• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon The Official "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Bump!
LfJkyMk.gif

This does not sound legit to me because if it was the Movie 14 Event Darkrai, it would not be in a Dusk Ball, it would not have the OT "Kurt", and it would have a ribbon. Try battling with it online and see what the game tells you. I'm 99% sure it's a hack. Sorry ):

That's why I'm confused. It let me battle with it online. Yet it's obviously hacked.

Thanks for the response by the way :)

That's why I'm confused. It let me battle with it online. Yet it's obviously hacked.

Thanks for the response by the way :)

If you received it though trade then chances are you would be able to battle with it as well. The only hacked Pokemon that are truly capable of screwing up your game aren't accepted by the game's own legality checker and the only way to obtain such a Pokemon would be if you hacked it in yourself.

Do I need to use the form? It's just that I got a shiny Darkrai through Wonder Trade and it's timid and looks decent. But can you get shiny Darkrai? It's cool though.

Do I need to use the form? It's just that I got a shiny Darkrai through Wonder Trade and it's timid and looks decent. But can you get shiny Darkrai? It's cool though.

It is possible to get a shiny Darkrai in generation 4, but it is very rare. So I'd prefer if you could specify a bit using the form if you can, as it's hard to tell just by knowing that much. Thank you! :)

Shiny Pok?mon are extremely easy for hackers to make, and I say that from experience.

You literally just tick a button and they're shiny. So, unless the person has messed with some other things, that alone won't be enough to know whether it's hacked or not.

Just a bit of info to help with the checking. I looked at the X/AS summaries of all the pokes I Banked from various games & this is what I found. This is all from stuff that I know is 100% legit, because I either caught it myself or got it from the event myself.

When looking at 6th gen games, summaries will say:

3rd gen LG/FR says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.

3rd gen R/S/E says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.

3rd gen MYSTRY Mew says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoen region. No ribbon.

3rd gen WISHMKR Jirachi says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region. No ribbon.

3rd gen Colosseum (Gamecube) says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from a distant land. Has National ribbon.

3rd gen XD (Gamecube) says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from a distant land. Has National ribbon.

4th gen D/P/Pt says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.

4th gen HG/SS says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.

4th gen D/P/Pt event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.

4th gen HG/SS event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.

5th gen B/W/B2/W2 says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.

5th gen B/W/B2/W2 event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.

Last edited:
Just a bit of info to help with the checking. I looked at the X/AS summaries of all the pokes I Banked from various games & this is what I found. This is all from stuff that I know is 100% legit, because I either caught it myself or got it from the event myself.

When looking at 6th gen games, summaries will say:

3rd gen LG/FR says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.

3rd gen R/S/E says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.

3rd gen MYSTRY Mew says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoen region. No ribbon.

3rd gen WISHMKR Jirachi says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region. No ribbon.

3rd gen Colosseum (Gamecube) says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from a distant land. Has National ribbon.

3rd gen XD (Gamecube) says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from a distant land. Has National ribbon.

4th gen D/P/Pt says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.

4th gen HG/SS says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.

4th gen D/P/Pt event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.

4th gen HG/SS event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.

5th gen B/W/B2/W2 says: Seems to have traveled across both time & space in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.

5th gen B/W/B2/W2 event says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space & time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.

Thank you! This info will be very helpful with identifying the legality of some event pok?mon. :D

Back