• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon The Pokémon Challenge Thread

I may have also forgotten to express what's happened to my other Pokemon, the evolution etc.

No deaths so far~ Which is good.
I have evolved Kadabra into Alakazam~! And Wooper evolved into Quagsire. I also Evoved gloom into Bellossom.

I do not plan to evolve nidorino/nindorina until very late due to the move set situtation.
I do plan to evolve Geodude, Gastly and Madnemite once it's got to theor secondary evolution.

Hey there! I read through your updates but didn't get a chance to comment. Congrats on defeating Morty! I did the same thing with regards to training hard at that point and going all the way to Olivine City, haha.

---

UPDATE! I've decided to continue doing my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge even though I beat it, and am continuing it in Kanto! This is the bonus part of my Nuzlocke challenge three-peat victory, and if I manage to defeat Red atop the mountain, it'll count as a win! Here's my new challenge information. Giyu the Skarmory has been trained up and fills in nicely for the death of Giyu the Togekiss. I only need to defeat Brock, Blaine, and Blue now, so I'm getting closer and closer to Red! 🥳

Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge

Champion:
Riley

Rival: Genya

Gym Badges: 13

Current team:

Makomo the Lapras (F), Lv. 55
Zenitsu the Alakazam (M), Lv. 55
Nezuko the Typhlosion (F), Lv. 54
Kanao the Nidoqueen (F), Lv. 55
Tengen the Leafeon (M), Lv. 54
Giyu the Skarmory (M), Lv. 53

Deaths:

Giyu the Togekiss (M), Lv. 50
Aoi the Wooper (F), Lv. 14
Gyomei the Geodude (M), Lv. 17
Tokito the Hoothoot (M), Lv. 15

AxEVdnC.jpg

8x7z3Ve.jpg

Question, can other challenges besides the "locke" ones good to upload? I'm thinking of starting something like that but it doesn't really fit into that category

Question, can other challenges besides the "locke" ones good to upload? I'm thinking of starting something like that but it doesn't really fit into that category

Yep! This thread is for anything Pokemon challenge related at all. It could be as silly as using a full team of baby Pokemon even! As long as there's rules you set for yourself, would love for you to share it here so that I can read about it! 💚

UPDATE on my challenge. I ended up making it to Pewter City and defeated Brock. I was hoping for a first encounter Pikachu in Viridian Forest, but unfortunately it ended up being Weedle. Now the only gym leaders left to face are Blaine and Blue. Then I plan on challenging the E4 and Champion again, and then eventually Red as well!

Champion:
Riley

Gym Badges: 14

Current team:

Makomo the Lapras (F), Lv. 55
Zenitsu the Alakazam (M), Lv. 55
Nezuko the Typhlosion (F), Lv. 55
Kanao the Nidoqueen (F), Lv. 55
Tengen the Leafeon (M), Lv. 55
Giyu the Skarmory (M), Lv. 55

Deaths:

Another UPDATE on my challenge. I ended up battling trainers while heading south and got some neat first catches. This was, of course, after I beat my rival, Genya, for the final time in Mt. Moon. I took on Blaine and defeated him. Then I continued surfing east until I reached Fuchsia City.

Finally, it was time. Time to take on one of the toughest opponents in the game, Blue. Thankfully I managed to make it past the gym trainers, though there were definitely some close calls (some of those Normal type Pokemon have wayyyy too versatile movesets, lol).

I swapped Nezuko to the front, walked up to Blue, and talked to him to engage in the final gym battle of the game. He sent out Exeggutor at first, so I used Nezuko's new move, Eruption, in order to OHKO it. He then was going to switch to Rhydon, so I switched to Makomo the Lapras and OHKO'ed it with Surf. Then he sent out Machamp, so I switched to my Alakazam, Zenitsu, and used Psychic. But man, that Machamp was so bulky that it survived... in the yellow! It used Earthquake, but somehow Zenitsu tanked it. I kept spamming Psychic as Blue healed his Machamp, and took it out. After that, Blue switched to his Arcanine, so I went back to Lapras and spammed Surf until it was finally down. I had to be careful after tanking his Flare Blitz and use Full Restores, because of Arcanine's Extreme Speed, which is a priority move. Blue had had enough and switched to his strongest Pokemon, Pidgeot. I switched to Giyu the Skarmory and started spamming Steel Wing. Thankfully, after a couple switches due to his Pidgeot's Whirlwind, Blue had the misfortune of switching me out right into Makomo, and I finished his Pidgeot off with a mighty Ice Beam. Blue saved his best against me for last, his Gyarados, as I don't have an Electric type Pokemon on my team. I switched to Makomo the Lapras, and the real endgame began. He proceeded to start spamming Dragon Dance, buffing his Gyarados's attack and speed. He did this three times as I tried to faint his Gyarados with Ice Beam after Ice Beam. None of them resulted in a frozen status like I had hoped it would, or even a critical. Then... his Gyarados used Return. YIKES! I watched as Makomo's health plummeted and plummeted and plummeted from 200+, but... it stopped around 52! Because of tanking this last desperation move from Blue, I managed to finish off his Gyarados with one more Ice Beam!

