• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Giveaway The Superb Owl Contest! Grand prize: Whitney!

NiftyPants

Nifty Member
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
Feedback
100% (43) +
Welcome to the Superb Owl contest!

A winner has been chosen!
Thanks so much for the entries! I'll definitely be holding contests like this in the future, although maybe not drawing. I'll figure some other fun things out!

The drawings are all lovely, thanks again!

Last edited:
whitney.jpg
I am ready to be entered in the contest for best artist of all time thank you.

Last edited:
I'm not entering, but I had to comment. :p Did you get the "Superb Owl" thing from the Colbert Report? I love that show~ :3

Good luck to everyone who enters!!

I'm not entering, but I had to comment. :p Did you get the "Superb Owl" thing from the Colbert Report? I love that show~ :3

Good luck to everyone who enters!!

It reminded me of it, but the Superb Owl thing has been a joke in my family for a long time. =D

- - - Post Merge - - -

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/sketch-paint/
this seems like a decent site to use ;o
actually nevermind lolol v__v

can't find any good site that is similar like paint:<

Yeah that's a few steps above paint, it wouldn't really be fair. Damn!

I wish someone would have a contest like this that let you draw to your full potential...

I wish someone would have a contest like this that let you draw to your full potential...

That really really wouldn't be fair to people like me who can't draw at all though. So I'm glad there isn't.

That really really wouldn't be fair to people like me who can't draw at all though. So I'm glad there isn't.

The only issue I really have with this the way it is, is that it's not fair to the people who rarely touch paint or use a trackpad/mouse compared to the ones who constantly play on those because its all they have.

--and it says in the rules they're looking for the most creative, not the best drawn.

Last edited:
The only issue I really have with this the way it is, is that it's not fair to the people who rarely touch paint or use a trackpad/mouse compared to the ones who constantly play on those because its all they have.

Well.. I like this rule because I never touch anything in terms of drawing. And it wouldn't be fair at all for people to use their drawing equipment because people like me wouldn't stand a chance in this.

Well.. I like this rule because I never touch anything in terms of drawing. And it wouldn't be fair at all for people to use their drawing equipment because people like me wouldn't stand a chance in this.

taking this to PM so we don't clog the thread more than we already have

--Edit because I'm not putting another post about this in this thread--

That thing you just said below this post was kind of really rude and unnecessary.

You also could have said that through pm to avoid further clogging the nice giveaway thread

You've also totally ignored my final point which was that the rules state they're looking for creativity, not quality of drawing, so no, you really didn't make yours?

Last edited:
I don't really have anything else to say as I've made my point, so need need to pm me. I don't think I'm being rude at all and I didn't ignore you I just think its kinda rude to PM me honestly because why does it matter? :\ I don't want my inbox cluttered with arguing over a giveaway. Giveaways are supposed to be happy things and not argued over. I like the rules and I know it's creativity but the point is that you could be much more creative if you had more artistic talent. Which would opt me out. I'm sorry for bickering on the thread I just don't get why I was being rude and believe Novi was actually rude for PMing me something they want to FIGHT over. Good luck to everyone! c:

Last edited:
Well, on the one hand, the game is over and this contest could also be over at any time (I'm guessing it's not because I haven't seen a winner announced either here or on Reddit?). On the other, I'm competent at exactly one kind of art (see my avatar), and luckily I can't use anything more complicated than MS Paint for it anyway. So I guess it's time to sprite like a madman, for the hand of my dream villager!

Edit: Done! Not exactly my best work, but not bad for 20 minutes and my first time spriting an Animal Crossing character!

LEmJVdm.png

Edit Edit: It seems I may have a little time, so I'm going to work on improving it. If the contest ends before I'm done, you can consider this my entry.

Last edited:
Back