• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

tips for catching some rarer bugs?

PugLovex

taylor swift enthusiast
Bells
Switch
3994-2737-3875
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
so i need 6 more bugs total to complete my museum & bug encyclopedia and they all can be caught during the summer.

i need a walker cicada, which shouldn’t be too tough, though i’ll have to wait for august for one of those

my issue lies with the 5 remaining bugs. i need a scarab beetle, giant stag, giraffe stag, horned hercules, and golden stag. the last 2 weren’t so hard to catch in new leaf, but they’re a pain in new horizons. i haven’t seen a single one spawn at all.

i’m using mystery islands and digging up flowers and cutting down a couple trees to prevent some bugs from spawning, and scaring off other bugs. i haven’t gotten any of them to spawn except for one giraffe stag, which i accidentally scared off 😭

to anyone who has caught these bugs, any tips on catching or getting them to spawn? i really don’t wanna have to wait till next summer again. thanks!!

Make sure you are utilizing the mystery islands properly.
  • Cut ALL trees and dig up ALL stumps.
  • BUT do not cut the palm trees. Leave it be.
  • Destroy all flowers. No need to dig them up. Just run over them repeatedly.
  • Optional, but it's best to try and get the bamboo island because there are no ponds/river. It prevents bugs from spawning on water.
  • Pick the best time, when you get the least insects to bother you
    • The scarab, giant stag, appears from 11pm - 8am.
    • The giraffe stag, horned hercules, and the golden stag appears from 5pm - 8am, and only spawn on palm trees.
    • I suggest between 11pm-4am if you want to do this on one go. Also no butterflies yet.
  • Once preparations are complete, just circle the island clockwise or counter-clockwise repeatedly until the bug you're looking for spawns.
  • If it's not the one you're after, scare it off. Don't waste your time catching bugs that you don't want.
  • Do NOT run. When you see the bug you're after, hold A while moving to walk very slowly.

those are seriously difficult to get! i believe with all of them that you have to literally catch 100 bugs on that day in order for them to spawn. i had issues with this as well, until i just ran around catching every bug on sight all day long. i tried the mystery island thing as well, with no luck there either.
grind the heck out of the bugs!!

Back