• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon The Pokémon Challenge Thread

Continuing my Leafgreen Nuzlocke, I rescued Mr. Fuji from Pokemon Tower. I very nearly lost my Farfetch'd to a Team Rocket grunt on the top floor with a self-destruct Koffing, though (he survived with 4 HP!!) Mostly undaunted, I continued South of Lavender, battling and defeating Snorlax on the way (not any easy task; thank goodness for Venusaur's leech seed), and training my Pokemon on the many many trainers leading to Fuchsia City. My Fearow finally learned Drill Peck at level 40, which is awesome not only because I love that move, but also because up until that point she only had Peck as a flying-type STAB attack which was... not great.

After a small tour of Fuchsia City (I've always liked the little zoo in front of the Safari Zone), I went to take on Koga. With a newfound respect for the power of Koffing, I let my Gengar take the lead. Even though she was a little underleveled, she performed beautifully. None of Koga's Pokemon were able to do too much to her with their poison attacks being quad-ineffective, and in spite of of Hypnosis missing more than I'd like, she eventually dream eater'd the lot of them. What do poison-type dreams taste like? Probably good if you're also a poison type, I'd expect.

With my new Soul Badge, it was time to catch a new Pokemon! Even though I'm not quite ready to head out to the water routes yet, I wanted to get a Surf mon to round out my team. In particular, I wanted a Goldeen, since I've never really trained one before. I took my Super Rod to the water in town and hoped for the best and who should I encounter, but a level 20 Seaking! I named her Miraura.

My next stop will be the Safari Zone to get Surf, since poor Miraura doesn't know any water moves at the moment. Then I'll train her a little bit, go through Cycling Road, and head over to Saffron City for the Silph Co. and Sabrina's Gym.

-----

Pokemon Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge

Trainer:
Ruthie

Rival: Gary

Gym Badges: 5

Current Team:
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 46
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 41
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 41
CH'DING the Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 36
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 37
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 20

Deaths:

Boxes:
Hotbiscuit is such a good name for a Pidgeot omg 😭

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I explored the rest of Driftveil City, did the Pokemon World Tournament, and then faced off against Team Plasma. After they fled, I ventured west onto route 6. Entered Mistralton Cave and caught a first encounter Aron, which I nicknamed Jiro. Then I went into Chargestone Cave and caught a first encounter Joltik, which I nicknamed Komori.

Left to Audino train them and raise them up, and Jiro evolved into a Lairon and then Aggron, while Komori evolved into a Galvantula. Flew back to Aspertia City and collected items along the routes that I could now access with Surf. Finally, it was time to make my way through Chargestone Cave.

Thankfully I made it through without losing anyone, but the triple and rotation battles definitely scared me a bit. I made it to Mistralton City and then went north, battling trainers on my way to the Celestial Tower. Went inside and got the Lucky Egg from Professor Juniper, which will be super helpful going forward when I Audino train. Then I battled the remaining trainers in the Celestial Tower, and then returned to Mistralton City to take on Skyla.

Thanks to Jiro now being an Aggron and Komori now being a Galvantula, the gym trainers were a walk in the park. Skyla went down easily as well. I started the battle against her Swoobat by sending out Jiro the Aggron, who took an ineffective hit and then OHKO'ed Skyla's Swoobat with Rock Slide. Then I switched to Komori the Galvantula for her Swanna and OHKO'ed it with Volt Switch. Switched into Bakugo the Darmanitan and took out her Skarmory with several Fire Punches. I was afraid that she might go for an effective Flying type move, but thankfully all she did in her one turn from Sturdy is use Steel Wing, which didn't do much against Bakugo. 💀

And thus, I earned my sixth gym badge in the challenge! When I next play I'll be heading on a plane to Lentimas Town, and then will be slowly but surely making my way to Opelucid City, site of the seventh Unova gym badge!

Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke Challenge

Trainer:
Riley

Rival: Hugh

Gym badges: 6

Current team:

Deku the Serperior (M), Lv. 40
Mirio the Azumarill (M), Lv. 41
Bakugo the Darmanitan (M), Lv. 41
Momo the Stoutland (F), Lv. 41
Komori the Galvantula (F), Lv. 42
Jiro the Aggron (F), Lv. 43

Deaths:

Kaminari the Elekid (M), Lv. 25
Tokoyami the Yamask (M), Lv. 26

Boxes:

Sato the Sandile (M), Lv. 16
Fluffee the Whimsiscott (M), Lv. 20
Ibara the Roserade (F), Lv. 23
Recovery the Audino (F), Lv. 23
Nejire the Ducklett (F), Lv. 25
Ochaco the Watchog (F), Lv. 26
Hawks the Tranquill (M), Lv. 30
Tsuyu the Leavanny (F), Lv. 36
Kirishima the Excadrill (M), Lv. 37
Hagakure the Garbodor (F), Lv. 37

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I took the plane to Lentimas Town and Audino trained my Pokemon. Then I continued going north towards Opelucid City, catching new counters and defeating trainers alike. I acquired a Solosis from the Strange House, which is now a Reuniclus nicknamed Intelli. Also acquired an Absol nicknamed Amajiki and a Lapras nicknamed Selkie.

While Audino training my Lapras, Selkie, I encountered and captured a FULL ODDS shiny Audino in a Luxury Ball, and nicknamed her Midnight. I'm literally so happy about this. I then finished training and made it to Opelucid City. Explored Route 9 and Shopping Mall Nine, and then took on Drayden's gym.

The gym trainers went down fairly easily due in large part to my newly acquired Lapras, Selkie. I then challenged the big man himself, Drayden, to battle. I lead with Amajiki, and used Night Slash to take his Druddigon down to half health. I was deathly afraid he'd use Revenge and kill Amajiki, but he went for Crunch instead 💀 . Then I used Night Slash again and took it out. Switched to Selkie for his Flygon and tanked a Rock Slide to OHKO Flygon using Ice Beam. Finally, I switched to Jiro the Aggron for his Haxorus and OHKO'ed it with a critical hit Iron Head. And thus, I did it! I won my seventh gym badge in the challenge.

