• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Things you miss from old games

Watchingthetreetops

*~Rude intolerance here~*
Bells
I was doing some construction around my town and got to thinking about New Leaf, (which is still near and dear to my heart). I found myself missing the parties that would happen in the dj club. It may sound silly but I really enjoyed them. Also, I know it may be added in later, but I miss the cafe!

Do you miss anything like this from other games?

I miss perfect fruit. They were perfect gifts for villagers. When you shook perfect fruit trees enough times the leaves fall off and you get dead trees perfect for Halloween/haunted towns. It really was perfect

Btw you might want to redirect this topic to general NH discussion.

Miss the coffee shop and all the cute mini games the villagers would ask to play - like hide and seek. In New Horizons, the only games villagers play is find the treasure they buried. :’(

I miss perfect fruit. They were perfect gifts for villagers. When you shook perfect fruit trees enough times the leaves fall off and you get dead trees perfect for Halloween/haunted towns. It really was perfect

Btw you might want to redirect this topic to general NH discussion.
yeah I posted this in the wrong place, how do I redirect this?
Post automatically merged:

Miss the coffee shop and all the cute mini games the villagers would ask to play - like hide and seek. In New Horizons, the only games villagers play is find the treasure they buried. :’(
I miss this too! the games in this game are few and far in between and leave room for want

yeah I posted this in the wrong place, how do I redirect this?
Post automatically merged:

I miss this too! the games in this game are few and far in between and leave room for want
You can report your original post using the "Report" button at the bottom of your post and ask to have it moved to the ACNH discussion or General AC discussion forum.

I miss how mean they were. I just see gameplay on youtube (I lost old game) and I laugh everytime I see Sue E or any other character

i miss villagers visiting my house, perfect fruit, the soooo many furnitures and little items like pancakes and stuff...i really hope everything will be added..

I do miss mean and nasty villagers.
Kickable balls
And those long flat shrubs from the GC game.
Just wish they bring back some features from the original game besides glowing spots.
Would’ve bee a nice call back if you unlocked a statue of your character after paying off your loan.

I kind of miss the fish size records.... was fun to catch a fish and get a record even if you caught 100 of them before.
The tree stump patterns and mushrooms were a nice touch.
Mail storage.
Ceiling furniture items (chandeliers) from HHD.

The only thing I really miss though are the furniture items (especially the food items and Pocket Camp villager interactive items)... the things above I can live without, but those little details were fun.

I don't think I could go back to New Leaf though... first because of the graphics, and secondly not being able to move/break rocks (one is right in the middle of my main entrance path), or move villagers without a lot hassle, or having villagers move out on their own would be too devastating. I'm actually afraid to start my game again for fear of one of my favorites being gone.

I really miss when villagers would visit your home, or you could visit them. Also I really miss the tag sale I think it was on Saturdays from CF. I also miss the constellations, growing red turnips. I really miss Brewster. I'm pretty sure he'll be back in this game but still. It feels really weird with him not being in this game. I'd love to see wishy the star send me a letter and a gift after wishing on stars. The old furniture not in the game yet and of course Gracie.

I miss the gyroids and Brewster but I'm hopeful that they'll return in a future update. I also miss Kapp'n and his adorable family and the random minigames villagers challenged you to (like hide and seek).

I never got to experience constellations but I wish they'd bring them back.

i miss being able to invite villagers to hang out at my house/being invited to theirs. i definitely took this feature for granted but now i’d love for it to come back.

i’d also love to be able to play hide-and-seek with them again as it was genuinely so fun. the treasure hunt isn’t bad but it lowkey stresses me out lmao and so i always find myself denying that request to play ;u;

Gyroids are the main one for me. They were so fun to decorate with in the older games. Really hoping they return some day. I also miss the gyroid outside your house in Gamecube, although I doubt those will ever come back. Always thought it was cute how they would get excited as you walked towards them.

I haven't seen the Marquee mentioned yet. There was a certain charm to listening to Dr. Shrunk's jokes, then talking to the villagers who always hated them.

I miss the "Playground Public Works" (ACNL)
I really love them and I never had any of them 😭
But thanks for the tire toy and playground gym Nintendo (ACNH)
I am happy to have them both >w<

I know it has been said many times, but I do miss old villager dialogue. Even though I very much appreciate New Horizons' dialogue and find it way better compared to New Leaf's, conversations used to be more interesting in past games.
What I miss the most, though, is the variety of furniture sets. With my island's theme being royal-ish, I was hit by the lack of fancy sets such as the rococo set or the royal set. I also miss Gracie! Not only because of the furniture and clothes she sells but because I love her character.
That said, I am confident most of this will be implemented in the game through future updates. Even if it doesn't happen, I'm sure there will be other features that we will love (maybe even more than past features, who knows?).

Definitely gyroids... they were whimsical and pointless in the best way possible. Lullaboids were my absolute favorite, as my username implies. They added such a nice atmosphere to my main room in New Leaf.

Back