• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wholesome Snack Event – Any Releases You’re Looking Forward To?

Mairmalade

mar 🐳
Staff
Bells
Island
Wisteria
Galaxy Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
The 'Wholesome Snack' aired today, which is essentially a mini direct for cozy indie games. There were a great mix of titles!

I was excited to see that Snacko is now in early access as of today. Simpler Times, Summerhouse, Duck Detective, Communite, and Bugaboo Pocket all look interesting, too. Bugaboo gives me big retro Tamogotchi vibes. 🥰

Did anything catch your eye?

Bugaboo looks like a cute game and the art is beautiful. I actually liked the feature of the bugs living thier life cycle which includes death and as the player you can decide to pin or bury.
I'll have to put it on my wishlist to watch its development and maybe one day play it out of curiosity, if I'm not deterred by certain bugs. On steam, it looks like the devs made this game to show good things about bugs and are keeping possible triggers in mind while making the game but not omitting bugs just because they are unpopular among most people.
As a kid giga pets were all the rage, this is a lot more than that lol. So it would be cool to explore it.

aah i normally always watch the wholesome directs but i've been so busy i totally missed this little snack!! these games all look so cute, taking some serious notes for my christmas list..

i agree, bugaboo has big tamagotchi vibes, so nostalgic!! duck detective looks super cute too

Flock reminds me of the game Flower which I really liked, plus the birs look ery nice and colorful.
Vivarium with it's style inspired by late 80's anime looks super cozy and I really wanna try it out.
I'm a sucker for cute pixelart so I want to give Snacko a chance.
But my fave has to be Bugaboo Pocket, I game made by and for bug/pet sim lovers like me <3

I think Usagi Shima and Snacko are must-buys for me. Usagi Shima reminds me of Neko Atsume in the best way, but with bunnies instead of cats. I know it’s been out for a while, but this is my first time seeing it, and I think it looks absolutely adorable! The new beach update looks so charming and cute. 🥹 I’m too tired to start playing it tonight, but I will definitely be downloading it whenever I have time tomorrow! I’ll have to think about whether I’ll be getting Snacko or not a bit more, but I’m very tempted! Getting to play as a black kitty is so exciting to me, and the art style is precious. I’m even more tempted to buy it now that I know it’s available on the switch; playing games on handheld is more fun to me than playing on desktop.

Vivarium is also tempting! I love the concept a lot, and the art style is lovely! It’s lower on my list of games I’m potentially interested in, but I’ll be keeping it in my thoughts fs! 👀 It’s also been out for a while lol, but Mail Time looks intriguing as well! It seems like the most relaxing cottagecore dream, and all of the critter characters are actually the cutest things ever?? Like, I’ve only had Soks for 30 minutes, but I already love him. It’s available on switch as well, so I definitely have some things to think about…

There were some games shown that piqued my interest. Bugaboo Pocket looks like something I'd enjoy a lot, so I'll probably get that one for sure at some point. I've heard of Snacko before, and it's one that I'd like to try out. Vivarium looks cute and cozy. Duck Detective is another that seems like it could be fun. I enjoy mystery books and games

Back