When I next play I'll be heading towards Humilau City, site of the eighth and final Unova gym badge! Will I be able to make it past there and finally defeat Ghetsis in B2/W2 Nuzlockes, or will I taste the bitter sting of defeat once again? Only time will tell!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 7

Current team:

Deku the Serperior (M), Lv. 53
Selkie the Lapras (M), Lv. 53
Bakugo the Darmanitan (M), Lv. 53
Amajiki the Absol (M), Lv. 53
Intelli the Reuniclus (F), Lv. 53
Jiro the Aggron (F), Lv. 53

Deaths:

Boxes:

Mineta the Drifblim (M), Lv. 32
Koda the Combee (M), Lv. 35
Shimura the Basculin (F), Lv. 40
Komori the Galvantula (F), Lv. 47
Mirio the Azumarill (M), Lv. 51
Midnight the SHINY Audino (F), Lv. 35

CbRnFDI.jpg

wQn5uoC.jpg

Update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I defeated Team Plasma in Opelucid City, but they stole the DNA Splicers. Then went to Humilau City. Once there, I decided to Audino train on Route 22 and everyone got stronger. Caught a first encounter Piloswine in the Giant Chasm cave, which I nicknamed Ryukyu. She should be handy in case my Lapras dies for some reason. Then I went south to Route 21 and the Seaside Cave and defeated all the trainers there. Returned to Route 22 and defeated the last of the trainers that are currently accessible.

Decided it was time to take on the Humilau City gym. The gym was a breeze thanks to my starter, and for the dual Water/Flying types I basically just used Selkie the Lapras and spammed Ice Beam. I didn't bother with the trainer who had Walrein though. Made it to Marlon and challenged him to battle for my final gym badge of the Nuzlocke.

...And he got SWEPT by my Serperior, Deku. Could not even land a scratch on me 💀. Now with all gym badges in hand and my team on par with the champion in terms of levels, it's time to go crush Team Plasma once and for all. If I manage to defeat Ghetsis, then I'll just have one last hurdle to face: the Pokemon League. Can't wait!

Trainer:
Riley

Gym badges: 8

Current team:

Deku the Serperior (M), Lv. 59
Selkie the Lapras (M), Lv. 57
Bakugo the Darmanitan (M), Lv. 57
Amajiki the Absol (M), Lv. 57
Intelli the Reuniclus (F), Lv. 57
Jiro the Aggron (F), Lv. 57

Deaths:

Boxes:

Ryukyu the Piloswine (F), Lv. 44

I am finally back with updates and a Gym Leader destroyed!!

Olivine City: Krabby (Osamu)

It took a bit of organising my ideas, and possible choices; but after a while, I decided to go out into the ocean to defeat those trainers. No one had learnt to surf yet, so I have that responsibility to my Quagsire, Hiraku.

Bellessom, Eevee, Alakazam, Heracross, Magnemite were my main Pokemon to focus on in these waters, and we swam out on Quagsire.

Route 40: Tentacool (Yua)

Oh yay, Tentacool, actually looks fun to battle with :D

When we got to Route 41, I was sorta hoping for Mantine; but Tentacruel appeared instead; who then decided to almost kill my Magnemite! I didn’t want to chance it, so I decided to make it faint.
After that, we returned and went the opposite way, and swam (With a repel) to Route 42, were I found and caught a Machop at Mt. Mortar (Fumio).

In route 42, I was training my Tentacool against I believe one of the trainers Dugtrio; and the magnitude was too harsh and sadly killed Tentacool ;_; I did catch a Mareep in Route 42, called Saori.

Once I got to Route 43 (Avoiding the gate inbetween as I remembered Team Rocket was there to collect money for you to pass, so I just used the grass) I accidentally killed the Girafairg that appeared before me.
I then was training Machop here, and he got killed too! Which was such a shame, because I really needed the fighting spirit for when I deal with the ice types. Drat.

After training a bit of my, well some specific Pokemon; I decided to finally fight Eusine; who I was worried about fighting anyways because of high leveled his pokemon were.

He brought out his Drowzee, the one thing that I fear in this game, and I bring out Nidorina. Nidorina bit him well, but was then sent to sleep. I knew this tactic well, so I woke her up with a sleep heal.
Their dream eater failed, and another good bite to the head and Drowzee was out.

I sent out Raticate against his Haunter, who used curse by making it easier for Raticate to kill him with crunch.
Raticate got hurt from the curse, but once again I wasn’t planning on using Raticate for another round.

I bring out my Golem for his Electrode. (For everyone’s info, Nidorina and Raticate were Level 25, Golem I got him to Level 27)
Electrode uses screech, and Golem does a lil’ magnitude.
Then Golem was quicker and used another magnitude but harsher to win the battle~!

I then felt confident enough to just defeat the trainers in the fighting gym. And I was doing well~ The guy who owns a hitmonchan was trying to desperately kill Alakazam though. I had to do my best to heal Hanue after every move, I was the same level as him too. And I decided to wing it at one point to make sure he wouldn’t kill me with any of his fire/ice/electric punches, and only mach punched Hanue in the red. Before I eventually killed them with psybeam; boi it was a tough match I didn’t like it ;_:

Lake of rage: Hoothoot

After battling and catching the Gyarados I will not be using, I went to the sussy shop where we went downstairs to battle the grunts. Can I say I wish they had names? Or numbers. It’s so hard to tell which grunt I am facing and don’t want to switch and waste time!

One of the scientists down there almost got my Quagsire dead, but I wasn’t going to let that happen, and they killed the koffings with ease after a heal.
I faught them all until I met with my rival, which wasn’t good for my heart, but he only wanted to chat and yeet me and left. So now,it was time to battle against Petrel, dressing up as Giovanni because he wishes he was top dog.

He brought out his Zubat, and I brought out Alakazam, and with one swift psybeam he was out.
I was a bit worried about his Raticate, who decided to hyper gang my Heracross, but he came down hard with karate chop, killing him instantly.
So his koffing has self destruct; a very painful nuzlocke destroyer so Quagsire came out (I may have forgotten to mention but my Quagsire has the damp ability). I surfed up, and he survived with 1HP. He smokescreens, but you can’t ignore the waves crashing into you, so he went down right after!

He ran off, and I followed a helpful Murkrow to where I needed to go; but I had to go and heal my pokemon. Once I returned, I switched to my Quagsire because I thought you don’t fight the other Rocket members till after, but I was incorrect. Damnit.

Lance’s Dragonite killed my kill, so Quagsire’s mud bomb didn’t really affect Drowzee as much. Then Drowzee sent the Dragonite to sleep; to where I hoped and prayed they were only going to attack Dragonite, since he can handle it.
Quagsire used another mud bomb, killing Drowzee.

Dragonite woke up and flew. So I used my mud bomb on grimer which killed it instantly. Dragonite got rid of Murkrow, good job~ Gloom appeared, so I quickly switched out to Heracross; good thing too, because the moment I did Gloom tried mega draining Heracross. Dragonite flew up again, and before I could use my aerial ace, Dragonite killed it.

