• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things you miss from old games

I want to lowkey say everything, but if I was to just pick one thing it would be the villager's dialogue and personalities. I don't even bother talking to them anymore. I talked to them all the time in all the other games. They felt like real people living in my town and now they don't. I know everyone says NH is a step in the right direction for villagers, but I don't think so. I could talk to my villagers each day (and sure sometimes the dialogue was repetitive) but it's all the time now.

Getting their picture in NL was fun, I don't even bother doing it in this game. People are just doing it for completionist sake and that's it.

I miss the savage and long dialogues mostly. I would do anything for it be back.

Villagers used to keep and show off letters you or others wrote to them. It was funny and surprising to see which ones they'd keep. Sending you farewell letters, too. Wish they'd have taken that a step further and still write to you after they left.

Definitely villager dialogue. I feel like mine say the same things everyday, the difference is so jarring when I go from my NL town to my NH island, I know the dialogue in NL was toned down from prior games, but my villagers still say different things everyday!

I miss the variation of villager requests too.

I haven't played the old games, but from what I've seen of the old furniture sets, I'd love for them to bring back the Regal or Rococo series ;w;

Being able to completely change up the look of certain buildings in New Leaf I liked this feature and want it in New Horizons. I liked seeing the train go past and you having to wait as it passes to cross the road. I thought that was a cute little feature and would want something similar to happen in new horizons.

Being able to completely change up the look of certain buildings in New Leaf I liked this feature and want it in New Horizons. I liked seeing the train go past and you having to wait as it passes to cross the road. I thought that was a cute little feature and would want something similar to happen in new horizons.
omg that is literally what I was coming here to post.

While I was playing a little earlier, a train went by in the distance and I didn't think anything of it at first. Then I realized that it was in real life and not the game. So yeah, I also kinda miss those trains and their ambient noises.

More villager interactions in general but something I thought about lately was the time capsules! I don't know why but I found the kinds of letters that the villagers wrote to themselves to be totally hilarious.

omg that is literally what I was coming here to post.

While I was playing a little earlier, a train went by in the distance and I didn't think anything of it at first. Then I realized that it was in real life and not the game. So yeah, I also kinda miss those trains and their ambient noises.
I really think it was a cute feature and would like to see something like this in new horizons like maybe seeing random planes fly over the island and being able to hear the plane sound and see a shadow be cast over is island as it flys past

The plaza in new horizons takes up way to much space and I wish we could add furniture to it or make it look nicer haha or be able to customise the tiles and so on
yep. I loved the big tree in NL. and the teeny lil RS shoved in the corner. Made the town feel more inhabited and it was just a better system. The fireworks show was dumb because you c o u l n ' t s e e t h e f i r e w o r k s p a s t t h e b u i l d i n g lol

I miss dead trees the most and creepy skeletons. The baby stroller.
I miss Cornimer.
I miss saving the game by sleeping in the bed.
I miss resetti screaming at me.
I miss getting badges.
I miss Phyllis.
I miss gyroids!!! So much.
I miss designing my own museum rooms.
I miss Redd giving us secret password.
I miss the shrink shuffle.

yep. I loved the big tree in NL. and the teeny lil RS shoved in the corner. Made the town feel more inhabited and it was just a better system. The fireworks show was dumb because you c o u l n ' t s e e t h e f i r e w o r k s p a s t t h e b u i l d i n g lol
Omg yes the tree I almost forgot I really liked that feature and how it would grow on your progress on playing the game.

and how you could sit on the bricks and see your stats/details
Post automatically merged:

Also there better be a good Halloween update this year as it’s my favourite holiday it better not disappoint haha

I would say sitting with the villagers and the clothes along with some furniture items like the cute wagon your villagers would sit on

Perfect fruit, gracie, more or less all furniture & clothing not included, brewster/katrinas place etc.

Back