• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tips on getting your villager's picture

Every villager has given me something, asked for a new catchphrase, sent me a letter, and I don't have a single photo :(

I have received a photo from villagers in "Thank you" letters, from either visiting their houses or them visiting me. I also got a photo from Canberra by taking a villager over to visit her.

It just all winds down to keep doing them favours and you'll get it. Last resort would be to make them move out and it will be in their goodbye letter, but only if you had been doing them favours and become their friend.

I finally got my first picture yesterday, from Pashmina. In the mail. Which was a surprise, because I don't think I've done anything special for her. And of course, after doing TWO petitions from other towns, Diana has yet to give me hers. Sigh...

This guide helped a lot, I got all my villager's pictures except for Lopez. Gaston even gave me four. That guy loves me. xD

Would they give you a picture if they are moving away? I didn't to much of this to Wolfgang, and I've been hearing that villagers give you their picture in the mail before moving away.

Would they give you a picture if they are moving away? I didn't to much of this to Wolfgang, and I've been hearing that villagers give you their picture in the mail before moving away.

If you look two posts above yours you'd see

I've only gotten two pic's so far, Lucha gave his after I took care of him while he was sick and Rod sent me his when he moved away.

Stitches sent me a letter without me sending him one first, and then he asked me to get him fruit, but didn't give me his picture! D:

a little indicator i've noticed - when you have a high/maxed friendship with a villager and they ping at you to try to sell you something and you say yes, they often say something to the extent of "oh no i could never charge such a good friend" and give you the item for free :)

I think it's harder to get pictures in this game...like I've been sending Bones 4 letters every day and doing favors for him but he hasn't pinged me yet. :(

Bless this thread.. I've done pretty much everything for a few of my villagers - with no picture yet. I haven't tried the save and continue before giving them the item.. That could be the game changer! Thank you :)

Does it matter what personality type they have? I spent by far most time with Fang and he has been around since the beginning. I try to give him stuff he likes as well, but he hasn`t given me the picture yet. However, Gabi just gave me the picture today and I almost spent no time with him, when compared to Fang. Do cranky (and snooty?) take longer to befriend enough to get a picture?

Really? Getting signatures from another town can get you a picture!? Ugh, stupid me, I've been denying my villagers requests for that all of the time, simply because I'm too lazy to go to another town! I'll be sure to accept next time.

Wow thank you so much for this. I'm at the second to the last tier with Drago =D

Hmm...according to your guide all of my villagers have been at tier 7 since August this year. I still haven't gotten any pics though no matter how many petitions and favours I do.

Back