I then was able to deal with the Electrode, catching one as well because they come under found from Team Rocket HQ and called it Sparkle.

Then I decided to start training my Pokemon again, but sadly, my flaaffy got killed while training by a Goldeen DX Why am I losing so many in training again.

I finally got Eevee into Umbreon, and traded Magneton and evolved it into Magnezone. And Haunter into Gengar. I just need to level them all upto 30 before I try any gyms. Sadly I can’t fight against the rocket grunts in Goldenrod City until I get more gym badges. But I will try and deal with the safari and the routes along the way there.
Also due to it being Japanese, I didn’t realise I needed to chat more with Jasmine before I could ask for the medicine in Cianwood City gah.

After finally going back and forth between the sea, I gave the Pokemon their medicine and have access to the safari. I sadly killed the Kingler in the Cliff Caves, but never fear, for I found and caught Taorus at Route 48 called Yuzuru!
And I still have Route 47 to handle as well~! Route 47: Seel (Yukina)

I decided to finally go face to face with the fighting gym leader: Which I wish I could punch his annoying face.

rsz_1rsz_bugsy_1.png

My team:

Alakazam (Hanue) Level 30
Magneone (Masami) Level 31
Electrode (Sparkle) Level 30
Heracross (Yuji) Level 24
Crobat (Satoshi) Level 25
Bellossom (Sachie) Level 30

He sends out his Primeape and I bring out Alakazam~
Alakazam uses psybeam first and kills him instantly. Okay :3

I decided to switch to Electrode while he brings out his Poliwrath. I believe Poliwrath uses focus punch but because electrode uses spark it doesn't work. He now hypnosis’s my pokemon DX I decide to use a full heal. He then tries to focus his attack, and it hits and gets Electrode in the 10HP I use a hyper potion!
He focuses his attack and does it again and i am now on 1HP **** i use spark again, but it doesn't kill him.
He uses body slam which killed Electrode ;_; I decide to bring out Alakazam again
Chuck uses hyper potion damn. Alakzam uses a psy beam and gets him in yellow, I use one more psybeam and he is finally down.

I really wish Electrode didn't die, but he was extremely helpful DX RIP My Sparkle.
Now thinking of it, I could’ve just Alakazam but I wanted to try out my other Pokemon ;_:

All my Pokemon I have so far and levels: Well not the ones mentioned above.

Golem (Level 28)
Quagsire (Level 27)
Butterfree (Level 23)
Tarous (Level 24)
Seel (Level 13)
Nidorina (Level 26)
Krabby (Level 20)
Gengar (Level 25)
Raticate (Level 25)
Quilava (Level 22)
Umbreon (Level 24)
Nidorino (Level 24)
Koffing (Level 19)
Hoothoot (Level 18)
Beedrill (Level 23)

So as you can see, I have a lot of training to do. I also haven't gotten one in the Safari just yet as I was waiting for daytime. So here'shoping I can grab something there~!
I am more focused on the Ice gym, which I know I could probably use Megnezone, and maybe my Heracross if I am quicker. So just need to level up some more honestly. Maybe level up Quagsire for the Steel gym as well. And it would be really nice to level up Seel for when I fight against the Dragon gym!!

Final update on my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge! I ended up defeating Team Plasma and Ghetsis. Colress was actually more scary than Ghetsis this time around, but thankfully relying on Jiro the Aggron a lot made sure I would make it through in one piece. I then explored route 23 and battled trainers, and then Audino trained some.

Finally it was time for Victory Road. I have to admit I didn't take on ALL of the trainers in Victory Road simply because it wasn't necessary exp-wise, and I was more afraid of losing a team member to someone there. So I took the quickest route to the Pokemon League. My rival challenged me just before I was about to enter, but was no match for me and I made quick work of him.

I then healed up, bought more Full Restores, and headed in to challenge the Elite Four. I was able to defeat all four of them without losing anyone thanks to careful strategy, healing, and switching out a lot. I then walked up the longest staircase ever to challenge Champion Iris to battle.

Started off by sending out Selkie the Lapras and took her Hydreigon out with several Ice Beams. Selkie's ability being Shell Armor really helped out a lot in this challenge. She then sent out her Druddigon, so I switched to Intelli the Reuniclus and took it out with several Psychics. She then switched to her strongest, Haxorus, so I switched back to Selkie and healed as she did before taking it out with several Ice Beams. Then she sent out Aggron, so I switched into Bakugo the Darmanitan and used a super strong and effective Superpower to take it out in one hit. She then sent out Lapras, so I risked switching to my Serperior, Deku, and used Leaf Blade. Unfortunately it survived, but used Sing. Not wanting to lose Deku, I switched to Amajiki the Absol and finished her Lapras off with a Night Slash. Now down to just her Archeops, I switched to my own Aggron, Jiro, and took it out with a super effective Rock Slide!

And thus, I DID IT! I WON the Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge and achieved a four-peat, AKA four Nuzlocke victories in a row. I have beat a Nuzlocke on Pokemon White, Platinum, SoulSilver, and White 2 now without suffering a single loss in-between. I'm pretty sure I'm a Nuzlocke challenge expert at this point, which is awesome.

When I next play I'll be resuming my Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke as that's the only gen I haven't beat a challenge in yet. Until next time. See ya!

Champion:
Riley

Gym badges: 8

Current team:

Deku the Serperior (M), Lv. 63
Selkie the Lapras (M), Lv. 62
Bakugo the Darmanitan (M), Lv. 63
Amajiki the Absol (M), Lv. 62
Intelli the Reuniclus (F), Lv. 63
Jiro the Aggron (F), Lv. 63

Deaths:

Boxes:

Ryukyu the Piloswine (F), Lv. 44

UqlBert.jpg

h6Zq3b2.jpg

Double post in-coming~! I was wondering if I should make a LONG post or two seperate posts, and I decided two different posts.
I went through the caves, and came out into Ruins, where I caught Natu (Nanako)
Sadly, I was trying to leave the caves, and came upon a Golbat, and thought my Butterfree could easily take it on, but she fainted. RIP my poor baby.

I trained my Pokemon through some trainers in the caves leading to the area where you can find Lapras, which helped a lot as they were at least a challenge and gave my Pokemon the much needed exp points.

