Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Togepi Easter Egg
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
I got the message on my wii last night (a bit late it seems!) about Nintendo killing off some of their channels and WiiConnect24.

I did some searching to find out more about this bit -
Data exchange with Wii Friends*
* Exchange of Wii messages on the Wii Message Board, exchange of Mii characters on the Mii Channel and message/data exchange within some games will be disabled.

And on the page for AC:LGTTC it says -
A portion of the online services offered through the Wii console were discontinued on 28th June 2013. From this date, certain online software functionality that utilises WiiConnect24 ? for instance, message/data exchange ? will no longer be available for this title.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it, I'm sure it's simpler than I'm thinking, but I could do with some help anyway please.

It means we can't send letters to our friends any more from the post office?

Does it also mean we wont get our friends old villagers?

But it doesn't mean we can't visit each other does it? As that's just over wifi, not the connect24?

You can still visit your friends. You won't get their neighbors or be able to send them letters. You probably wil lstill be able to send letters in their own town though.

You also can no longer receive DLC, but that sort of ended at the end of 2012.

Villagers can still move to/from friends' towns. Becky just moved from my friend's town to my town last Tuesday. It does seem to occur less often without WiiConnect24 though, as this was the first time it's happened to me since I moved my town from my Wii to my Wii U. (Wii U never supported WiiConnect24, so I've been playing without WC24 features since November).

Darn it! I was hoping to be rid of reject villagers haha. Still, less often is good though.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it's kind of a pain that Nintendo killed off WiiConnect24. I suppose it evens out the playing field with Wii and WiiU users, but it seems to have killed off a lot of functionality as a result.

Well. it could be a different story too, there are possibilities of happening something opposite from what people predict.

Last edited:
Back