Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Nobody includes a glitch--it just happens and doesn't get caught in a playtest. Because of the glitch, it would be a large undertaking to include it without making it break the game and possibly involve a lot more than just an add-on as it'd probably involve a lot of stuff that makes the game "tick" as well. I mean, Nintendo even apologized and said they will try their best to get it included next time--but there is honestly nothing they can do about it right now. It's not a simple fix/patch.

And the only thing protesting is going to do is make it so that feature will never happen over here because then they may not bring the game over again. :(

Considering how little amount of games they actually bring here - and even less to the EU I would not be surprised. Sure you may be right about the protest reverse effect, but still even if it was intentional or not it got attention. They could always do a free DLC for it, maybe and release and while it was discovered 'late' I still think it was a bit lame to do what they did.

If people are so upset that there aren't going to be same sex relationships as an option in this, buy another game.
That's what I'll do :)

I just think that life simulators in 2014 should include same sex relationships without doubt.

Why should it include something that is illegal in most countries, not to mention immoral in most religions.

Why should it include something that is illegal in most countries, not to mention immoral in most religions.
Don't bring religion into this.. Religion should stay the frick away from gaming.

As far as I'm aware it's a game about creating you and your friends & then seeing the insanity happen. It's pretty bad when you can't create yourself accurately. I'm not asking for Sims level of customization, but the customization of mii's is quite crap. Not just that people might want to see their characters be the of the right sexuality.

Last edited:
I could say the same. Don't bring homosexuality into this.. Homosexuality should stay the frick away from gaming.

Why dont we talk about the games other mechanics instead of marriage~ Like about the food, I wonder what it will be since in Japan there was an entire selection of Japanese foods. What do you think will be changed for the other countries release?

I could say the same. Don't bring homosexuality into this.. Homosexuality should stay the frick away from gaming.
Homosexuality should be a part of Tomodachi, considering that getting together with a random mii and then having a child seems to be a big thing ingame. It's also a part of customization. Religion instead has nothing to do with this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why dont we talk about the games other mechanics instead of marriage~ Like about the food, I wonder what it will be since in Japan there was an entire selection of Japanese foods. What do you think will be changed for the other countries release?
I saw some gameplay footage and it seemed like the English version had stuff like pizza and tea. Disappointing tbh.

I saw some gameplay footage and it seemed like the English version had stuff like pizza and tea. Disappointing tbh.
That is food that japanese games had, I mean like region specific food~ Like in their games they had foods like Tamagoyaki (pan fried rolled egg) so what do you think everyone else may have?

Last edited:
Homosexuality should be a part of Tomodachi, considering that getting together with a random mii and then having a child seems to be a big thing ingame. It's also a part of customization. Religion instead has nothing to do with this.

As I said before, how can two people of the same sex have a child?

As I said before, how can two people of the same sex have a child?

trans gay people?
but this game seems pretty fantasy-like. like you can do whatever you want. why wouldnt it be possible in a game where logic doesn't make sense? but anywaaaay

i haven't watched much footage of the game but i hope you can edit your miis a bit more in the game. the options the 3ds gives you is kinda meh. i want more hair lol. i want to start working on creating my friends as miis though o:

trans gay people?
but this game seems pretty fantasy-like. like you can do whatever you want. why wouldnt it be possible in a game where logic doesn't make sense? but anywaaaay

i haven't watched much footage of the game but i hope you can edit your miis a bit more in the game. the options the 3ds gives you is kinda meh. i want more hair lol. i want to start working on creating my friends as miis though o:
I know really. The customization is quite crap. What if my friend has bright red hair? Why can't I make a miis hair red?!

I know really. The customization is quite crap. What if my friend has bright red hair? Why can't I make a miis hair red?!

the hairstyles are boring too.. they look so ugly. i hate them. and what if i want pink hair ): i hope they add some more customization in game because ehhh

They are limited to how the Miis are customized in the 3DS Mii Maker. Theres nothing they can do about that, unless Nintendo creates a firmware update for the 3DS to add more hairstyles and stuff for Miis.

That argument doesn't hold up if we consider the countless amount of games with illegal or immoral content. Grand Theft Auto, for example. And the things you can do in a game like that are way worse than two gay Miis having a family-friendly relationship in a family-friendly game.
People who are offended by it could stay away from it, couldn't they? And even if they still wanted to play the game they don't have to have gay Miis, right? I don't see the problem, then...

Back