I then took my Magnezone on an ice rink to defeat literally ALL the trainers there, which was such a pleasant surprise on my end. That Jynx was something I was worried about. But Magnezone killed it instantly.
We stopped once the only one left was the gym leader, as I wanted to level Magnezone and Quagsire to Level 35, and Quilava to Level 30.
After finally grinding in the same cave on some wild encounters (those Golbats and Raticates are asking for blood), I quickly went to the safari to catch an encounter. Now I do not know fully the proper rules when it comes to the Safari, so I only went to one of the square areas and caught one Pokemon, so I got this guy!

Safari (Savannah): Rhyhorn (Yama)

I then decided to go up against the Steel Gym!

rsz_bugsy.png

Quilava: Level 30
Nidorina: Level 26
Quagsire: Level 35
Golem: Level 29
Heracross: Level 26
Nidorino: Level 24

I swear I tripled saved before starting this:

Out comes Anzu, my Quilava; and out comes Magnemite.
Anzu goes first using flame wheel, and get Magenmite's HP in the red. Magnemite decides to thunderwave me, fine whatever. But then Jasmine heals Magnemite, and I miss my move. Grand.
We both miss our moves??
Magnemite I believe uses thunderbolt (but like I vaguely remember seeing a No.10 next to it for some reason?) Anzi isn’t in the best of health, but he uses flame wheel and kills Magnemite!

Now she wants to bring out her Steelix, and I don’t feel all that great. But sure, time to bring out Quagsire!
Quagsire starts with a surf, getting Steelix’s health in the red. Steelix uses it’s berry, and uses sandstorm.My Quagsire is probably snickering.
One more surf and Steelix is down!!

But now, I have a problem. Anzu is too beat up to continue fighting against her other Magnemite. So maybe, it might be better to use someone else who hasn’t gone yet? I decide to bring out Golem.

Golem decides to miss it’s move, and Magnemite uses super sonic, making Golem hurt itself in the process. Uses sonic boom twice and I heal Golem twice.
Another sonic boom, Golem then goes first and gets a hit in finally. I heal straight after. For I have to plan after another sonic boom.

Uses rock blast!! Only two hits though, and it hardly did anything. Golem goes first with strength, does a bit more and I think Magnemite misses its move? Or was trying to use an electric move on a rock/ground Pokemon.
I use strength again, because I forgot I gave Golem the HM strength, and get’s Magnemites health in the red! Yay! And another sonic boom.
JASMINE USES HER POTION AGAIN GAH.
I use strength, and heal my Pokemon. I’m sure she’s out of potions now? But I am not haha. Sonic boom, Strength, sonic boom, and I heal Golem again.
Now I understand I could’ve switched to another Pokemon, but honestly that switching scares me since we miss a chance to fight, and I don’t always like the odds of doing that.

I use strength again, Magnemite uses supersonic and Golem gets hurt in confusion, along with dealing with yet another sonic boom. I heal for it pleases me. Another sonic boom! Seriously, when will the PP finish? Golem with his quick claw goes first, and it lands a hit. Magnemite tries and fails to attack me with something. Golem is finally out of concussion and uses strength to faint this bloody Magnemite!!

Boi, this was a long fight. But this time, none of my Pokemon fainted!
Post automatically merged:

Now, I then decided to go against the Ice gym instantly. Am I looking forward to this? Not really, but honestly I do have a great team of Pokemon on my end.

rsz_bugsy_2.png

Magnezone: Level 35
Quagsire: Level 35
Nidorina: Level 26
Alakazam: Level 30
Heracross: Level 36
Golem: Level 29

I didn’t really want to chance anything with having Anzu in the ice gym, so I left them in the boxes.
Because, honestly this gym leader really packs a well deserving team, that can go up against the type advantages that are super effective against ice. Like, good on him but I am not having Anzu in this fight.
My two main Pokemon for this fight are Magnezone and Quagsire~

I sent out Magnezone, and he sent out his Seel. Magnezone uses spark and kills it instantly.
This is where he wants to bring out his Piloswine, so out comes Quagsire! I believe Piloswine uses blizzard, which wasn’t nice at all! We surf up, and get Piloswine in the red. He then eats the berry, cool beans.
Another blizzard, bringing Quagsure’s HP to 30! That worried me, but Quagsire has enough strength to surf once more, and Piloswine is down!
I switch back to Magnezone, and he brings out Dewgong. Dewgong uses an Aurora move, and we use spark. I was tempted to use my steel type move against Dewgong, but went for another spark because right before this he decided to rest. Drat.
Although the Spark is enough to kill Dewgong instantly!!

Once I leave, I get a phone call. From who? It’s in Japanese, so I dunno, but I understand that the next point of action is to fly to Goldenrod City again. But until I trained my other Pokemon, I shall be avoiding flying there.
Lemmie show off who else I have in boxes:

Raticate (Level 25) / Natu (Level 24, seriously why doesn’t this Pokemon have any attacking moves!?!) / Bellossom (Level 30) / Togekiss (Level 25) / Krabby (Level 20) / Crobat (Level 25) / Umbreon (Level 24) / Koffing (Level 19) / Beedrill (Level 23) / Gengar (Level 25) / Seel (Level 16) and Rhyhorn (Level 17)

Seel, and Rhyhorn are my main focus, to get them to a higher point before fighting any Team Rocket grunts. These grunts don’t really help when they all have the similar Pokemon as the rest of them. Gah. I’ll do my best.

Update! I decided to turn my Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke into a Pokemon Violet legendary/mythical playthrough for my last run of it, and I already transferred up my Pokemon from and deleted all my older Pokemon game files.

This means that I'm probably done with Nuzlockes for a good while, especially since I've beat one in every generation/region except for Scarlet/Violet for a total of 11 Nuzlocke/Wonderlocke/etc victories. I'm definitely a master at this by now.

Until next time. See ya!

Screenshot 2024-03-07 15.50.52.png

For the upcoming Pokemon Z-A, and since I never really finished my other X and Y games; why not do a little nuzlocke?!?
I plan to do another nuzlocke on Y in the near future, when we’re close to the time Z-A comes out.

Name: Felicity (Felye)
I started my game at night, and quickly rushed off to the smaller town to get my Fennekin.

