• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Tip for catching bagworm

TifanyNL

Bells
You don't have to shake the trees to catch one. You just have to hit the tree with your net and if there is one in there, you catch it. I discovered this accidentally when I hit a tree and caught a spider. I tried for three nights to catch a bagworm this way and finally caught one last night.

Wanted to pass that along so you all didn't have to pick up a ton of fruit. :)

Oh wow, that's really good to know. I wasn't looking forward to getting stung by bees and having to pick up fruit. Thanks!

THANK YOU...I have been getting stung like crazy and for nothing! This will save me a lot of aggravation. I haven't been able to find one yet.

In order not to be stung by bees, once the hive drop i'll just do a " save and continue" the game.

Once you back the bees will be gone.

Hope this help.

Last edited:
I just open my inventory really quick, which pauses the game; even the bees. I take my time getting my net. Then I hit B to resume action and as soon as the swarm approaches I hit A and capture them. Most times I get the bee and the hive 5 out of 5 times! I've gotten pretty good at this. It was such a revelation to me to learn that opening your inventory pauses the game. :)

My friends all run away a-little before they open their inventory to catch bees.

I haven't tried to catch a bee,spider, or bag-worm yet myself though.

My friends all run away a-little before they open their inventory to catch bees.

I haven't tried to catch a bee,spider, or bag-worm yet myself though.

I sometimes do that, too! Yesterday I ran over one of my flowers and destroyed it. Ugh...it was one of my pink tulips. But at least I caught the bee and got 2,500 bells out of it. 3,000 with the hive. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Totally worked!

The swinging at the trees for the bagworm, or the inventory trick for catching the bee? Or both? Anyway, congrats! I was so happy when I got my first bagworm! It seems that my villagers like them. :)

Nah, they're not worth much. But the villagers like them and the museum likes them. And for me, 3,000 bells per incident isn't bad. Covers my normal shopping for the day. :)

Thank you so much for this! I had no idea how to get a bagworm without getting stung by bees and having to carry around so much fruit, and it didn't take me at least 5 minutes to catch one! :)

Back