• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Island Travel seasons?

techno_charlie

Sequin Dancer
Bells
Switch
7279-2377-2791
Hi there!

So... umm... I made quite the oppsie. I was only a couple of bugs left to 100% my Critterpedia, and once September rolled in I did accomplish my task! BUT... once I donated the last bug, I realized that I had forgotten to donate two bugs from August (an Evening Cicada and a Horned Atlas). I reeeeeeally don't want to wait an entire year to catch and donate those two. But from my understanding... you can travel to islands via Nook Miles Tickets or via Kapp'n and get to an island with a different season. I have experienced this my self so I know it works.

But I just wonder how much luck you have to have to get to a summer island? Is just by chance or is there a method to get to one without spendning WAY too many Miles?

iirc, only kapp'n islands can give you out of season, and only if you've experienced the season with your character prior

also, idk exact odds, but they are rarer than most. no method beyond praying you get the right one, afaik

iirc, only kapp'n islands can give you out of season, and only if you've experienced the season with your character prior

also, idk exact odds, but they are rarer than most. no method beyond praying you get the right one, afaik
Aah alright. I'll go in everyday and pray for it to be summer season on the island with Kapp'n then. At least it's cheaper than to buy Nook Miles Tickets haha.

But thank you very much for the answer mate! :)

Aah alright. I'll go in everyday and pray for it to be summer season on the island with Kapp'n then. At least it's cheaper than to buy Nook Miles Tickets haha.

But thank you very much for the answer mate! :)

just remember to sail to at the right time. since iirc, the island tours lock you into the spawn times based on when you arrive there, no matter how long you stay on

This happened to me once and I think I posted here or asked in general if anyone had an island for the bugs' timeframe, or August for you. I was able to visit someone's island and catch bugs real quick and leave. Might be helpful that way to, if you have online.

You can only go on a kappn island once a day, so I guess you'll have to do that until you get lucky or until the normal time on your island comes for those missing bugs. Just make sure you go on tour at the correct hour the bugs spawn that your missing.
I would harvest iron for crafting while on tour to help with bells since you are losing miles and concerned about using a bunch of miles. That way you get something for using whatever amount of miles you will bug hunting.

🐞Best of luck to you!🪲

Back