• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The one year challenge

So much progress in Day 7!

Hvvw2Zl.jpg

8MtyK7Y.jpg

Leif is coming!

uKI5ASh.jpg

The island is coming!

FUieYCY.jpg

Rolf is here! And for some reason I mistook him for Leonardo yesterday, woops. Rolf is super cute :D

7QA8IZi.jpg

My house got bigger too! It's still pretty random, but I'm content with it till I can get some better furniture.

7eiITxB.jpg

Also snowboys are the worst.

5V4M3A4.jpg

And Chester is random as hell but I love him :blush:

Looking forward to bug hunting tomorrow :mad:

YOU GUYS

LOOK. AT. MY. PATHS.

HNI_0004.JPG

THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL I'M SO HAPPY. It took me forever to learn to do roses, and I didn't even really want to do roses, but like, oh my god, do you know how hard succulents are to pixelate. I had to watch like 3 cross-stitch tutorials on roses to get this right. I'm so pleased. (I've left the corners empty so I can do one succulent there later, since that's where the most space is. Compromise!).

I'm also really pleased with this section of my town:
HNI_0084.JPG

It's interchanging perfect peaches and blue hydrangeas, and then white cosmos lining it. I'm hoping to have white cosmos lining everywhere in town, eventually. I think. Not sure yet!

I got my campsite today, and finished funding for my second cobblestone bridge! I still really think I'm only going to have 2 bridges in the town. I've gotta remember to upload my map on the next update: it really doesn't need any more, it's quite something.

HNI_0003.JPG

And now, some miscellaneous photos under a spoiler!

The island is a lot of fun and so is the net trick:
HNI_0097.JPG
HNI_0100.JPG
Snow people are so difficult!! I didn't get the mam right at all and I just barely didn't get the tyke. So I guess tomorrow I'll be building a new Snowman, and work from there. I've never actually gotten the snowman matryoshka so I really want to do it!!

? Nookling Junction is expanding
? Kicks is still being built
? Zell moved in and is my new favorite because he sold me a genuine painting.
? Got my first badges for fishing and sea creatures.
? Have 26/30 sea creatures caught which means I don't have anything to dive for till March
? Met Pascal (why can't he be a villager?) and he traded me some pirate armor and a keg for some scallops.
? Started construction of the dream suite.

njxeNxF.jpg

8TMpbpk.jpg

ESVvoJg.jpg

rjgDIAQ.jpg

ONPfaVP.jpg

Bonus! As I was making this post I caught a coelacanth!

XEuGnSr.jpg

Yes, Pascal, yes it is.
thqBdTq.jpg

I'll make a little update now because I have a feeling that nothing too important will happen anymore today.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_zlCfzS7nxhkJJaf1We.jpg

Timmy and Tommy are reconstructing and Shampoodle's is being built.
Bianca is camping.

Last edited:
Guys! You should all listen to this new leaf song here. It's so good! Give us some motivation to play! Poor isabelle = (

YOU GUYS

LOOK. AT. MY. PATHS.

View attachment 82140

THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL I'M SO HAPPY. It took me forever to learn to do roses, and I didn't even really want to do roses, but like, oh my god, do you know how hard succulents are to pixelate. I had to watch like 3 cross-stitch tutorials on roses to get this right. I'm so pleased. (I've left the corners empty so I can do one succulent there later, since that's where the most space is. Compromise!).

I'm also really pleased with this section of my town:
View attachment 82141

It's interchanging perfect peaches and blue hydrangeas, and then white cosmos lining it. I'm hoping to have white cosmos lining everywhere in town, eventually. I think. Not sure yet!

I got my campsite today, and finished funding for my second cobblestone bridge! I still really think I'm only going to have 2 bridges in the town. I've gotta remember to upload my map on the next update: it really doesn't need any more, it's quite something.

View attachment 82142

And now, some miscellaneous photos under a spoiler!

The island is a lot of fun and so is the net trick:
View attachment 82143
View attachment 82144
Snow people are so difficult!! I didn't get the mam right at all and I just barely didn't get the tyke. So I guess tomorrow I'll be building a new Snowman, and work from there. I've never actually gotten the snowman matryoshka so I really want to do it!!

love those city paths!