Champion:
Riley

Gym Badges: 16

Current team:

Makomo the Lapras (F), Lv. 59
Tengen the Leafeon (M), Lv. 59
Kanao the Nidoqueen (F), Lv. 58
Zenitsu the Alakazam (M), Lv. 57
Nezuko the Typhlosion (F), Lv. 57
Giyu the Skarmory (M), Lv. 57

Deaths:

And I've done it! I've defeated every gym leader in the game in both Johto and Kanto with a full team, and haven't lost anyone else since Giyu the Togekiss's death during the initial Elite Four run. When I next play I'll have to grind levels like crazy in order to take on the Johto/Kanto Elite Four and Champion again. Then after that I'll have to grind even more in order to face and defeat Red, the strongest Pokemon trainer in ANY Pokemon game. It'll be a true test to see if I'm a master and expert at Pokemon Nuzlocke challenges. Until next time, I leave you with this foreboding music!

I got the itch to play Pokemon again, but didn't necessarily want to start grinding levels to face Red just yet in my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke, so I started... a Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke!

Because I've now beat a challenge in every generation or region of Pokemon except for the generation nine games, I decided to try my hand at this again. The rules are simple. You can only catch the one beginning Pokemon and then one after every badge for each path in the game, and if a Pokemon faints it is considered dead. You surprise trade them away to increase the randomness factor. This means that I have to beat the entire game with only the use of around 18-20 Pokemon tops. No easy feat.

But if I were able to accomplish this, it means I will have beat a Pokemon challenge in every generation and region of Pokemon.

My first attempt didn't go that well as I got some weak first route Pokemon that both fainted to an early route guy's Psyduck. My second attempt started off much better with a Corvisquire and Eevee obtained in surprise trades.

RDgFIMg.jpg

Unfortunately... that same guy ended up killing my Eevee, but I won the battle, and since then I've been growing my team and collecting badges. I really do like the team I have going now, even if it isn't the best. One other thing that I'm doing is only allowing myself to use Pokemon under the obey level of each gym leader, which makes things more challenging. With a couple gym badges in hand, I'm not sure where I'll be headed next, but hopefully my team becomes tougher!

gTKQgrm.jpg

mRArL4i.jpg

viCeshT.jpg

Update on my Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke!

gcbbh6T.jpg

7cUSGVM.jpg

I defeated two of the titans. Terastallizing into Water type with Corvisquire against Titan Bombirdier was essential to not get taken out by its Rock Throw.

d2D4P5g.jpg

KJUT1vB.jpg

My Charmander also evolved into a Charmeleon RIGHT as Goh's Scorbunny evolved into Raboot in Pokemon Journeys... the timing was ironic, LMAO!

BYwrILk.jpg

LAr3AhA.jpg

mPmatMm.jpg

Lastly, I got a Scizor that was SOMEHOW only level 23 from surprise trade, which helped a lot against Giacomo of Team Star... and thanks to the Clear Amulet his Revavroom's attempts to lower Scizor's stats with Metal Sound failed!

Here's my current team:

EQ3Xwqg.jpg

Update on my Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke! I got a lot done and made my way through 5 gym badges, defeating Larry easily thanks to my Pawmot and Corviknight. A lot of Pokemon evolved during this time, and some new friends were obtained, but there were also some deaths as well. Sawsbuck died to a trainer's Mudsdale's Counter after it was hit by my Sawsbuck's Horn Leech. RIP Sawsbuck. Scizor died when I misclicked and attacked again instead of healing or switching out. RIP Scizor. And Charmeleon died when it got hit by an Eelektross's Liquidation, because I forgot Eelektross can learn that move. RIP Charmeleon.
Two of my biggest new acquisitions were a Fraxure (now Haxorus) and Hippowdon, which I believe will be really helpful going forward. When I next play I'll be training to take on the gym leader Tulip for my sixth gym badge. Until then!

