• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The perfect tent placement

GingerLemon

Bells
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
How did you find the right spot for your tent? I really want my house to be in the northern section of the island so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't place a tent there yet as I couldn't jump over the rivers. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Did you want to be close to the beach? The plaza? The airport? What was it that influenced your placement? I'm really hoping I can move my tent at a later stage as I'm not super happy with it XD

You can check out my game play video exploring my map and pitching my tent here:

Please share a screenshot of your map so we can compare and discuss :D

Here's mine:

Map.jpg

Can you move your tent at a later point?
I mean I'm assuming you can since they didn't give you access to half the map. o.o;
I reallly wanna move my tent lol.

2020032014560700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted my house in that middle island but couldn't, so I just plopped it near the airport. I think you can move it later, so I'm not too worried about where it is right now.

I don't have a screenshot to share at the moment, but I had the same problem. I looked it up out of desperation, and basically the ladder is locked out until much after building your house. You can't move the tent position at all anyways, but houses can be relocated later according to Nook.

A while down the line, once Town Hall is built, I believe Isabelle will charge you a fee (30k I think) to move your home.

I picked an open field area not too close to anything else so I could place lots of furniture out front, but eventually I'll move to a hilltop in the northwest once I have access to the whole island.

ETkG0oGUYAEAgBT.jpg
I just kind of plopped myself in the bend of the river here. I anticipate moving it later.

Ghost - I am assuming you can move your tent! That would be pretty unfair otherwise :)

Colette - 30,000 to move your house!? Oh boy Isabelle is starting to sound like Tom Nook if she is charging crazy prices XD

Bricoleling - Wow your map is really nice! I love it! You managed to locate yourself fairly northern and in a beautiful bend in the river. That is really pretty :)

Back