• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Thoughts on Loulou Crossing rumors?

Ok I found the direct quote from Loulou about swimming:

"I also think her outfit looks a lot like a wetsuit. I know we haven't seen swimming in the game yet. But I may or may not have been told that if you were to debug your character into the water, they would swim. So, I'm hoping that swimming will be something that they're adding into the game even if it's for an update in the future."

(source)

As for the fruit furniture, you can see it was on my list of little details from PAX.

qvsFgcJ.png

If these are all true (which they seem to be at this point) I'm not too upset.
Pelly/phyllis could always be added in later and if not they're not the first NPCs to be cut from the game. Nintendo probably took any characters not popular with younger audiences and changed them so switching the pelicans out for some dodo birds doesn't seem too out there.

Eh, I don't know. Some of these were easily predictable and there were theories going around before the most recent direct. The only thing bumming me out is that we might have to start with an Uchi and a Jock, which are my least favorite personalities, and I was hoping for 12 villagers per town, but I'll survive.

I won?t put to much faith in others unless it come straight from Nintendo themselves.

they seem like they could be the real deal with their words, but i hope they're not because it would be nice if all npcs returned. rumors are fun to talk about but it'll stink if some of them actually end up being true.

they seem like they could be the real deal with their words, but i hope they're not because it would be nice if all npcs returned. rumors are fun to talk about but it'll stink if some of them actually end up being true.

exactly. they seem pretty accurate and could definitely be true but I'd be bummed if a few of them were. especially regarding Phyllis and Pelly since they were some of my faves. :( and regarding the villager limit (I had already made a new dreamie list that excitedly included 2 additional ones, thinking it'd at least be twelve, oops!)

Nothing about this seems really surprising, Nintendo already shown that they want to prevent spoilers through free updates and the rest is just stuff we haven't seen yet when we probably should have.

Well at first I thought the town color had something to do with the Nooklings weird question at the beginning, (asking what would you bring to a deserted island) but the amount of colors seems higher than the options they give, I also hope they don't just remove Pelly and Phyllis, those special characters are somewhat really important to the whole series, removing them on the most content filled game on the series doesn't make much sense to me, I just think Nintendo is trying to hide them from us to avoid spoilers.

I will be so sad if pelly and Phyllis aren't in the game!
I am okay with 10 villagers, but i am hoping for 12.
I will be upset if I cant swim. I was so happy to finally swim in new leaf i hope it is staying.

But I still love the game so I can't complain too much.

I want a red airplane and airport. Maybe we can change the color later on or the color is based on answering questions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pelly and Phyllis are gone, but I really hope that this isn't the case. Out of all the things we've learned about NH, the only tidbit that has disappointed me is that so many of the old NPCs are seemingly being replaced by new ones.

No swimming is a weird choice given that we'll be in an island and all.

I do like the new characters to an extent, however I'm not entirely sure how I feel about everyone being replaced

I do like the new characters to an extent, however I'm not entirely sure how I feel about everyone being replaced

Those were my thoughts on Daisy Mae, CJ, and Flick too. It?s a shame that so many old NPCs are being replaced; either directly with a new character or just by having their jobs cut/merged with those of other (also often new) NPCs. In a lot of cases I don?t really understand why. I?m guessing it has to do with appeal to target demographics, but it still seems a bit unnecessary.

There?s nothing wrong with some change?and Daisy Mae is cute as a button?but it?s somehow rubbing me the wrong way that there?s this implication the old characters aren?t good enough anymore. The ?cast? of AC (all the NPCs they?ve established over the years) really contribute a lot to building the world and heart of the game imo.

Ok I found the direct quote from Loulou about swimming:

"I also think her outfit looks a lot like a wetsuit. I know we haven't seen swimming in the game yet. But I may or may not have been told that if you were to debug your character into the water, they would swim. So, I'm hoping that swimming will be something that they're adding into the game even if it's for an update in the future."
(source)

As for the fruit furniture, you can see it was on my list of little details from PAX.

Thank you for finding all this, you?re the best!! I?ll update the OP.

potential spoiler warning.

(seemingly) confirmed rumors:

* resetti?s rescue helicopter costs book miles.

unconfirmed rumors:
* the max villager cap is 10.

|sf>First, I think you meant Nook miles, not book miles, especially since you typed it correctly on a different line.

Secondly, the only videos that I've watched from that Youtube person was her PAX videos, so I wish we had a more exact phrasing for the way she talked about this "cap" rumor.

I asked this, because I rewatched the AC direct last night to see Arlo's reactions to it. I noticed something that I hadn't noticed the first two times of viewing the direct. The town name in the map of the direct was NintenLand. That name is exactly ten characters (i.e. 10 symbols) long. In all previous AC games, town names have been capped at 8 characters long. Characters has a double meaning. Some people call the villagers "characters." Maybe someone from Nintendo told her that the town can have 10 characters (i.e. letters in the name) and she misunderstood it to mean max villagers.

Granted it could be a coincidence and/or both use a max of 10. We won't know until later.

|sf>First, I think you meant Nook miles, not book miles, especially since you typed it correctly on a different line.

Secondly, the only videos that I've watched from that Youtube person was her PAX videos, so I wish we had a more exact phrasing for the way she talked about this "cap" rumor.

I asked this, because I rewatched the AC direct last night to see Arlo's reactions to it. I noticed something that I hadn't noticed the first two times of viewing the direct. The town name in the map of the direct was NintenLand. That name is exactly ten characters (i.e. 10 symbols) long. In all previous AC games, town names have been capped at 8 characters long. Characters has a double meaning. Some people call the villagers "characters." Maybe someone from Nintendo told her that the town can have 10 characters (i.e. letters in the name) and she misunderstood it to mean max villagers.

Granted it could be a coincidence and/or both use a max of 10. We won't know until later.

That's actually a **really** good point.

Y'all sleepin' on orange

Back