• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Those with orchards what fence did you use?

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
Tasty Cake
Thinking for making an orchard near the Resident Services building. I'm thinking of either using a brick or lattice fence.

What fence do you use for your orchard?

I have an orchard but rather than putting a fence, I terraformed an elevation just for it. I've had it for weeks, but now I don't like it. I'm planning on the lattice fence because it has a much more natural feel to it.

My orchard (tiny one - only 3 of each tree) is on the narrow spit of land between the western beach and river. It sits below the residential neighborhood I created. Because it's a narrower area, I haven't bothered to use a fence. The beach and the river make natural borders, and there's a bridge below the last row of trees, so I don't want to impede that.

In the tree, part of the tree. Edit: I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread whoops lmao, oh well at least it's somewhat relevant.
To answer your question though, I did the same thing as capablanca and have the cliffs as the border and it's pretty out of the way from everything else in my town.
tree.jpg

Last edited:
I put mine on the corner of the map in an elevated area and just let the edge of the cliff be the border to it

I didn't fence mine in but it's a major WIP at the moment.
I separated the rows of trees with dirt paths to kind of segregate everything and also put some cute signs up in front of the trees.
It'll probably take me a few days to get it how I want exactly though.

I used a ton of cedar trees instead of a fence! It looks real nice and more natural.

I used a stone fence around my orchard which was at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. I was going for an abandoned orchard/secret garden kind of feel for it

I didn't go with a fence because my orchard is in kind of a tight spot between my house, my residential area, and my museum area, so instead I just have a row of dirt path around it and in between the trees as well.

I'm currently working out an orchard, but haven't placed any sort of fencing yet. Might go simple and use barbed wire...or just stone.

I didn't fence mine in actually. My orchard is sitting on dark dirt path at the back of my island against the rocks. On the left and bottom side it is lined by a stone path. On the right side there is a lattice fence that marks the beginning of my sandy beach party area that connects to my 'secret' beach.

ForbiddenSecrets' post kinda reminded me...it's probably worth noting that I do have lots and lots of flowers, and dirt paths, and stone paths around my orchard. So, it does have a border. I might still fence it anyway, though. Hahaha.

I'm currently using the rope fence. The orchard is on the top of a hill, so I feel like I need some type og "protection" from falling down haha. The rope is temporary tho, waiting until I get the lattice fence (it's SO pretty).

I use dirt paths, then for the back is the normal wood fencing and the front if country fencing. I think it gives it a nice depth, rather than a long line of the same fencing.

Back