• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Tomodachi Life General Discussion

I think it was also a memory thing. I vaguely recall reading in another site that to implement a same-sex marriage feature would make the game size bigger. To dish out more money by adding a feature rather than fixing one... I guess they really can't be bothered with an already-finished game as it is.
It would literally take nothing but a few lines of coding to fix.

And it's not really something that needs to be "added", it's something that need to be "fixed" because the lack of non-hetero relationships is a "problem", ya dig?

Also some parts of the world it was localized for do not yet accept same sex marriage
That's too damn bad for them then. Other life simulation games (like The Sims) have had same-sex marriage for years.

And it's not really something that needs to be "added", it's something that need to be "fixed" because the lack of non-hetero relationships is a "problem", ya dig?

Oh, I totally "dig" haha. We still have a long way to go. ~_~

Yes, it's unfortunate but I'm not sure Nintendo NA/EU has ever supported same sex relationships in their games. No matter your thoughts on it, let's end the same-sex marriage debate. (If you have proof that they do and want to make a point to me, PM me instead)

Exactly now how, ummmm isn't the clothing in the game interesting. It obviously has a point to other Nintendo games but I wonder what else will be in the clothing department

Yes, it's unfortunate but I'm not sure Nintendo NA/EU has ever supported same sex relationships in their games. No matter your thoughts on it, let's end the same-sex marriage debate. (If you have proof that they do and want to make a point to me, PM me instead)

Just as an important note, I'd like to point out that there was a glitch that could end up with the game breaking if it happened in the Japanese version which is the whole reason it was patched--it never even existed in Japan's game properly. It would require MUCH more than a little bit of coding due to the fact that it caused game breaking otherwise.

I'm still super excited for the game. And while I understand people being upset they can't have the marriage they want, there are tons of games where for the longest time, you could only even be one gender and there's still a large amount where that is still in play. I'm still happy I can finally play as a girl in many games now.

Clearly, no one. No one on this thread is excited for the game to come out.

Someone held me at gunpoint and told me to come to this thread, there's no other reason why I'd be here.

None. None at all.

I absolutely am not waiting for this game.

Nintendo on the whole gay marriage thing:
"We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game?s design, and such a significant development change can?t be accomplished with a post-ship patch. At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone. We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players."

I know people are going to call me names for saying this. But I don't ever want that in a game like this. It's just way too controversial considering the target audience, moreso than it not being in the game. If they do, they should make it free DLC or something, but not something that is pre-included in the game. Or, they should make an addition of the game specifically for these people.

"We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game’s design, and such a significant development change can’t be accomplished with a post-ship patch. At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone. We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players."

Yeah I saw that. That is a good way to handle it, considering Nintendo originated in a conservative country where people don't really talk about homosexuality much, let alone gay marriage.

Honestly I don't really care as it's just a game, but good for them.

I know people are going to call me names for saying this. But I don't ever want that in a game like this. It's just way too controversial considering the target audience, moreso than it not being in the game. If they do, they should make it free DLC or something, but not something that is pre-included in the game. Or, they should make an addition of the game specifically for these people.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't want anymore discussion of it if people cannot be respectful to other peoples opinions. Nintendo will do what they decide and consumers will react accordingly. Hopefully in the next installment there will be same sex relationships so we have that to look forward to. To those who do not look forward to it, it's okay, you will most likely be able to turn the feature on or off so that Nintendo can please all it's fanbase :)

"We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game’s design, and such a significant development change can’t be accomplished with a post-ship patch. At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone. We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players."

Nintendo of America said this, if they were unable to do it now, more than likely never. NoA's job is to translate the game. They're just trying to please the whiners.

Good for you then.

And for everyone crying about the gay marriage stuff, the Mii's can use both male and female features. So you can always pick the opposite gender and change the voice and facial features to that of the one you chose.

Good for you then.

And for everyone crying about the gay marriage stuff, the Mii's can use both male and female features. So you can always pick the opposite gender and change the voice and facial features to that of the one you chose.

Darling, we shouldn't have to do that.

Back