Things you didn't know about forever?

I wasn't aware that you could sit on rocks after the Amiibo update was released and it took me by surprise when my mayor accidentally sat on one as I was moving her around. Thought it was a glitch.

Ok I learned just now that when you're choosing where to place your house as a new character you can place it where a pwp is!
Tom Nook says something like: "we'll need to tear down a public works project, but if that's okay with you we can get started." and he'll tear down the pwp and put your house plot there. :eek:

Mines kind of stupid. It took me over a year to discover that you could refurbish with a shirt or dress. It's stupid, because there's a clothing option given, but for some reason I thought it had to be clothing that you designed yourself. Boy did I have fun refurbishing with a bunch of different shirts, after my silly brain figured it out.

Thanks! Cause I also jusy learn this from you! I same thought that there is no way to refurbish clothes LOL

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is something I must share! Ain't new but people who doesn't know it very useful!

I learned the that villagers will never plot their house and ruin any of your pattern ever since the update and yes is true! I created a new character(as someone teach) then go ahead and place pattern randomly at every spot so there won't be huge empty area then I only left 3x3 spot that I want Poppy to move in. DONE IN ONE SHOT! She moved in to the exact spot I want her to be! Both happy and excited feeling! Is very useful tip and I wish everyone know about this cause resetting plot is really....

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wasn't aware that you could sit on rocks after the Amiibo update was released and it took me by surprise when my mayor accidentally sat on one as I was moving her around. Thought it was a glitch.

Huh? I thought we always can? I didn't even notice it couldn't before lolol

For the longest time, I didn't know that the paper in the island shop was a club tortimer application. I thought it was some kind of special stationary or something. I didn't realize it until I finally googled how to go to CT lol, which I feel dumb for looking back.

I didn't know for about 2 years since I got the game back in 2013, that you can have 31 pwps, as long as you don't demolish the bridge that you got from the start.

Um....when you walk down a beach ramp, campsite, or dock you can trample flowers...

I learnt that the hard way and destroyed a hybrid flower ;_;

I also didn;t know about the void, which you could get a villager from someone who came to your town. I only realised that when I came back here and began trading with people. Thanks XD hah

Just discovered about 2 seconds ago that you can carry dandelions!

21105562_340929583015986_2953994962496786741_n.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know that you could drag items in your inventory into the middle circle to drop them.. it drops stuff a lot quicker too. ;_;
I only found out last night by accident LOL

Lol for the longest time I thought you couldn't get rid of stumps so I just never messed with my trees, ever...

i didn't even know i could talk to villagers until i was well into the game (about 300 hours.) i thought they were just there for no reason! i really feel stupid now haha :)

Wait, how? I thought the game required you to talk to all the villagers? At least in the earlier games it did.

Since you can shake trees holding a bug net now, bees are super easy to catch. Just position your villager at 7 o'clock (imagine a clock face around the tree & stand where 7 is), as soon as the shocked reaction finishes press A and tah-dah , you caught yourself a bee!

Last edited:
I just found out that sometimes,rather than ask you to take an item to someone the villager will ask you to bring someone to them. I had Spork ask me to bring Gruff to his house(Spork was home at the time). I've never seen this before.

Omg I didn't know that you can plant money trees! I thought it's only for hackers.

Last edited:
Ive just recently found out that you can skip Kapp'ns songs by pressing B a couple times, It always takes a while and I'm impatient so when I found out, I was so happy. Also Ive been playing acnl for 3 years and I found out 5 months ago that you can stack fruit, i feel like an idiot for not knowing these

That this game and having zero patience and a non existant attention span doesn't mix.

Last edited:
I didn't know the default grass was triangular and that the triangular one was the only one that turned star shaped with snow :(

Back