• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on Joey?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Sometimes i think Ducks don't get so much attention (Molly and Ketchup being exception). So today let's talk about this guy!

Joey the Lazy Duck! I like his eyes and also… Is he wearing a diaper?
IMG_1391.jpeg

I think he’s a precious baby! There’s something about him that reminds me of a rubber duck, and the thick eyebrows combined with the dot eyes are oddly adorable. With his outfit, Joey clearly aligns with the theory that lazy villagers are actually children. He definitely doesn’t get as much love as the other ducks. (I would also say Scoot is a popular duck, thanks to Vinny Vinesauce.)

I like him. I think his face is cute and funny. I was actually considering him to be a forever villager on my island but in the end, I felt like he wouldn't be cut out for a murderous pirate town. I was gonna say he looks like he's wearing some type of loincloth. So, I looked it up and it's actually a sumo loincloth!

I have only had Molly and Ketchup in my game before but Joey is cute I like the ducks and I wouldn't mind getting more in the future :p

295292453_421178639976490_4896291133181032618_n.jpg

I saw Joey in a New Leaf dream town and I knew I wanted a Joey for my own town.He's been my favorite villager since then.I have fourteen ducks spread throughout my islands but Joey is the only one who gets to say "buttquack" as his catchphrase.

He is just too cute to handle. There's this undeniable charm about him that reminds me of a lovable rubber duck, and those dot eyes just add an extra layer of cuteness. Every time I see him, it's like having a little, living rubber duck brightening up my day.

he reminds me of someone i used to go to school with since they have the same name and i think their eyebrows look similar lol, but otherwise i think he’s really cute! i love his simplistic, vibrant design; though, him potentially wearing a diaper does throw me off a little, LOL. oh well, he’s still a cutie!

the duck villagers in general are so cute imo. definitely underrated. joey has always been one of my favourites, and i love bill, scoot, molly, miranda, pate, and ketchup as well!

Joey is a great villager. He is adorable and I loved having him on my island. I restarted the island I had him on and hope to one day have him again.

I’ve never had Joey as a villager, but I think he’s adorable! I agree that he looks like a rubber ducky lol

He's all right by me, though I'm not too interested in having him in one of my games.

I prefer when villagers have unique aspects to their design that set them apart from the rest of the roster. As such, Joey fits that criteria given his diaper, though as far as these unique aspects go I feel like his is the worst...because, come on, it's a diaper. The rest of his design is a mixed bag for me; I like his classic yellow duckling coloration, and the thick eyebrows and dot eyes work together fine, but honestly I prefer villagers who have actual eyes with sclera and whatnot.

He's a middle of the road villager as far as my preferences go, and he's on the lower end of that middle pack. But even then, that's not too bad, he's still middle of the road, meaning I'd take him over some other villagers. I tend to plan out my villagers to fit the town or island concept I come up with and I don't really see myself ever picking Joey over a bunch of other options. However, if I were ever to hypothetically just go fully random in the future and the game sent him my way, then I wouldn't complain all that much. You can do worse than Joey.

I loved Joey up until this thread when I became cursed with the knowledge he has a diaper/loin cloth/questionable taste in bottom clothing LMAO. I can't believe I never noticed it before, because he was in my OG AC town on GameCube and I adored him.

I still like him, but this does diminish my affection a bit, lol.

I've never had Joey on my island, but he looks so cute. I do have a soft spot for lazy villagers, too. I guess if I see him on my next villager recruitment, island hopping trip, I might have to invite him!

Benjamin is our island's current lazy villager, and I plan to keep him. He could probably use a lazy buddy, lol.

Joey's quite cute! He looks like a little baby duck. His giant eyebrows stand out to me lol. I think the only duck villager I've had on my island is Quillson (he was my original campsite villager). I probably wouldn't invite Joey to live on my island, but there are some cute ducks I'd consider! I'd love to see another normal duck, or a sisterly duck would be nice! Or a cranky duck would be cute, too!

Joey is super cute specially in his diaper, makes him very unique

i really wish you didn't say the diaper thing 'cause now that's all i see sdfsdf help

other than that he is pretty cute though, that wizard outfit is so cute 🥺

Back