• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Snowboy frustration is real!

Nayab

Attack Eyebrows
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
I've been trying to make a perfect Snowboy, and each time he keeps saying I've "almost" got it. I've never actually ragequit out of ACNL before, but the frustration is real today! The annoying part is scouring my town for the two snowballs every time I reset, and them coming back to find that a dung beetle has been moving it...

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for making a perfect Snowboy?

Snowboy is the hardest I think! Here's a picture guide if you're not using one already. Basically, when you stand next to the snowballs and press up, the body should come up to the bottom of your eye, and the head to the bottom of your chin.

Thanks so much! The whole time I was making the head up to my lips, not the bottom of my chin x_x I got it first try after using your advice!

I do find Snowboy to be the most challenging to create. But the guide really helps.

What no way! My first snowman was a Snowboy lool, but I think it's not quite the perfect kind. I keep smashing my snowballs in through gaps/against trees, rolling off sometimes or I have a dungbeetle taking over it

ah snowboy's a charm. whats irritating is when all indications are that youve made the right number of snowtyke's fambly the right size to get the particular prize you're after and then you get something different in the mail.. doh!

Dung beetles are around from 5pm-8am, so if you're able to make snowmen before 5pm, I find that helps a bit. You don't have your snowballs moving around on you!

Yes! Both Snowtyke and Snowboy with their pickiness with proportions is really frustrating. I don't even like the set that Snowboy gives and have only managed to make him twice.

Yes! Both Snowtyke and Snowboy with their pickiness with proportions is really frustrating. I don't even like the set that Snowboy gives and have only managed to make him twice.

stick with it! some of that snowman set he gives out is really cool. I especially like the snowman hoodie, and the actual snowman!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't know there was an actual snowman!!! That's seriously cute, and definitely great motivation. I looked up the hoodie and my mayor would definitely wear that. :D

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't know there was an actual snowman!!! That's seriously cute, and definitely great motivation. I looked up the hoodie and my mayor would definitely wear that. :D

also, i think that's the only set that has its own refrigerator...

also, i think that's the only set that has its own refrigerator...

Oh yeah! That's probably true! That's one of the ones I've gotten and the letter Snowboy sent was a pun about snow keeping things cool. Haha. I really want that snowman now...

I can, but the dumb Dung beetles keep pushing them in the water when I try find the second snowball :mad:

My biggest problem is that my town has too many trees and tiny paths, so if the snowballs show up too far from one another, sometimes there's no viable way for me to get them together. Then, when I finally put them together, only to be "almost" right! Augh!

I feel like I make snowboy's head a tad too big. I like checking the most recent snowboy and trying to mimick the proportions. I also Save and Continue before putting the snowballs together, just in case I have to reset and try again.

Luckily, last winter I did almost everything I needed. I'm focusing on snowboy right now, and then I'll just need 2 or 3 more items from snowdad and I'll have all items I need from snowpeople! Will still build them for fun though, I love how they look around town. Wish they lasted longer!

I made a Snowboy absolutely perfect on my first try, I wanted the Snowmam but messed it up :c Stupid Snowpeople stop being so darn picky!!

Winter 2013 I made nothing but snowmams. Winter 2014 I made loads of different ones cause I didn't know what I wanted to do. This year I'm focusing on bingo snowmen to finish off the set and then I'm going to try Snowboy. I'm not looking forward to the "almost" comments :p

Loooool yeah, I tried making snowboy the other day, I spent like 15 minutes just rolling a ball, I even measured them with what I thought was the perfect size, yet he said I just "almost" had it. Smh! :mad:

I got to make the other three perfect without much trouble though. Why'd you gotta be so picky snowboy! :c

Back