Things You Miss from Gamecube..

The NES games ^^

As a kid that never got the opportunity to play the NES I LOVED that feature. Balloon Fight was my favorite :D

I really hated the snooty characters in the first game. I'll never forgive Mallary. She was the only one I ever beat with a net. I really miss the music, though. It was always refreshing. I also miss being able to ask if the villagers needed any help, and the little golden aura that gave you 1,000 Bells per day. That game itself was great. I'd like for the next game to return some of those original roots.

All of that, plus I miss the larger multi-tiered towns (would have been perfect for NL and PWPs) and how villagers were more interactive. They would bury things then give a hint where it was on the bulletin board, for example.

The top-down perspective.
No grass wear.
Trees could grow closer together.
The holidays.
The music.
The pier and lily pads on the lake.
The island cabin.
A more relaxed and slow-paced mood overall compared with the newer installments.
And most importantly...
The dialog! Animal Crossing for GCN had such sharp writing that hasn't been matched in an AC game since. The villagers were not as nice and forgiving as they are now. It was a lot easier to make them depressed or angry... and a LOT of the time they would straight up insult the player. That made the game funny!

Last edited:
I miss villagers on the home screen ahh
go away Isabelle
Like each time on gamecube a different villager introduced your town

All of that, plus I miss the larger multi-tiered towns (would have been perfect for NL and PWPs) and how villagers were more interactive. They would bury things then give a hint where it was on the bulletin board, for example.

OMG I FORGOT THAT.
* music
* the balls
* the dump
* the snooty and cranky being snooty and cranky
* the space
* the MORNING JOGGING ROUTINE IN SUMMER
* the awesome sports days

Am I the only one that misses the diaries?

When I was a kid I used those all the time to keep track of everything that was going on and I wrote about what I did that in day (other than daily activities).

The statues you'd get in the order you completed your house payment.
The Mario and Luigi trophy furniture.
Morning aerobics.
Gyroid face strangely enough.

The Hu-Hu of triumph when you found a fossil!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oohhh and the model of the trees, I was working on the entire model set. and the trees were a must for me. Esp. the cherry blossom tree.

The Hu-Hu of triumph when you found a fossil!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oohhh and the model of the trees, I was working on the entire model set. and the trees were a must for me. Esp. the cherry blossom tree.

HNG YES. I was hoping there would be models in NL to go with my dinosaurs =c

I miss the models too. I remember in one of my towns my character was making the whole town map in the basement with models (too bad the memory card had to be formatted ^^; ). I also really miss the activities at the wishing well, diaries (wouldn't it be cool if they had diaries in NL?), the raffle at the end of every month, villager personalities, the island, washing Gracie's car, NES games, music, Blanca, fans, and the dump.

Last edited:
I really really really....REALLLLLLLY miss the music, especially 1 PM

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUahsj3PQ8 SO CUUUUUTE). The music was just very cartoonish and upbeat and cute, while New Leaf is very relaxing and mature. I feel like the old music gave the game great atmosphere while running around.

I miss Wisp, even though when I was little he actually kind of scared me and I used to be afraid being up at 12 am XD But I did like finding his spirits for him and receiving gifts.

and a LOT of the time they would straight up insult the player. That made the game funny!
LOL I remember some cranky characters telling me to leave them alone, and that I was annoying HAHAH. I so miss that, especially when I was a kid and I wanted to be annoying! Now that my role in New Leaf is mayor, I feel like I have to be nice to everyone! XD
I agree though, the distinct personalities were much more apparent. I remember Bunnie was still such a brat no matter how many times I tried being her friend, and I loved it! I also remember Wolfgang was always cranky too...as opposed to cranky neighbors in New Leaf who eventually warm up to you and become nice.

I miss asking your neighbors for errands also :( That was the best part when interacting with your neighbors I think...

I miss being able to go inside your neighbor's home without them having to be there.

And last...I REALLY miss the dump lot to throw away items you dont want....that's only the one thing I really dislike about New Leaf...you gotta PAY to throw away stuff you don't want >_>

Last edited:
And last...I REALLY miss the dump lot to throw away items you dont want....that's only the one thing I really dislike about New Leaf...you gotta PAY to throw away stuff you don't want >_>
You can get rid of your trash for free if you have a trash bin in your house, or build the trash bin Public Works Project.

All of the above. Also having items buried and then the acre is given where it is. I still have the game so I might play it later.

I miss having a code system so that you and your friends could still trade, even without wifi. That's a definite advantage over the later ones.

Back