qggRO39.jpg

0IGsBTi.jpg

pLku7DT.jpg

2tTyZJB.jpg

p2d1v5g.jpg

QUzNhvP.jpg

I2ad1N1.jpg

yalwxkD.jpg

LG1xwft.jpg

hu09xVa.jpg

cvityx4.jpg

70KKOWr.jpg

RFzsiMq.jpg

H9sVRkz.jpg

nOuGBts.jpg

9gu3pUw.jpg

roEZBaq.jpg

18NjoBq.jpg

ET6X8t6.jpg

65Tn8Rv.jpg

EID8TJC.jpg

Kk0Flul.jpg

SYjsUVy.jpg

I'm in the middle of my first Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge, in Pokemon LeafGreen. I wish I had noticed this thread when I first started, but better late than never!

I just defeated Erika, got the Silph Scope, and then caught a Gastly in Pokemon Tower. I spent some time leveling her up today to catch up with the rest of the team, and now she's a Gengar! (hopefully trading to evolve Haunter is not against any rules >_>) Only a couple more levels to go, and I'll be heading onward through Pokemon Tower to take on Team Rocket!

Nuzlocke.png

Also hopefully not breaking any Nuzlocke rules, I traded a duplicate Spearow I caught after defeating Lt. Surge for CH'DING the Farfetch'd. I considered naming my Gastly TREAT in all-caps as well to match, but then decided that CH'DING would probably rather feel unique by being the only Pokemon in my team with an all-caps name.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of my first Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge, in Pokemon LeafGreen. I wish I had noticed this thread when I first started, but better late than never!

I just defeated Erika, got the Silph Scope, and then caught a Gastly in Pokemon Tower. I spent some time leveling her up today to catch up with the rest of the team, and now she's a Gengar! (hopefully trading to evolve Haunter is not against any rules >_>) Only a couple more levels to go, and I'll be heading onward through Pokemon Tower to take on Team Rocket!

Also hopefully not breaking any Nuzlocke rules, I traded a duplicate Spearow I caught after defeating Lt. Surge for CH'DING the Farfetch'd. I considered naming my Gastly TREAT in all-caps as well to match, but then decided that CH'DING would probably rather feel unique by being the only Pokemon in my team with an all-caps name.

Nice team you have there!

As far as I'm aware, trading in the game isn't against any Nuzlocke rules, especially for those two reasons. I think it'd only be unfair if you traded for something that's way out of your level range or you're trading for something that you didn't really catch or have equal value for.

Excited to see your progress updates and read through them! 🥳

I’ve been doing a pokemon Violet Hardore Nuzlocke, and all my encounters other than my starter have been wonder traded. With the level cap being each gym/titan I can’t keep any Pokemon above those levels.

I been the first gym and lost an eevee. I also had to sack off a joltik and slow to as I have no switching up so had to hard switch into them just to stop teddiursa getting any free hits in on my stronger mons. It was surprisingly hard!

I then beat the Klawf titan with ease with Quaxwell.

I just beat Brassius before I go to bed. My team going in was Wooper, Eevee, Fuecoco, Quaxwell, Happiny and Beldum - all level 18. I set up toxic spikes with Wooper straight away and easily beat Petilil. Fuecoco beat Smoliv and when Sudowoodo came out I switched into Wuaxwell, thinking it would use a rock type move on Fuecoco. It unfortunately didn’t and Quaxwell went down to a critical hit Trailblaze 😭

After the battle Fuecoco and Eevee evolved so my team is currently Crocalor, Wooper, Happiny, Espeon and Beldum. On to the Sky Titan next!

Started my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I ended up choosing Snivy as my starter based on my trainer ID number, and caught a Patrat, Sewaddle, Lillipup, and Elekid so far. Battling Cheren was a close call as my Snivy, Deku, got hit down to 3 HP, but thankfully I had used two Growths already by then, so I was able to heal and take out Cheren's Lillipup for the win. When I next play I'll be grinding levels in preparation to battle Roxie, the second gym leader.

Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge

Trainer:
Riley

Rival: Hugh

Gym badges: 1

Current team:

Deku the Snivy (M), Lv. 16
Tsuyu the Sewaddle (F), Lv. 10
Ochaco the Patrat (F), Lv. 10
Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 10
Momo the Lillipup (F), Lv. 9

Deaths: N/A

Boxes: N/A

I’ve been continuing my violet hardcore wonderlocke, doing the gyms titans and star bases in order.