? Nookling Junction is expanding
? Kicks is still being built
? Zell moved in and is my new favorite because he sold me a genuine painting.
? Got my first badges for fishing and sea creatures.
? Have 26/30 sea creatures caught which means I don't have anything to dive for till March
? Met Pascal (why can't he be a villager?) and he traded me some pirate armor and a keg for some scallops.
? Started construction of the dream suite.

njxeNxF.jpg

8TMpbpk.jpg

ESVvoJg.jpg

rjgDIAQ.jpg

ONPfaVP.jpg

Bonus! As I was making this post I caught a coelacanth!

XEuGnSr.jpg

Yes, Pascal, yes it is.
thqBdTq.jpg

your villagers have moved into the best possible pay! wow

--------------

sorry I haven't written any updates for Hell in the past few days, I've been playing but haven't had the chance to update

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of updates, have had terrible internet problems recently. I'm going to condense everything down because I've got to get off soon, luckily not much has happened :p Hope you all had a great weekend!

Queenie moved in, right on Portia's old spot. That'll teach me for forgetting to put down a PWP, sigh. I'm just going to re-arrange where I place the PWP, I'd rather keep Queenie and find another spot for the windmill.

The cafe opened up, and I'm happy with the spot I chose for it. I didn't go to the ceremony because I'm a horrible and/or lazy Mayor.

I've worked on enlarging certain rooms of my alt's houses. I don't plan on having maximum room sizes/or any basements, so the cost shouldn't be too much.

I laid down some paths, and planted a few bushes and trees I got in a trade last week.

The Dream Suite, Shampoodles and the Super Nooks (or whatever it's called) opened up, so Main Street is looking pretty dope atm.

I've also been working on my hybrids a little more, I have a nice bunch growing now, I usually get around 3 - 4 a day.

I got a few more PWP requests, solar panel, zen bench, and something else I can't remember.

Oh and I stopped Maple moving.

So as you can see, riveting stuff! I'm going to take some pics once the trees and bushes have grown, haven't posted any in a while and Taciturn is looking much more town-esque after my semi-hard work ^_^

Last edited:
This week in Flan

• my Nook's upgraded to Super T&T
• Shampoodles has opened
• Dream Suite has opened
• I forgot to visit KK slider and shrunk for the past like 2 days LOL
• I have set up most of a temporary path. Since I don't plan on keeping Ankha and Hamphrey, I have not paved near their homes. Also waiting for Blathers to recommend the cafe :p

Guys! You should all listen to this new leaf song here. It's so good! Give us some motivation to play! Poor isabelle = (
The feels u.u good song. Isabel was always constantly filling the void when I was TT'ing before, now I feel sorry for her lol

Time for Ivytree's update! For a more in depth update check out my tumblr, i'm just going to note the main things which have happened here! I've literally not made a single proper update so I will here:

Bam, Bill, Chow, Elise, Flurry, Joey, Kody, Mira, Tutu & Wolfgang!

I got 3 of my dreamies from other people giving them away for free or 50tbt, wolfgang, kody and bam <3 Bam moved right next to me on the map too! (Should probably do a map update at some stage)

tumblr_nislbnmgXb1u8kduko1_400.jpg

I finally got 100% on my approval rating, toke me AGES, I literally sent letters, planted trees, fished up litter, donated to museum, helped villagers and it was STUCK at 98%....so I left it a day and the next day it was auto 100% ??

I've also unlocked the garden shop and the island now <3 So i went and caught 100k worth of bugs so I could start buying turnips:

tumblr_nislh9USaN1u8kduko1_400.jpg

tumblr_nislt7W6CY1u8kduko2_400.jpg

Here's a small update on my house itself:

tumblr_nisle083171u8kduko1_400.jpg

tumblr_nisle083171u8kduko2_400.jpg

tumblr_nisle083171u8kduko3_400.jpg

I've started building my own hybrid gardens = 3 I've never done hybriding properly so I read up on it and i've tried to put it in an efficient way, let me know if i'm doing it WRONG:

tumblr_nislfflT071u8kduko1_400.jpg

IT WAS MY BIRTHHHHDDDAAAAYYYY <3<3

Tutu came to my house and grabbed me for my party =3 I can't remember what the present they gave me was though LOL so Bill, Tutu and Chow like me the most!

