• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This forum will be obsolete after May... ):

But what TIME will the services discontinue? midnight?

By then a new console, and most likely a new animal crossing will have been released. Most likely 2. One should even be portable.

Yes, but what about the previous console? What about that? Should we just hop to the newest console and forget the previous one ever existed simply because of the fact it's outdated? That's not the way it should be, love.

Last edited:
Yes, but what about the previous console? What about that? Should we just hop to the newest console and forget the previous one ever existed simply because of the fact it's outdated? That's not the way it should be, love.

And you honestly need to stop expecting Nintendo to continue running these servers at a complete loss of money just because some people can't upgrade.

It's like people being mad at Microsoft for this: http://www.modern.ie/ie6countdown

It's time to move on from out-dated products.

The world isn't going to end with the WiFi shutting down.

3DS will become obsolete soon.

By then we'll all have 5DS's idk.

New things = better things.

I never used the wifi for the DS. I guess they want to advance, so then they can focus on the 3DS and Wii U. It gets them more money too, for example, if people use the wifi on their 3ds or wii, and it gets shut off, they'll have to buy a 3ds or a wii u to continue playing games online. At least, I think that could be one of many reasons.

You cannot pine for the past. The wii had a long run and now it is time for Nintendo to focus on their newer consoles. This argument here is very closed minded to modern technology. Eventually, yes the 3DS and wii u will be replaced with newer products that most other people will have, you can't expect them to keep internet on the 3ds forever if it is generations behind their new handheld system. For people who bought the city folk and wild world, there are two choices. One is to somehow give away or sell the game OR play without wifi. It is not fair for people to say Nintendo does not care because they aren't catering to a very small margin of users.

Last edited:
At which point, there will be new things to take their place.

What's your point?

Don't you get it? People, especially players of Animal Crossing, put a lot of hard work into what they do, and can you imagine how it'll be like for them to have to move on from all of that? With the Wii U and 3DS, you've got a lot more features, rendering the current situation less dramatic than it'll be in a few years time.

If Nintendo charged us to play online, like Microsoft, the Wi-Fi would probably stay on longer, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to pay 30 dollars a month just to visit their friend's town or have a couple more Mario Kart races, right?? It's been 6+ years, they kind of have to move on by now. You've had SIX YEARS of fun with the Wi-Fi. Isn't six years enough? They can't keep paying for the Wi-Fi to continue.

Don't you get it? People, especially players of Animal Crossing, put a lot of hard work into what they do, and can you imagine how it'll be like for them to have to move on from all of that? With the Wii U and 3DS, you've got a lot more features, rendering the current situation less dramatic than it'll be in a few years time.

I never used the online in City Folk. In fact, I had no online during that time.

nooooooooooooooooooooo this is bad news. this effects ALL wii wifi, so in May there won't be any more Mario Kart Wii worldwide play or whatever they call it! nooooooooo!

Back