier Story that I saw a couple of pictures of on Twitter. I suppose it is something that is still in early development. I love the art style of it so it caught my eye.
Hokko Life is on my wishlist too! Haha. I understand though; if there were a super cute game about being a hostess, I'd probably give it a hard pass. I hadn't looked deep into Hokko, but I'll probably wait out them debugging it like you are.

I looked up Frontier Story at your mention, and I'm wishlisting it too. The developer said, "I especially want animals to play a large role in the game, aside from just being tools to make money." That's an instant win for me. :p It also embodies the wholesome label, really.

Hokko Life is on my wishlist too! Haha. I understand though; if there were a super cute game about being a hostess, I'd probably give it a hard pass. I hadn't looked deep into Hokko, but I'll probably wait out them debugging it like you are.

I looked up Frontier Story at your mention, and I'm wishlisting it too. The developer said, "I especially want animals to play a large role in the game, aside from just being tools to make money." That's an instant win for me. :p It also embodies the wholesome label, really.
The art from Yokai Inn and from Frontier Story I keep mixing up by accident. But if you did have an interest in Yokai Inn, you may want to look into Spirit Tea which is estimated to launch in 2022 according to their kickstarter (already fully funded and happened quick).

The art from Yokai Inn and from Frontier Story I keep mixing up by accident. But if you did have an interest in Yokai Inn, you may want to look into Spirit Tea which is estimated to launch in 2022 according to their kickstarter (already fully funded and happened quick).
Will do! Yokai Inn did look interesting, and management games can be fun.

Skimmed through the Direct. Some standouts to me were...
  • Snacko
  • Behind the Frame
  • Yokai Inn
  • Garden Story (I had already played the demo of this last year and thought it was very nicely produced, so I'm happy to see that production seems to be going well)
  • We Are OFK
  • A Walk with Yiayia
  • Dordogne
  • Tasomachi
  • Please Be Happy (I'm a big fan of Studio Elan in general, so I'm happy to see this)
  • Teacup
  • Venba

Is there a summary table somewhere of the games, platform, prices, and release dates? I may just have to build it...

I'm invested in the progress of Snacko, Yokai Inn, and Garden Story (happy to see this has a summer 2021 release - giving me laid-back Forager vibes). Can't say no to a good management/farm sim.

The main surprise for me is Lake. Delivering letters/packages seems like such a simple concept, but I've loved driving games in the past (Euro Truck Simulator mainly) and the lakeside community reminds me of some of my favorite IRL spots to visit. Added bonus of dialogue choices has me interested in the potential depth of the characters we'll meet and their stories. Just saw a demo was available so will be checking that out later today! :love:

I'm invested in the progress of Snacko, Yokai Inn, and Garden Story (happy to see this has a summer 2021 release - giving me laid-back Forager vibes). Can't say no to a good management/farm sim.

The main surprise for me is Lake. Delivering letters/packages seems like such a simple concept, but I've loved driving games in the past (Euro Truck Simulator mainly) and the lakeside community reminds me of some of my favorite IRL spots to visit. Added bonus of dialogue choices has me interested in the potential depth of the characters we'll meet and their stories. Just saw a demo was available so will be checking that out later today! :love:
I considered throwing Lake on my wishlist but honestly between ooblets and garden story alone that I plan on getting when they appear on steam, I knew I would never get around to Lake. But I like what I see in Lake and it kinda reminds me of how Spiritfarer is.

Back