I’ve been getting rather lucky on wondertrade and currently have quite a few starters in my box in case anything dies. To name a few I’ve got Turtwig, Froakie, Scorbunny, Bulbasaur and Charmander. Most of my other trades have just been Eevees or early deep moms but that’s ok!

Between Brassius and Orthworm nothing of note happened. Going into Orthworm I thought it was a steel ground type as I’m not too familiar with the new mons or their stats. My team was:
- Brionne (Replaced Quaxwell)
- Metang (Beldum FINALLY evolved 😭)
- Mob the Espeon
- Crocalor
- Clodsire (I couldn’t use this as it went over the level cap)
- Hisuian Zorua

I lead with Brionne and it got it a good few hits, getting Orthworm down to below half. Then I had to hard switch into Metang which was fine as I didn’t want Brionne to die and Metang could take an Iron Tail. I had taught Metang Bulldoze thinking it would kill Orthworm but I didn’t know the Eartheater ability existed 😭

Orthworm healed itself and there wasn’t much else Metang would do. It got trapped by Wrap and unfortunately Orthworm killed it, and after it had just evolved aswell… I switched into Espeon which did about 1 HP damage to Orthworm which was enough to end the fight… Very annoyed that it was so close to Metang not dying.

After I figured out it was a steel type I 2 HKOd it with Crocalor in the second round.

Metang has now been replaced with Turtwig which is now a grotle 😢

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I Audino trained in the Virbank City Complex and got my team's levels up. Deku evolved into a Servine and Momo evolved into a Herdier, who would be key against Roxie. After obtaining all the challenge reward items in the Complex and exploring Virbank City to the fullest, I went down to challenge Roxie's gym.

The trainers weren't that bad, and neither was Roxie, thanks to my strategy. I started the battle with Kaminari the Elekid and spammed Shock Wave to take out her Koffing. Then I switched to Momo the Herdier for her Whirlipede, both of them being the same level. Thankfully, due to Momo's ability, Intimidate, and the fact that it was holding a Pecha berry, I wasn't worried about taking double damage from Venoshock. I just spammed the TM I taught Momo, Return, until Whirlipede was finally down. And thus I won my second gym badge in this run!

I'm really looking forward to when I next play, to head towards Castelia City and battle Burgh. I have to admit I don't really have any good advantages against him right now, and two of my team members are weak to Bug types. However, Ochaco should be a Watchog by then, and maybe I'll get a really good new encounter. Who knows. Until then!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 2

Current team:

Deku the Servine (M), Lv. 17
Tsuyu the Sewaddle (F), Lv. 17
Ochaco the Patrat (F), Lv. 17
Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 17
Momo the Herdier (F), Lv. 19

Boxes: N/A

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I dealt with Team Plasma and did the Pokestars Studio stuff, and then set sail for Castelia City. Once there I went to the Castelia City Sewers and battled Team Plasma, and easily beat them with Hugh's help. Then I finished exploring the sewers and did a TON of Audino training in the grassy area above. Also caught a first encounter Petilil there. I caught a first encounter Sandile on route 4 as well. Nicknamed the Petilil Ashido and the Sandile Sato.

Decided not to fully explore Castelia City quite yet and just go ahead and battle Burgh. I easily made it through his gym trainers thanks to my team's increased levels. Finally, it was time to take on the Bug type master himself.

I put my plan into action. Started with Momo the Herdier and took out his Swadloon with two Returns. Then I switched to Kirishima the Drilbur (who I had previously caught in the Relic Passage) for his Dwebble, and took it out with two Metal Claws thanks to the first one raising Kirishima's attack. Finally, I switched back to Momo for his Leavanny in order to lower its attack with the Intimidate ability, and then switched to Ochaco the Watchog.

Put his Leavanny to sleep with Hypnosis, and then used Confuse Ray as well. Followed up with Super Fang while it was asleep, but it healed because of the Sitrus Berry on it. It woke up and started spamming Razor Leaves, with the first one being a critical hit and almost taking out Ochaco. I healed and kept trying to put it back to sleep, but to no avail. Finally, after having used my last Super Potion, I managed to put his Leavanny to sleep again. Didn't bother with Confuse Ray this time and went straight for Super Fang. His Leavanny stayed asleep and I finished it off with Crunch, thus winning my third gym badge!