Fennekin (Male), Called Torchwood, Naive Nature, Blaze Ability. (Met at Aquacorde Town)

I was tempted to try out Froakie or Chespin, but I have a choice to think about for Pokemon Y, later on. Shauna wanted to fight, and as per usual defeated her weakened type advantage against Torchwood. Funnily enough, her Chespin was a girl, how lucky for her~

After going back to give the strange letter to my mum, she gladly pushes us out of the house to start our adventure.
I find it strange how she thought it was a love letter, since in the game it says our dad gave us our laptops and not in the matter as if he was dead or anything. Rhyhorn came to say goodbye, and I’ve always loved the lil beast sitting in our front garden. Shaking the land, imagine if it was a Rhyperior. XD
As I usually do, and I guess it’s the only reason for this small town existing, I grabbed some potions and pokeballs. And headed out through the small cuts of grass of Route 2.

Route 2: Pidgey (Female) Named Blueberry, Docile Nature, Keen Eye Ability.
After going back to heal, I met up with the other local kids; who decided I was at starter level, and taught me how to catch a pokemon, without noticing I had another Pokeball on my belt. I guess the good thing is more Pokeballs from them.

After training Pidgey to Level 5, we started our first trainer match between a youngster. It’s Zigzagoon enjoyed a good tail whip; a move that I kinda fear in the first few minutes of the game. I had to switch out to Torchwood for the end bit, but it allowed both my partners to level up.

We’re in the forest!! I forget it’s name, but it reminds me of Kanto too much. The only difference is that we have Shauna to walk around with, and through the fears of Sinnoh; I thought she would cause a double battle, but I was gladly proven wrong. She can also heal me, it’s such a blessing!

Santalune Forest: Weedle…Why.. (Female), Named TreeSap, Nature Docile, Swarm Ability.
I decided to train a little bit since I have a walking Pokecenter with me, and TreeSap already evolved into Kakuna.

Once we got to route 3, Calem gave us adventure rules; thanks, I’ll never read them 😀

Route 3: Azurill (Female) Yogiegg, Bashful Nature, Thick Fat Ability WHHHHHYYYY I wanted someone newwwww…I guess it being part fae is okay.

After getting to the city, I decided to just train my Pokemon in Route 22 before the gym. And eventually grabbed:

Route 22: Bunnelby (Male) Named Baxter, Timid Nature, Cheek Pouch Ability
Finally another Kalos Pokemon~ Funnily enough, I always call these guys Baxter. After defeating all the trainers, as well as the roller skater in front of the gym; I went in to train against the gym trainers.
God, I forgot how much I really love the roller skates.
I decided not to go back (can you go back?), and healed and just went straight up against the first Gym Leader~

Screenshot 2024-03-07 15.47.54.png

My Team:
- Fennekin (LV 11)
- Beedrill (LV 10)
- Pidgey (LV 11)
- Bunnelby (LV 8)
- Azurill (LV 8)

I love Viola so much~
How do I know if she’s single or not?

Anyways, she brings out Surskit, and I bring out Pidgey.
Surskit uses bubble, Pidgey uses gust. Another bubble, but Pidgey is stronger, and a strong gust of wind faints Surskit~!

Now for Vivillon.
Out comes Fennekin.
Vivillon uses tackle, and Torchwood embered. I use a potion since Fennekin was a little low beforehand. We have another tackle.
Vivillon is quicker and uses infestation! I dunno why, but this move looks so cool
But not as cool as Torchwood’s ember that fainted Vivillon~!

First gym badge down~
*Forgot to mention, so I decided to turn off the item that allows our Pokemon to level up without fighting.*

um...
Screenshot 2024-03-10 01.04.31.png

my pokemon game feels kinda dirty because of this i dunno why.
I will continue of course.
I might just do what I normally do and catch the Snorlax but its not for this game. And then get a random encounter
(lol, recently, my random pokemon rates have been so soggy)

Continuing on my adventure, I decided to go through Cycling Road to feast on the EXP of the trainers there. At the North end of the Cycling Road, there's one of those big two-story buildings with binoculars. On the top floor is a couple who talk about being excited to go on a nice, relaxing ride on their new bikes. But right outside the building is no less than like 6 punks staked out ready to mug you for your bike. Seriously: "Nice bike, hand it over!" If you ask me, the lovey dovey couple are totally in cahoots with the bike gang.

On the subject of the bikers, I miss the aggressive nature of old school trainers. They're are all so mildly friendly in the modern age, so I have to appreciate NPCs like this biker who hilariously says: "I get my kicks by harassing people with my stinking Pokemon." I also have to give props to another biker with one of my favorite lines of dialogue ever in a Pokemon game: "Life's too short. It's cool to live as an outlaw. TEAM ROCKET RULES!" They sure do, random Biker... they sure do.

Speaking of Team Rocket, I like that they're blockading some of the buildings in Saffron City, but not all of them for some reason. I can just see the conversation about it going down like this:

Rocket Grunt: Chief! We just finished blocking off the Gym, what should be next? The Pokemon Center, or maybe Mr. Psychic's house... you know, the guy who gives away free TMs of the incredibly powerful attack that's super effective against like 70% of the Pokemon we use?
Rocket Admin: Of course not. Blocking the house of that annoying Copycat girl is our top priority!!

I like that they didn't even care to bother with blockading the fighting dojo. Fighting Pokemon may be tough, but a match for my beloved bird Pokemon, they were not! Squaark!
(Sorry, my inner Ixal tends to take over sometimes...)

Into the Silph Co. building I went... and there, I experienced my first casualty. I underestimated Gary's Charizard, and it one-shot my Farfetch'd with Flamethrower. He was one level beneath Charizard, but I was still kind of shocked. Ironically, I was just thinking earlier that I had overleveled my Pokemon and was a little concerned that the remainder of the game was going to be too easy. Alas... I will take his stick with me to the Elite Four so that he can be a champion in spirit.

I took the subsequent battles with Giovanni and Sabrina more seriously and didn't have any further problems.
On an unrelated note, why does Sabrina have a Venomoth?? Even if they didn't want to give her a Starmie or Jynx because those are considered Misty's and Lorelei's Pokemon respectively, there's still Hypno, Exeggutor, Slowbro... Oh well, at least it made Fearow's work a little easier.

Time to add a new member to my team. I wanted an auxiliary Surf mon just in case something terribly unforeseen happens to my Seaking. I decided to go with the gift Lapras from the Silph. Co scientist. Something tells me that I'm going to need it to take on Charizard in the future... (I know it's part ice type, but at least Lapras has much more bulk than poor Farfetch'd)

Next time will be the journey to Cinnabar Island!

