• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Town full of awesome top tier villagers or Town of unpopulars that fit a town theme?

QoQ

Bells
I started over a few days ago and had a plan in the making (Which had quite a unique look to it, but too many common villagers which caused me to second guess my theme.)

Now my new theme I've decided to keep 3 of my 6 villagers I currently have and am going for mostly bottom of the barrel villagers (mainly because I like the unique aspect of it and they match the look and base of my town). I'd rather keep my town a secret till its finished so I won't say much about it. Though I do have Pop Tart tiles for my path design lol.

Which type of town would you prefer to see?

If you have the Tier 1s just to have them then you can kiss your wallet goodbye lol but if you like the villager then using the term "Bandwagoning" isn't the right word to use. I love Diana because I saw her in-game, not because of this site, also Fang, Julian moved into my first town ever before I joined this site, and others. :3

But I'd say if you want a theme then go with the theme, it's up to you really.

Last edited:
If you have the Tier 1s just to have them then you can kiss your wallet goodbye lol but if you like the villager then using the term "Bandwagoning" isn't the right word to use. I love Diana because I saw her in-game, not because of this site, also Fang, Julian moved into my first town ever before I joined this site, and others. :3

But I'd say if you want a theme then go with the theme, it's up to you really.
I was talking about a town of all 10 villagers being top tier villagers, seems like a 'bandwagon' type of thing to me.

I don't mind if people have top tiers, or bottom of the barrel villagers.
I like to see town themes/landscaping/effort put towards their town planning wise.

But if I had to choose, it would be a mix of both.

wowowo Ami, having popular villagers in your town doesn't mean your jumping the bandwagon. jfc.

I would prefer to have a town a villagers that fit the theme, rather than have a theme and none of the villagers fitting D:

I don't mind if people have top tiers, or bottom of the barrel villagers.
I like to see town themes/landscaping/effort put towards their town planning wise.

But if I had to choose, it would be a mix of both.

I prefer a mix, but they didn't list that as an option sadly. (That would have been the one I would vote for)

- - - Post Merge - - -

wowowo Ami, having popular villagers in your town doesn't mean your jumping the bandwagon. jfc.

I would prefer to have a town a villagers that fit the theme, rather than have a theme and none of the villagers fitting D:

As I said. Having ONLY popular ones, just seems like a bit of bandwagon thing to me.

It's like saying I can't like 10 popular villagers, and makes me uncool because having bottom of the barrel villagers makes me a hipster. :I

It's like saying I can't like 10 popular villagers, and makes me uncool because having bottom of the barrel villagers makes me a hipster. :I
No that is not at all what I am trying to say. (I suck at my word choice so things often come off as if I was saying something else).

Let me try again:

I can understand liking 10 popular ones, but all of them being in the same town and all from tier one, just seems kind of odd.

Popularity shouldn't matter when picking your town or your villagers..

If you want to follow a theme, your villagers should follow that theme, regardless of their popularity..

If it's a town without any particular theme, then pick the villagers how you wish.. If you like the populars because they're popular, fine, use that reason :) .. You shouldn't let a villager's popularity affect the villagers you pick and/or the trades you make.

I don't even necessarily mean top tier villagers. For example Kid Cat is pretty common but hes tier 3. Ribbot and Bob I seen around quite a bit too.

I'm not someone who gets annoyed at people for having certain villagers, but I would like to note that visiting a town or dream town that has all top tier villagers gets kind of annoying after a while because it seems like every town has top tier villagers and you get tired of seeing the same villagers over and over again. I have 3 top tier (Bam, Whitney, Rosie), 4 second tier (Chief, Octavian, Flurry, Bob), 2 third tier (Kyle, Deidre), so I have several "popular" villagers, but I think I've done a semi-good job of sort of spacing my villagers. Because I see some top tier villagers so much (Julian, Diana, Stitches, Merengue), I've started to not like them. I had Julian and Stitches in my town and I got rid of both of them because they'd lost their luster due to being so popular and so many players having them.

I don't even care who you want in your town. But its just really boring when everyone has the same looking town...

In addition, I think mixing villagers really makes a difference too. Even if you have top tier villagers, if you mix them up (say, you have Diana, but not Julian) it makes a bit of difference. I just don't like towns that have the same villagers over and over and over again.

Do whichever you what, if you want to fit a theme then do it.
Personally, villagers in towns mean nothing to me. I care more about how it looks.

People shouldn't care about popularity. It's not like you're 'better' because you have popular villagers.
IMO it's boring that so many people have the same villagers

Back