tumblr_nisllnNZQz1u8kduko1_400.jpg

tumblr_nisllnNZQz1u8kduko4_400.jpg

Uh...i'm 24 chow lol I'm already an adult XD

I had a very unproductive day today lol and my friend showed me a glitch to pass through bounds. I read people have used this to put town projects in the sea o.o

tumblr_nisly5E0U11u8kduko3_400.jpg

I actually glitched into swimming with this without a wet suit and caught 2 sea creatures but going along with the one year challenge, I felt personally this was cheating so I threw the creatures back when I caught them and didn't donate them to the museum. I'll catch them again properly. I was only glitching for fun but I don't plan to do this throughout the game to play"

tumblr_nisly5E0U11u8kduko9_400.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

The feels u.u good song. Isabel was always constantly filling the void when I was TT'ing before, now I feel sorry for her lol

Yea everyone who listens feels guilty for not playing the game lol *slowly turns on ac*

your villagers have moved into the best possible pay! wow
The random number generators have been kind to me. The only two that didn't move in nicely are Cherry and Barold. I really lucked out with where the starters were to be honest (three of the four grouped on the bottom left and the two north of Retail).

Keaton pinged to move which is good cause I don't like him, but bad because he moved in perfectly. He's the bottom left house.

I've made a tumblr blog specifically for this challenge. Perhaps at one point I could upload some pictures that EVERYONE has uploaded and stamp it "This is us 2015 One Year Challenge" and put up a picture everyone is proud of. I'm actually quite keen with this idea ^_^ Everyone should post a current screenshot of their town they want me to make into one big montage picture and i'll combine then and upload it ^_^

PS My tumblr link is in my sig. Make it a screenshot of something you're proud of!

I'm finally going to do the montage now YAY! For people who don't know what it was i've quoted my previous post, post a screengrab that you're proud of or something great about your town and i'll add it in! I'm going to go back through the WHOLE thread (yes i know) and take pictures I deem and make it into a huge montage to mark our 'almost first month over'. I'm not going to add any names to it. I'm going to blend all the images together. So far i'm just collecting images to go into the picture. I'm thinking i'm going to make it HUGE like 1366 x 720 or something like that, perhaps even 1920 x 1080 if I get enough pictures! Here's like an example of how it's going:

yHacuE.png

But in the end it will be blended and look like this wallpaper I made:

kIoVeg.jpg

I'll add everyone into it and it'll kind of be a where's wally kind of thing to find yourself in the picture! I'll keep making it for as long as I feel and then i'll finish the picture and title it "One Year Challenge - January 2015"

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH YEA, if you want your picture included ever post it here or pm me please!

Last edited:
Here is a collection of all the images i've found so far GEEZ. I got to page 129 and gave up XD since it was the same people posting. I've made one screen per person and labled the layers in photoshop so i can tell who's got a pic. Here's all of em so far:

Uwg6h7.jpg

Here's the Full Size Link

Last edited:
I should really post here more often...
hmm..

On a side note, Tucker moved away. On his birthday.
I kind of feel bad now.

Last edited:
Here is a collection of all the images i've found so far GEEZ. I got to page 129 and gave up XD since it was the same people posting. I've made one screen per person and labled the layers in photoshop so i can tell who's got a pic. Here's all of em so far:

Uwg6h7.jpg

I almost didnt recognize my own mayor haha, he has changed so much. anyway, this is a really cool idea :)

OMG i donated a painting to blathers with multiple fossils at the same time. He accepted all of it yet my painting hasn't been put up! What gives?

Oh great idea! :)
can you include this picture of my town? It's our first completed pwp and I think it'll be around for awhile lol
zlCfzS7un1UwAwJx7P

HNI_0051.JPG

There were just too many unorderables I had in my letters.

HNI_0052.JPG
HNI_0053.JPG

He's leaving on the 30th. I told him to GTFO!

HNI_0054.JPG

I haven't had a camper in a long time, today I just got one!

HNI_0055.JPG

Greeting Hazel the weird uni-brow Squirrel. (I don't think shes ugly at all, plain adorable!)

HNI_0056.JPG

Those fortunes on the left made me wish I had a trash can.

HNI_0050.JPG

I have an idea! This is my 5th emotion

HNI_0059.JPG

Xavier's love, emotion #6 broke up with him a few days ago. D:

Uwg6h7.jpg

Hey, there I am! (At the bottom of the first pic) The day I got my development permit on the 2nd day. I'm also there at the 2nd pic, 2 pics down.
And for the last pic. Who is that shoeless person? And is that person a boy or a girl?

Back