----

Trainer
: Ruthie

Gym Badges: 6

Current Team:
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 51
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 47
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 45
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 39
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 39
Waterbeast the Lapras (M), Lv. 25

Deaths:
CH'DING the Farfetch'd (M), Lv. 39

Boxes:

The ocean voyage to Cinnabar Island was largely uneventful. Well, there was that poor bird-tamer who's now stuck on a tiny island with apparently no way of escaping now that I beat him. Does he know he can still use HMs on fainted Pokemon? Or is this a nuzlocke for the enemy trainers too and he's just stranded there forever? I guess I just won't worry about it.

I really like Cinnabar Island, mostly because of all of the Missingno-related memories associated with that place. On that note... they should have allowed it to remain in the remake. I would have definitely added one to my party at some point!

While making my way through Cinnabar Mansion, more questions crop up in my mind. Like... why is the gym locked in the first place? Why is the key in this dilapidated manor? Why are the gym trainers just chilling inside the gym even though no challengers can possibly enter? And on that note, how did my cheating rival end up having defeated Blaine while the key is hidden away in the manor?? Maybe some NPC had an answer to every one of these questions but I wasn't paying enough attention while speaking to the island residents so I guess the answers will forever be lost to time...

A question I do know the answer to is "can a fish defeat a wolf"? The answer is absolutely. I (and Blaine) witnessed it myself, as my courageous Seaking took down his team, even weathering a critical hit from his Rapidash. I exited the gym, wondering what Pokemon I might next add to my team, when Bill met me outside and invited me accompany him to One Island. I didn't know whether or not I would be "but thou must"'d if I attempted to say no to his request, so I figured I would just go with it. I made my way to the first grass wondering what I might find. Another Pidgey or Spearow? Or something cool, evolved, and (hopefully) over level 25? All of my wishes were granted, as the first wild Pokemon I encountered happened to be a Rapidash. My Venusaur was a little less excited to see it than I was, but we managed to catch it without any traumatizing fire-related incidents. This is my first time experiencing the Sevii Islands plotline, so I'm excited to see what happens next!

----

Trainer

Gym Badges: 7

Current Team:
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 54
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 48
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 48
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 43
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 47
Waterbeast the Lapras (M), Lv. 45

Deaths:

Boxes:
Nellie the Rapidash (F), Lv. 40

I traveled all the way to Mt. Ember from the One Island Pokemon Center thinking that was progression, only to find that it was, in fact, an entirely optional detour with Moltres at the end and that I was simply supposed to take a boat to Two Island. Oh well, I'll never say no to extra exp for my team!

I want to take some time to complain about Gamefreak (one of my favorite hobbies). They added Rock Smash to this game (I guess to be more congruent with RSE?) and I was somewhat surprised to see that it has a base power of 20. Like... why? Why make an HM that's actually weaker than Tackle???
While I'm fussing at Gamefreak... if we have to (while playing a gen III game) be living in a dark world where the physical/special move split hasn't happened yet, why on earth did they decide to make ghost always physical and dark always special? I feel like that should have been reversed. It's especially cruel to poor Gengar. Alas.

After beating up a bunch of bikers and rescuing the poorly named Lostelle from William Afton a wild Hypno, I found myself escorted back to Cinnabar Island again. I must make mention of the biker gang leader on Three Island who caught me off guard with yet another exploding Pokemon; this time a Weezing who almost reduced my poor Pidgeot to delicious spreadable topping (she survived with 14 HP). Will I ever learn to switch to Gengar when Weezing shows up?? Maybe someday...

A short swim later and I was back on the mainland, ready to take on Giovanni. I was surprised to see that his highest leveled Pokemon is a level 50 Rhyhorn... not a Rhydon, but a Rhyhorn. I wondered if it had something like eviolite? Nope. Then I wondered if it was always a Rhyhorn. Also no; in RBY he has a Rhydon instead. So... what gives? Giovanni is the final gym leader, he deserves better than to be nerfed in such a way! Regardless, Venusaur made short work of his team and I won my final badge.

For my final Pokemon, I picked up the Eevee from Celadon City and evolved it into a Jolteon. I remember most of Lorelei's Pokemon being half water, so it will be nice to have something not weak to ice to take them down with. Once I level it up, it will be time to take on a very annoying dungeon and then the Elite Four!

----

Trainer

Gym Badges: 8

Current Team:
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 58
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 51
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 51
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 46
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 47
Adam the Jolteon (M), Lv. 25

Deaths:

Boxes:
Waterbeast the Lapras (M), Lv. 46
Nellie the Rapidash (F), Lv. 40

hahahhhhh guess has to redo pokemon x already ;_: damn double Furfou battle was annoying!!
Lemmie show you what I did have to show:

Route 4: Combee (Male) Triofailo, Hasty Nature, Honey Gather Ability (3 bees, and male so it’s a fail, get it?)
Hnnnnnnnnnhghn, my luck isn’t in it this nuzlocke. For my knowledge, Combee doesn’t really get ANY moves…..so if needed, he be used as a punch bag.

After fighting the trainers on Route 4, I went to Lumiose City, getting myself ready for the Professor. Honestly, that’s so cool how you get to battle a Professor.
I thought Beedrill could be useful against Bulbasaur, but his leech seed was taking away the damage I already did, so I switched to Fennekin and fire blasted it dead.
And then I again, thought Bunnelby could do well against Squirtle, but that wasn’t doing well; so I then switched with Pidgey and defeated it. It least Azurill didn’t have a problem against his Charmaner.

Lumiose City: Squirtle (Male), Qwoser, Serious Nature, Torrent Ability

AYO WHO IS THIS HIP HOP DANCER WITH HIS CORPHISH; WHY IS THIS CORPHISH ANNOYING.
I dunno why, but I had such an awful time against this thing. I guess after his sword dance, it made it easier to hurt my Pokemon more, but my moves weren’t doing at all on this thing. I had to keep.switching.OUT, and healing.
I did eventually defeat him, but not without losing Azurill to this thing. I am so MAD.

I guess he really did get me dancing, with all the swapping out Pokrmon like crazy.

After going back to heal, and revisit where I was, I went to the purple flowers and caught:

OMFG ITS A GULPIN HOARD

Route 5: Gulpin (Male), Named Acid Reflux, Naughty Nature, Liquid Ooze Ability

After training my pokemon, and defeating the other trainers in this area, I got to the next city, the town of people who love giving me things.
We find Shauna, and there’s a rumour of something appearing again in route 7, so we go have a look at a cute Snorlax sleeping. As per usual, a lovely song is the only thing to bring it out of its sleep, so we go to route 6 towards the castle to get it back.
After defeating some trainers, I ran into the grass chanting ‘Sword sword sword sword’ (wanted Honedge) I ran into:

Route 6: Kecleon (Technicolour), Male, Rash Nature, Colour Change Ability

Why is my luck so bad in this game? I’ve never used Honedge in my other games, and I ain’t planning on redoing them. Drat. Kecleon is 5%!! 5%!!!

