• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like potato chips!

To me, the only redeeming thing about them is that they are a safe snack to bring for parties, since people tend to like them. But I just don't really care for the taste of them myself.

Why do they need to be so salty?

Despicable Me/The minion movies are actually really great and fun to watch. It's sad that the hype has ruined them. I love them but whenever I see minion stuff I cringe on the inside. Which is every day because one of my neighbours has like a million minion things inside and on their car

I think gender reveal parties are stupid and are just a lame excuse to have a party.
I think baby showers are stupid too. You're having a baby like... what's the point? So all your friends and family can buy you baby stuff so you don't have to?

Edit: Imo, it's a way to make said friends and family feel guilty about having to buy you things.

I think baby showers are stupid too. You're having a baby like... what's the point? So all your friends and family can buy you baby stuff so you don't have to?

Edit: Imo, it's a way to make said friends and family feel guilty about having to buy you things.
Push presents are also really lame.

I have so many gripes about the phrase "the customer is always right." I can see the good that whoever coined the phrase had intended with respect to providing a positive customer experience. I don't know what happened over time, but some bad apples have just used this mentality as a reason for feeling entitled.

I have so many gripes about the phrase "the customer is always right." I can see the good that whoever coined the phrase had intended with respect to providing a positive customer experience. I don't know what happened over time, but some bad apples have just used this mentality as a reason for feeling entitled.
As someone who have worked in a second hand store and I had to deal with that too much... Like why is it so hard to respect the store's rules?

As someone who have worked in a second hand store and I had to deal with that too much... Like why is it so hard to respect the store's rules?
My sister worked at Giant Tiger and the manager there would allow customers the break the rules, thus making the problem worse. You weren't allowed to take back underwear (which is obvious as to why) but this lady made a complete fool of herself, screaming and carrying on that the manager gave in. Way to let the customer know that they can get their way if they throw a hissyfit.

My sister worked at Giant Tiger and the manager there would allow customers the break the rules, thus making the problem worse. You weren't allowed to take back underwear (which is obvious as to why) but this lady made a complete fool of herself, screaming and carrying on that the manager gave in. Way to let the customer know that they can get their way if they throw a hissyfit.
Yeah, we had people throw minor fits as well and it's like, it says here you can't do this and that and they always went on whining to the manager who sometimes let them slip like...no.

Enablers of this type of behaviour definitely don't help. Gotta love it when grown adults act more like children than actual children do. What a world we live in.

I think baby showers are fine if it's your first baby but nowadays people have them each time they're pregnant. It's like, you have 5 kids already. You don't need people to buy you anymore stuff. You already have it all.

Well I agree with the OP that January and February are the best months, that is summer over here and I get a little bit of time off from work around that time so it's pretty good times. I also live right near several beaches so I love it.

Other unpopular opinions:
-I prefer the British office over the American version (I am not British or American so it's not to do with bias, more just my taste in humour)
-Mac n cheese is revolting
-I don't like small dogs, bigger breeds ftw

- Spring and Fall/Autumn are the worst seasons where I live. I don't care about pretty colours it's basically cold as **** seasons, you don't know what to wear, sun is out but not warming you up..you only get cold sweats and think you're sick which is really awesome due to covid-19 too.
- Chili/pepper etc. are worst crisps flavours
- I don't like plain potato crisps unless I have a dip sauce with them
- Mario Kart 64 is best Mario kart. Wii is a close second.

breakfast foods for breakfast are the worst. I'm talkin about when I go to the dining hall at 9am to get something to eat and all they have are scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, pancakes, etc. it's not that I hate those foods, I just really don't like to eat them for breakfast.

I like to eat stuff that one might eat for dinner, for breakfast. for instance, right now I would love to be able to go get some pasta and marinara sauce but I know that if I don't wait til at least 11am they'll only have those stupid breakfast foods.

tl;dr breakfast foods should be banned

I don't think we should really get into the habbit of making memes out of people's names. Like the whole "Karen" thing. There are... actually a lot of people out there named Karen. Same for naming devices after people I mean come on. I just feel so bad for these people who have to deal with the pokes and jabs because of stuff like this.

breakfast foods for breakfast are the worst. I'm talkin about when I go to the dining hall at 9am to get something to eat and all they have are scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, pancakes, etc. it's not that I hate those foods, I just really don't like to eat them for breakfast.

I like to eat stuff that one might eat for dinner, for breakfast. for instance, right now I would love to be able to go get some pasta and marinara sauce but I know that if I don't wait til at least 11am they'll only have those stupid breakfast foods.

tl;dr breakfast foods should be banned

i totally get what you mean, but omg how is pasta breakfast? ToT

not a serious question ofc everyone can eat what they want, just surprised!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back