• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

To those who don't live in America...

Have you visited the United States before?

• Total voters
I live in the US and I've never been fortunate enough to venture anywhere outside this country. I've been to multiple states in the Midwest and the South but that's it...

i've never been to america, i've never been out of europe. i'd love to visit america some day soon (my best friend moved over with her husband about 6 months ago) but i'd rather visit canada first

Never went to the US, no. Never really had the occasion to. And to be honest I've hated that country for the longest time because all teens of my generation idolized it and wanted to travel there. Now I'm more intelligent and my english level is better (while theirs is still as bad as in middle school, oops) and so I like this country! I like it because of the language mainly, the accent is very simple and relaxed and that's what I like. Now about going to the country, I don't know, I'll go later for sure but no while Trump is ruling. I don't want any problems. But I mean since I wanna be a voice actor I do hope I'll be coming to the US for work or for cons!

No, I've never been there. I haven't even been out of my own country, but would certainly like to do so sometime. I'd have to do some research about specific places to go though haha, I have to admit I don't really know a whole lot about America's geography!

Nope, never been. I've only been around a few parts of europe, but I would like to visit one day and visit many places there. I'd like to see what disneyland in florida is like since I went to disneyland paris.

Last edited:
Never been there before and probably will never get the chance to go there.

I am from Mexico, and I've been to the US 5 times:

In the first time I went on a road trip all the way from Guadalajara, my city, all the way to McAllen, Texas. I went there with my parents, uncles and aunts, grandparents and cousins. It was very fun for me, as it was the first time I ever left my country. After that, we went to San Antonio. I really loved to experience a colder winter weather than I'm used to (in my city, mornings are below freezing, but the same afternoons are like 20 C? (68 F?)) and see some leaveless trees. As I was probably 7yo I don't remember much, except for taking a walk around the river and spending new year's eve with my family, and going to the fair.

My second time in the US I went to Chicago, Illinois on airplane, on April. It was really fun, I visited the aquarium and other museums, the people were nice, the food was great and my overall experience was the best. We took a boat on the Michigan Lake, and we went to Navy Pier.

On third time in the US, I went to California and Nevada. We flew to Tijuana, and then we took a bus to LA, where we went to Hollywood, Disneyland and Universal Studios. We also visited a lot of other places as well. After that, we went to Las Vegas. I dont remember, but I guess this one was on April as well.

My fourth time was on Oregon. I took an airplane to Portland, but just me, alone. My uncle and my aunt picked me up there, where I went on a week-long summer camp, which I loved. The people were super nice, and I really loved the nature. We did lots of activities like hiking, fishing, swimming and canoeing. After that, my uncle took me on a tour around the OSU, and we went to Newport (where I actually swam in the sea (it was really cold tho) and Salem. It was really fun.

My fifth and last time in the US, was on July, two years ago. We went to Oregon as well, but this time with all my family. This time, we went to all those places I had mentioned, but also to Crater Lake, and some other parks, mountains, lakes, rivers and waterfalls, which I cannot recall. The only one I can recall are the Multnomah Falls.

Stayed in Manhattan for a week in 2016. It has been my dream since I was a child to visit, so I cried upon arrival. It was the best week of my entire life. The culture is so different and the locals were the friendliest people. Maybe I have rose-tinted glasses but I have always had a massive adoration for America (can't really put a reason behind it) and I want to visit as much of it as possible in my life time. Current politics and laws aside, I would emigrate there if it wasn't for leaving my family behind.

Back