It was a hard-fought battle. I'm glad I didn't lose anyone, as I'm trying to minimize losses as much as possible if I want to beat this thing and keep my Nuzlocke streak alive, which is currently at three wins in a row. When I next play I'll be exploring Castelia City fully and then heading north towards Nimbasa City, site of the fourth Unova gym badge!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 3

Current team:

Momo the Herdier (F), Lv. 26
Ochaco the Watchog (F), Lv. 24
Kirishima the Drilbur (M), Lv. 24
Deku the Servine (M), Lv. 24
Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 24
Tsuyu the Leavanny (F), Lv. 24

Boxes:

Sato the Sandile (M), Lv. 16
Ashido the Petilil (F), Lv. 15

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I finished exploring Castelia City and then headed north. On route 4 I encountered and battled Colress. Thanks to Kirishima the Drilbur he was an easy victory. Then I continued north, battling trainers and collecting items. Caught a first encounter Darumaka in the Desert Resort and nicknamed it Bakugo. RNG was on my side as well, as its nature ended up being Jolly, which is the best nature it could have had! 🤩

Then I caught a first encounter Yamask in the Relic Tower and nicknamed it Tokoyami. Made it to Nimbasa City and Audino trained a bunch before taking on Elesa. Kirishima had evolved into an Excadrill by this point, and Momo into a Stoutland. Made it to Elesa and put my ace strategy into action. I started with Kirishima so she couldn't Volt Switch, and took out her Emolga in one hit with Rock Slide. Then I switched to Momo the Stoutland for her Zebstrika and used Dig. It did a good chunk of damage, but then she Volt Switched into Flaaffy. Flaaffy didn't get a chance to do anything as it immediately fainted from Momo's Dig. Then I tanked another Volt Switch from Elesa's Zebstrika and took it out to win my fourth gym badge!

I had my first deaths of the challenge while Audino training. Kaminari the Elekid unfortunately died to an Audino's critical hit Secret Power because I forgot how strong that move is. Tokoyami the Yamask also died to a Liepard's Pursuit as I had no way to evade it. However, my team is still full right now thanks to substituting in Tsuyu the Leavanny, and diverse in types as well. About to head west towards Driftveil City, site of the fifth Unova gym badge!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 4

Current team:

Kirishima the Excadrill (M), Lv. 34
Momo the Stoutland (F), Lv. 34
Deku the Servine (M), Lv. 33
Hagakure the Trubbish (F), Lv. 30
Tsuyu the Leavanny (F), Lv. 30
Bakugo the Darumaka (M), Lv. 30

Deaths:

Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 25
Tokoyami the Yamask (M), Lv. 26

Boxes:

Fluffee the Cottonee (M), Lv. 20
Ibara the Roselia (F), Lv. 23
Ochaco the Watchog (F), Lv. 26

It wasn't a Nuzlocke, but my greatest Pokémon accomplishment was my Ledyba only run on Pokémon Crystal. I defeated the Elite Four, too. It was one of the hardest things I've done in gaming.

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! Ended up heading west and facing trainers along the way. I caught a first encounter Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge and nicknamed it Nejire. Thought that was what I was going to use against Clay, but...

Once I made it to Driftveil City, I ventured onto route 6 and the VERY FIRST encounter happened to be an Azumarill! I caught it and nicknamed it Mirio, and thankfully its nature isn't bad and it has the Huge Power ability. Replaced Tsuyu the Leavanny on my team with it. Then I Audino trained it to the rest of my team's levels, and headed towards the gym to take on Clay.

Made it through his gym easily and didn't bother battling all the trainers, but headed straight for Clay. While he lead with Krokorok, I put my ace strategy into action and sent out Deku the Serperior. Took his Krokorok out with a Leaf Blade. Then I switched to Mirio the Azumarill for his Sandslash, and took it out with several Bubble Beams.

Finally, it was time for his Excadrill. Since my Darmanitan, Bakugo, has Jolly as its nature, it was a no-brainer. I sent out Bakugo, outsped his Excadrill, and OHKO'ed it with Fire Punch, thus winning my fifth Unova gym badge in this challenge!

