• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things u learned playing acnl?

blossoming

Bells
When I first played the game I was shocked that no villagers would donate money to the pwps. Also didnt know how ppl got so much money I thought 10k bells was a lot

I learned that it's a lot better to be an honest villain than a liked pushover. lol

Last edited:
When I first played the game I was shocked that no villagers would donate money to the pwps. Also didnt know how ppl got so much money I thought 10k bells was a lot

I think they do donate, but tiny bits at a time and potentially under certain circumstances? I'm not 100% sure though

i learned a lot of names for the different fish and bugs that show up in-game!

I learned that it's important to consider permanent decisions from all angles, not just based on the emotion in the moment... yes I'm talking about the police station I can't change :mad:

i learned hundreds of not otherwise useful facts about animal crossing and how the game works. something useful for real life i learned is that if your favorite neighbor moves, all you have to do is make 16 others move out and then they can move back in again.

Last edited:
When I reset my town for the Welcome Amiibo, Tom Nook went on screen and town me you could SELL the town. Apparently it was a new feature I didn't know about. It helped ease me through the early game, since I had 10 million bells stashed. You can also keep your catalog!

Just today I realized that there are different grass types. The little details in grass? They can either by a circle, square, or a triangle. I was blown away when I heard this!

Animal Crossing is great like that. You could have 1000 hours logged in and still have no idea about all the features.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I reset my town for the Welcome Amiibo, Tom Nook went on screen and town me you could SELL the town. Apparently it was a new feature I didn't know about. It helped ease me through the early game, since I had 10 million bells stashed. You can also keep your catalog!

Just today I realized that there are different grass types. The little details in grass? They can either by a circle, square, or a triangle. I was blown away when I heard this!

Animal Crossing is great like that. You could have 1000 hours logged in and still have no idea about all the features.

I learned to be really careful about the map you choose at first, since you can?t move rocks, town hall, your house, or basically anything in the town after you choose it the first time! I was very careful after my first few times of choosing maps but I was careless about what I chose at first and ended up disliking a lot of stuff on my map

New Leaf was the first Animal crossing game that I played so when I first started playing, the first thing I learned (after going online and seeing different faces) was that you can get different faces as I didn't know that depending on how you answered rovers questions was what face you got. Second thing I learned was that you can reset to get more maps to choose from.

I learned how to get bells via the turnip system. I love it and I can't wait to get back into it in New Horizons!

I learned that I haded the "smug" personality, no matter what it looked like (Jaques and Zell especially).

I also learned a lot of names for bugs and fish that I still remember to this day!

that the tedious process of trial and error is worth it when it comes to landscaping.
patience is also such a big deal

Finally, somebody who thinks the same. I hate the stigma surrounding weeds. Not only is it in the real world, it's in New Leaf! Weeds are plants as well -- plants that can be included in garden design.

Answering the topic, I learned that watering a bunch of plants every day is a tedious task and if I want to have a beautiful real-life garden of the size I'm thinking of, it's probably best to hire somebody to help tend to it, so I can free up time for other activities and still have a beautiful garden.

Last edited:
Back