• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Too scared to play again!

Flavia

Bells
I haven't played since late September I think...

I was trying to create a Japanese style village.
Work really got in the way and after a week of absence I was too scared to play again and find my town layout and villagers changed... I had Marshall ;___;
Fortunately I have the beautiful town ordinance active!

Did this ever happen to you? Any advice?

You can set the date back to the last day you played (or as close to it as you can get), then your town should be fine.

I've played every single day since I got the game haha xD For advice, I'd say if you are willing to TT of course, try to remember the day you last played and go to that date! Everything will be exactly the same as you left it c:

I vaguely remember I started collecting Halloweens items, it might be enough of hint!
I guess if I want to be "real time" again I'll have to "fake play" every day until today!! D:

I vaguely remember I started collecting Halloweens items, it might be enough of hint!
I guess if I want to be "real time" again I'll have to "fake play" every day until today!! D:

Check your 3DS activity log, it should show you the last time and day you played. Good luck!! Fingers crossed you don't lose anyone you love.

Check your 3DS activity log, it should show you the last time and day you played. Good luck!! Fingers crossed you don't lose anyone you love.

Does this work if you have 2 carts of the same game? ^^;; I'm thinking not, but worth a shot :B also wouldn't work i guess if you dont play on the real date anyway

Thanks for all the advice! I know already I won't leave the house next weekend haha!

I'm in a similar situation. I am about a month behind due to work and Christmas craziness. I was afraid to go back but I did and everything was the same. I am now slowly working to catch up. It's doable just time consuming. Good luck

Go to your activity log and see when you last played, then change your 3DS clock to that date and you'll be fine. c:

First go in as a new character and see if anything has changed. You might be worrying for nothing. As far as I know, the game "decides" someone is going to move when you load up on a certain day and they are gone around five days later. But, during the time of inactivity, if you don't load up, no others can have moved. So, if you happened to stop a mover before you stopped playing, there won't be another gone. Could be wrong.

Last edited:
Change the date and play multiple in-game days during the real-time days. Avoid villagers moving out by talking to them every in-game day, but also to save you the trouble of resetting the move-in's plot.

If you had one game, tt-ing wouldn't matter because as Megatastic pointed out, you reset the DS clock and you're good. If you have two copies, then it will tell you the last time you played either, sadly.

That's a great idea, I'll just make a new character and check what changed! :D

Worst case I'll play day by day... =_=

Back