Oh well DX
Hopefully redoing it will let me get a chance for pokemon more based around kalos region; i think thats what I was lacking in this nuzlocke.
I didnt even see what happen with the frufou battle, i saw it wasnt lookig good so turned it off. Drat.

So annoyed I didn't get far in this. Here's hoping for next time!!

With all eight badges in tow, it was finally time to make my way to the Elite Four. After a tough-as-nails fight against my rival and his stupidly powerful Charizard, we had a relatively uneventful journey through Victory Road and spent some time leveling up without incident.

... Is what's what I'd like to say, but I actually ended up losing my Lapras because I wasn't paying attention to the level of a wild Machoke I encountered and it landed a critical hit with Cross Chop (I also forgot that fighting is super effective against ice), resulting in a OHKO. Regrettable, of course, but at least I still had Seaking and Jolteon to help fight Charizard in the final battle.

After some more leveling, I felt I was ready to take on the Elite Four. This was my team at the time (Fearow is holding CH'DING's beloved stick):
Nuzlocke E4 1.png

We started off doing well, defeating Lorelei without incident. However, I ended up losing my precious Venusaur in the fight against Bruno, due to yet another critical hit - this time Hitmonlee with Mega Kick. But even though I had lost my highest leveled Pokemon, I was not to be deterred. I went on to defeat Agatha and Lance (Gengar was a true MVP during these battles), and even defeated my rival without having to lose another Pokemon (which I was very worried about, especially because I underestimated just how high level his team would be). Thanks to Jolteon's high Special Defense, the battle was won!

Nuzlocke E4 2.png

We gathered around Professor Oak's machine to record our victory, with our whole team joining the vaunted Hall of Fame as Champions... but one of them would never see it.

Nuzlocke E4 3.png

The atmosphere became quite solemn. Even my rival dropped his usual brash facade.
But then - all of a sudden, the Miracle Seed Guavpricot had been holding this whole time began to glow and shake!
The seed was sprouting at an amazing pace! Eventually it took the form of...
Nuzlocke E4 4.png

... a newborn Bulbasaur!
Professor Oak said that it was theorized that the Miracle Seed was capable of such a thing, but that it had never been documented before. Naturally, everyone was quite stunned.
I named him Champricot in honor of his legendary progenitor.

Nuzlocke E4 5.png

And with that, my first Nuzlocke Pokemon Adventure comes to an end. In the end, I really enjoyed it; I definitely never felt quite as nervous facing off against the Elite Four before! I would like to do more Nuzlockes in the future, maybe either Crystal or Heartgold next. That probably won't be for a while, though; my next goal is a Ribbon Masters challenge with Zapdos (maybe I'll post my progress on that here as well).
For now, onward to the Sevii Islands!

----

Trainer

Current Team:
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 54
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 54
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 57
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 57
Adam the Jolteon (M), Lv. 55
Champricot the Bulbasaur (M), Lv. 5

Deaths:
Waterbeast the Lapras (M), Lv. 48
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 60

Boxes:
Nellie the Rapidash (F), Lv. 42

With all eight badges in tow, it was finally time to make my way to the Elite Four. After a tough-as-nails fight against my rival and his stupidly powerful Charizard, we had a relatively uneventful journey through Victory Road and spent some time leveling up without incident.

... Is what's what I'd like to say, but I actually ended up losing my Lapras because I wasn't paying attention to the level of a wild Machoke I encountered and it landed a critical hit with Cross Chop (I also forgot that fighting is super effective against ice), resulting in a OHKO. Regrettable, of course, but at least I still had Seaking and Jolteon to help fight Charizard in the final battle.

After some more leveling, I felt I was ready to take on the Elite Four. This was my team at the time (Fearow is holding CH'DING's beloved stick):
View attachment 551398

We started off doing well, defeating Lorelei without incident. However, I ended up losing my precious Venusaur in the fight against Bruno, due to yet another critical hit - this time Hitmonlee with Mega Kick. But even though I had lost my highest leveled Pokemon, I was not to be deterred. I went on to defeat Agatha and Lance (Gengar was a true MVP during these battles), and even defeated my rival without having to lose another Pokemon (which I was very worried about, especially because I underestimated just how high level his team would be). Thanks to Jolteon's high Special Defense, the battle was won!

View attachment 551403

We gathered around Professor Oak's machine to record our victory, with our whole team joining the vaunted Hall of Fame as Champions... but one of them would never see it.

View attachment 551404

The atmosphere became quite solemn. Even my rival dropped his usual brash facade.
But then - all of a sudden, the Miracle Seed Guavpricot had been holding this whole time began to glow and shake!
The seed was sprouting at an amazing pace! Eventually it took the form of...
View attachment 551405

... a newborn Bulbasaur!
Professor Oak said that it was theorized that the Miracle Seed was capable of such a thing, but that it had never been documented before. Naturally, everyone was quite stunned.
I named him Champricot in honor of his legendary progenitor.

View attachment 551406

And with that, my first Nuzlocke Pokemon Adventure comes to an end. In the end, I really enjoyed it; I definitely never felt quite as nervous facing off against the Elite Four before! I would like to do more Nuzlockes in the future, maybe either Crystal or Heartgold next. That probably won't be for a while, though; my next goal is a Ribbon Masters challenge with Zapdos (maybe I'll post my progress on that here as well).
For now, onward to the Sevii Islands!

----

Trainer

Current Team:
Numget the Fearow (F), Lv. 54
Hotbiscuit the Pidgeot (F), Lv. 54
Treat the Gengar (F), Lv. 57
Miraura the Seaking (F), Lv. 57
Adam the Jolteon (M), Lv. 55
Champricot the Bulbasaur (M), Lv. 5

Deaths:
Waterbeast the Lapras (M), Lv. 48
Guavpricot the Venusaur (M), Lv. 60

Boxes:
Nellie the Rapidash (F), Lv. 42

HUGE congrats on your first Nuzlocke victory!! 🥳

I went ahead and added your surviving team to the OP's Hall of Fame list. Again, congrats!

Screenshot 2024-04-02 06.17.14.png
Again......!!​

Welp, let's try this again.
For the upcoming Pokemon Z-A, and since I never really finished my other X and Y games; why not do a little nuzlocke?!?
I plan to do another nuzlocke on Y in the near future, when we’re close to the time Z-A comes out.

