• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This forum will be obsolete after May... ):

Really? REALLY?! I JUST set up my Wii so I could play City Folk! REALLY NINTENDO NICE TIMING.

Remember that they cant afford to put money into the wii which is hardly played.

...is what i would say if nintendo cared more about the wii us launch.
Keep it up for longer, At least until Wii u sales pick up.

Well that's so sad. I wasn't a big fan of city folk and only played WW local wi-fi, but for those that do it's a real shame.

Is Wii-U getting AC, that would help pick up sales?

Trust me, they won't do anything. They don't care about us.

I do believe that they do care about their fanbase, but I doubt even a petition will stop this. It doesn't really matter to me because all of my wii games that had online are damaged and I barely play my wii anyway.

I do believe that they do care about their fanbase, but I doubt even a petition will stop this. It doesn't really matter to me because all of my wii games that had online are damaged and I barely play my wii anyway.

If they cared, they'd be paying attention to how we feel about what they're doing, rather than making assumptions we won't mind and simply move along like sheep to the newer consoles.

Last edited:
If they cared, they'd be paying attention to how we feel about what they're doing, rather than making assumptions we won't mind and simply move along like sheep to the newer consoles.

I'm not trying to escalate an argument, but just because someone makes a choice to not go by what they fans want or ask for does not mean that they don't care. With that logic, because your parents don't always gives you what you want, they don't care about you.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to escalate an argument, but just because someone makes a choice to not go by what they fans want or ask for does not mean that they don't care. With that logic, because your parents don't always gives you what you want, they don't care about you.

Well, I myself think that there's a big difference between pleading to your parents for something, and requesting the ability to continue enjoying a game you paid for on a console you paid for with other people.

They are closing the wifi because few use the wifi. It isnt worth keeping the wifi up. Closing it is a smart desicion.

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned City Folk was never worth anything to begin with.

The only thing that bothers me is that Pokemon Black 2/White 2 were released so recently, and now they're going to completely shut off their online services (including access to the Pokemon Bank, am I right?)... What is Nintendo thinking?

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned City Folk was never worth anything to begin with.

The only thing that bothers me is that Pokemon Black 2/White 2 were released so recently, and now they're going to completely shut off their online services (including access to the Pokemon Bank, am I right?)... What is Nintendo thinking?

Actually, Pokemon Bank would still work.

Well, to be honest. I see this as karma towards those saying that Nintendo's online is terrible. Now that Nintendo is shutting it down, people are starting to open their eyes and realize how important their online is to them regardless of it's flaws. Some people won't appreciate things until they are gone completely.

On average, a gaming server would cost around 25.000 USD just to run.
So I do see why Nintendo have reasons to do this for any older games that use wireless communication.

Last edited:
With Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2?

I'm not actually sure how it works.

Yeah, it'll still work. I forget exactly how, but it only the new games work over wifi, while gen 5 just has the game data edited.

What we have to worry about is what will happen when the 3ds becomes obsolete...

Last edited:
Only game I owned that I ever used Wi-Fi for on my DS and Wii was Platinum, for trading and looking at people's battle videos. I can live without it. I can catch my own Pokemon.

Never had a Wii game that I relied on Wi-Fi to have fun for. Yes, even Smash Bros. I played with CPU, my sister or just the single player mode.

I only see this as a problem for City Folk. Or, for the people who play City Folk and visit other people's towns.

Back