When I next play I'll be exploring the rest of Driftveil City, will do the Pokemon World Tournament, and then will head west and north towards Mistralton City, site of the sixth Unova gym badge!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 5

Current team:

Deku the Serperior (M), Lv. 37
Mirio the Azumarill (M), Lv. 36
Bakugo the Darmanitan (M), Lv. 36
Kirishima the Excadrill (M), Lv. 36
Hagakure the Garbodor (F), Lv. 36
Momo the Stoutland (F), Lv. 36

Deaths:

Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 25
Tokoyami the Yamask (M), Lv. 26

Boxes:

Fluffee the Cottonee (M), Lv. 20
Ibara the Roselia (F), Lv. 23
Ochaco the Watchog (F), Lv. 26
Recovery the Audino (F), Lv. 23
Nejire the Ducklett (F), Lv. 25
Tsuyu the Leavanny (F), Lv. 36

I've been continuing with my Violet hardcore wonderlocke slowly but surely, I just beat Ryme and the Ground Titan!

I forgot to update for a little bit but I believe as of my previous update my team was:
- Brionne (Replaced Quaxwell)
- Grotle
- Mob the Espeon
- Crocalor
- Clodsire (I couldn’t use this as it went over the level cap)
- Hisuian Zorua

I went into the water gym with this team and had a pretty good strategy, I've not been looking at the gym leaders teams or moves or anything though and didnt know he had a Crabominable! I beat his first two mons, and then Crabominable started giving me trouble. It critical hit my Grotle straight away, so I had to hard switch to avoid it dying. I switched out into Zorua to negate it's slam, but it then critical hit zorua with Crabhammer and 1HKO'd it. It was about 2-3 hp from dying and Zorua would've taken 1 crabhammer which is annoying. Zorua evolved after the battle which rubbed salt in the wound a bit more...

I did a couple of Team Star bases after this, and then moved onto the Normal gym. I was training my Team beforehand against Brionne got flinched and then critical hit by a random wild Pyroar... It also evolved once the battle was over. Critical hits and evolving once my Pokemon dies seem to be becoming a trend here...

I can't remember what I swapped Brionne and Zorua out for but I went into the normal gym, not knowing that Komala was going to spam Yawn. I had planned on setting up with Curse and Trailblaze on Toterra and managed to take Komala, but at this point Torterra, Clodsire and Crocalor were all asleep. I took down his second mon but had to sacrifice the 2 new mons to chip away at Staraptor, before taking it down with Terra Normal Espeon!

Before fighting Ryme my team was:

Greninja
Torterra
Espeon
Clodsire
Skeledirge
Cetitan

Greninja absolutely tanked through the entire gym and Clodsire acting as support, setting up spikes etc. Ryme's second-to-last Pokemon was Houndstone which unfortunately 1 shot Greninja with Play Rough (I didn't know it had this!)

I am now on my way to the Psychic Gym and my team is:

Torterra
Espeon
Clodsire
Skeledirge
Cetitan

Dusk Lycanroc

I've had quite a few surprising deaths (8 right now I believe) but I'm slowly getting there!

Continuing my Leafgreen Nuzlocke, I rescued Mr. Fuji from Pokemon Tower. I very nearly lost my Farfetch'd to a Team Rocket grunt on the top floor with a self-destruct Koffing, though (he survived with 4 HP!!) Mostly undaunted, I continued South of Lavender, battling and defeating Snorlax on the way (not any easy task; thank goodness for Venusaur's leech seed), and training my Pokemon on the many many trainers leading to Fuchsia City. My Fearow finally learned Drill Peck at level 40, which is awesome not only because I love that move, but also because up until that point she only had Peck as a flying-type STAB attack which was... not great.

After a small tour of Fuchsia City (I've always liked the little zoo in front of the Safari Zone), I went to take on Koga. With a newfound respect for the power of Koffing, I let my Gengar take the lead. Even though she was a little underleveled, she performed beautifully. None of Koga's Pokemon were able to do too much to her with their poison attacks being quad-ineffective, and in spite of of Hypnosis missing more than I'd like, she eventually dream eater'd the lot of them. What do poison-type dreams taste like? Probably good if you're also a poison type, I'd expect.

With my new Soul Badge, it was time to catch a new Pokemon! Even though I'm not quite ready to head out to the water routes yet, I wanted to get a Surf mon to round out my team. In particular, I wanted a Goldeen, since I've never really trained one before. I took my Super Rod to the water in town and hoped for the best and who should I encounter, but a level 20 Seaking! I named her Miraura.

My next stop will be the Safari Zone to get Surf, since poor Miraura doesn't know any water moves at the moment. Then I'll train her a little bit, go through Cycling Road, and head over to Saffron City for the Silph Co. and Sabrina's Gym.

-----

Pokemon Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge

Trainer:
Ruthie

Rival: Gary

Gym Badges: 5

Current Team:
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 46
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 41
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 41
CH'DING the Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 36
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 37