Name: Felicity (Felye)
I quickly rushed off to the smaller town to get my Fennekin.

Aquacorde Town: Fennekin (Female) - Torchwood, Docile Nature, Blaze Ability​

Me and Shauna battled, we both have female Pokemon~! How cute! Is this a good omen? After giving the letter to my mum, I ran to Route 2. I didn't buy any Poke balls this time. And competely ignored the first Pidgey.

Route 2: Weedle (Male) - Paprika, Lonely Nature, Shield Dust Ability​
Welp, it least I can find something else in the forest. I decided to train it up, and evolve it and defeat the trainer before heading off into the forest. Just incase I find Kakuna randomally.

Santalune Forest: Caterpie (Male) - Seth, Hardy Nature, Shield Dust Ability....​

Good god, why? Urk, okay I guess I gotta train this lil' guy. Here, a simple Panpour battle.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 00.00.57.png
....omg I feel so bad!! I need to multitask sometimes, and I look back and see the faint happen before my eyes. I feel so bad, I am so sorry Seth.

Route 3: Pidgey (Male) - Jitters, Careful Nature, Keen Eye Ability.​
We meet again, Pidgey. But I like you more now. Because it's less toxic. And yes, that name is because of a certain villager. :) I decided not to fight anyone just yet, because I rather grab another Pokemon where I can so I can train them all together.

Route 22: Bunnelby (Male) - Baxter, Bashful Nature, Cheek Pouch Ability.​
I trained against all the trainers, and trained in the forest a tiny bit, to get my Pokemon at a level I was happy with before we fought against the gym trainers; and finally Viola.

--------------

rsz_screenshot_2024-04-05_122309.png

Team:
Beedrill - LV 11
Bunnelby - LV 11
Pidgey - LV 12
Fennekin - LV 12

Up for another challenge, Viola?

Beedrill Vs. Surskit​
Surskit uses quick attack, and Paprika uses poison sting - already poisoning it.
Paprika using fury attack, but sadly misses. Surskit uses water sport; and gets hurt by the sting.
Paprike uses fury attack, and this time it works~ With another sting, Surskit's HP is in the red.
Of course, just when I'm close to defeating her, Viola uses a potion on Surskit. Paprika uses poison sting, hurting Surskit in the end.
Paprika goes first, and Surskit puts Paprike's HP in the red with Bubble. I decided to use a potion, just when Surskit uses quick attack.
One last poison sting, and Surskit fainted~

Fennekin Vs. Vivillion​
Vivillon uses harden, just to be more difficult. Torchwood does some damage with her ember.
A tackle, and Torchwood embers Vivillon in the red.
Vivillon uses infestation, and I change tactics to use scratch; but it doesn't faint.
Vivillion uses tackle, and Torchwood fights back with a scratch - Vivillon faints~!

Honestly, what a good battle! Probably, better than the original one? I really love her Bug Badge.

--------------​

After healing, and tripple saving - not that it matters - I ran to Route 4, I believe I went into the yellow flowers last time, so instead I jumped into the red flowers to find Flabebe!!!
OMG OK PAPRIKA DON'T -

Screenshot 2024-04-05 15.13.39.png
Route 4: Flabebe killed by Poison Sting
Okay, lemmie explain my reasoning here. I thought, if I did fury attack, it would've done more damage, and yeah I realised poison is too effective against fairy - damnit.
More mad, because I knew Flabebe knew grass moves, that would take out that awful Corphish.
I mean, I guess there will be more chances to get one, so just focus on fighting the trainers for now. I get to the city, and quickly head off to fight the Professor. Wish we could fight more Professors.

I used Pidgey against Bulbasaur.
Gust wasn't doing my birb justice, and Bulbasaur made it worse by leech seeding my birb. With a few tackles, vine whips and growls I had to heal my Jitters, and gust finally brought Bulbasaur down.

I brought Baxter out against Squirtle.
A few tackles on both sides, a water gun, and Baxter knocks him down with a tackle. I decide to keep Baxter in for Charmander. He embers, and tackle gets Charmander down past half it's health. A scary scratch puts Baxter in the red, and so is Charmander. But don't worry, Baxter knows quick attack. Phew.

Again, I pick Squirtle (Male) - Quiver, Brave Nature, Torrent Ability​

I took more time to train before going to Route 5, because I knew who was going to be there with their blasted Corphish. Lol, I didn't get time to save, to make me feel better.
Anyways, my Jitters is Lv 15, so I shouldn't have anything to fear from a Lv 12 Corphish, right?
Jitters tackles, and he vice grips as I tried using sand attack, but it giving no help what so ever.
THIS, THIS IS WHAT I MEAN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE SWORD DANCE AND THE MOMENT HE USES IT HE KILLS JITTERS!
WHO ARE YOU TIERNO - Baxter kills it - NO DON'T LOOK SAD I HATE THIS GUY SO MUCH.
Maybe if I attacked instead of used the sand attack if might've helped?

Due to stress, I should've moved onwards to get a new Pokemon via the purple grass; but I saw an item via the rollar skate bar; and didn't realise I couldn't go back up. So, I had to go through the grass again, and this time I wasn't as lucky and got an encounter.

Route 5: Dodou (Male) - Peri-Peri, Hasty Nature, Run Away Ability. Oh hey, look at that I needed a new birb pokemon!​
Route 5 saw the death, and gifted me with another birb.

I train my pokemon in the grass before getting to the other town. But there's nothing much here, so I head off to Route 7, turn to Route 6. Defeat the two trainers before I can get to the grass, and pray for that sword Pokemon.

Route 6: Keckleon (Female) - Technicolour, Naughty Nature, Colour Change​
Ability. 5% encounter again!! Are you serious!! This was the only place I could've gotten the sword guy ;_;

I decided after training my Squirtle and Fennekin, evolving them and buying more Pokeballs; I decided to just head off to grab the flute and fight Snorlax so I can move on. I caught Snorlax with not much hassle, and walked into the yellow flowers to find:

Route 7: Flabebe (Female) - Saffron, Gentle Nature, Flower Veil Ability~​
FINALLLYYYY I am SO hAPPY I got the orange flower too! So pretty, oh thats likea 4% encounter, I am sooo happy. But also so protective over this lil thing.

I'm gonna stop now, and do some training, before continuing on and finding the other gym leader.
Sorry this feels so long. XD

Back