• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Master of Disguise

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
MasterofDisguiseBanner.png

A serial prankster wants to play a game.

In the Ghostly Glade, you encounter a mysterious spirit who is capable of changing form. A mischievous tricker and the self-proclaimed Master of Disguise, he proposes a wager. If you bet him just a little of your Spectral Energy then you can take a guess at who he will transform into next. If you get it right he will more than septuple your bet! Once per day, you can visit the Shapeshifter to play his game.

How to Play

At 5AM EDT each day, you will be presented with six cards. One will be face-down and the other five will be face-up.

shapeshifterscard.png

Who will the Shapeshifter turn into today?

Day0_Card1_Henry.png
Day0_Card2_Jeremiahpng.png
Day0_Card3_Tia.png
Day0_Card4_Yuka.png
Day0_Card5_Pinky.png

For the cost of 2 Spectral Energy, you have the option to guess which of the five villagers you think the Shapeshifter will turn into. You will submit your guess via The Master of Disguise submission board.

When the round closes, the Shapeshifter's card will be flipped to reveal which villager he has transformed into. If you correctly guessed the Shapeshifter's card then you will receive 2 Ghostly Gold and 15 Spectral Energy. If you guessed incorrectly, then you will receive nothing.

Day0_Card4_Yuka.png

In this example, if the Shapeshifter's card flipped Yuka, then everyone who guessed Yuka would receive 2 Ghostly Gold and 15 Spectral Energy for their guess. Anyone who voted for Henry, Jeremiah, Tia, or Pinky would receive nothing.

Rules

• You may only submit one guess per round.
    • If you try to get around this, your multiple entries will still be charged 2 Spectral Energy each and you will lose any payout you would have received for a correct guess. Cheating will cost you.
  • Your guess must be posted before the deadline in The Master of Disguise submission board using the Villager and Round # drop-down menus. If you submit your entry incorrectly you won't be eligible for a prize and you will still be charged 2 Spectral Energy.
  • Please note that if you do not have 2 Spectral Energy to spend, your total once 2 Spectral Energy have been spent will drive your total below 0. You won't see this on your screen but mechanically this is how it works in the background. You are not getting a free entry!

How to Submit

You will submit your guess in The Master of Disguise submission board by 4:59AM EDT. Click the "Post thread" button and make sure to select the correct Villager and Round # from the drop-down menus otherwise your entry will not be accepted. The thread title and post content are not important - just put any filler text you like here.

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 19.11.53.png

If you have submitted your entry correctly, then you will see a box above your post showing your selections from the two drop-down menus.

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 19.43.09.png

Another way to check that you have correctly submitted your guess is by looking at The Master of Disguise submission board. If your entry has a "Round #" prefix and a picture of your chosen villager then you have submitted your guess correctly.

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 19.36.50.png

Prizes

• It costs 2 Spectral Energy to play.
  • If you win, you receive 2 Ghostly Gold and 15 Spectral Energy.
    • Note that you will receive this in two instalments: you'll be refunded your initial payment of 2 Spectral Energy, then 13 Spectral Energy will be awarded in a separate transaction.
  • If you lose, you receive nothing!

FAQs

How is the Shapeshifter's card chosen?
His card is randomised.

How does the payout work?
All entries will first have 2 Spectral Energy deducted. This is done manually whenever I have time to come online, so there won't be any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes this might happen within a few minutes of you submitting your entry and other times it won't happen until near the deadline. It is not an indicator as to whether or not your guess is correct or even that your entry has been submitted correctly. After the deadline has passed, the correct guesses will have their initial payment of 2 Spectral Energy refunded and then gain a further 13 Spectral Energy reward for a total of 15 Spectral Energy. In addition to this they will receive 2 Ghostly Gold.

What happens if I notice a mistake in my entry before the deadline passes?
Contact @Chris via TBT Conversation. Outline the mistake (e.g. wrong Round #) and I can fix it for you. Even if I don't see your message until after the deadline passes, I will still honour this and edit your entry accordingly. Do not make a new thread under any circumstances.

What happens if I notice a mistake in my entry after the deadline passes?
We cannot help you. Your 2 Spectral Energy will not be refunded.

What happens if I accidentally make two threads?
Contact @Chris via TBT Conversation. I'll delete the one with the later timestamp. If you accidentally submit multiple threads for a single round and fail to notify us of the mistake then it will be treated as cheating and handled accordingly.

Last edited:
Previous Forms the Shapeshifter Has Taken...
RoundDeadlinePostOptionsCorrect Answer
1Oct 25 4:59AM EDTGo to post #4Anabelle, Cousteau, Baabara, Bertha, Judy
Day1_Winner.png
2Oct 26 4:59AM EDTGo to post #22Bill, Rod, Canberra, Lionel, Sydney
D2_Winner.png
3Oct 27 4:59AM EDTGo to post #55Nibbles, Chadder, Pudge, Samson, Olaf

D3_Winner.png
4Oct 28 4:59AM EDTGo to post #81Tutu, Lolly, Tex, Charlise, Nan
D4_Winner.png
5Oct 29 4:59AM EDTGo to post #111Peanut, Bangle, Phoebe, Kyle, Limberg
D5_Winner.png
6Oct 30 4:59AM EDTGo to post #137Benjamin, Mallary, Puddles, Tipper, Rory
D6_Winner.png
7Oct 31 4:59AM EDTGo to post #159Daisy, Flo, Tucker, Sylvia, Ruby
D7_Winner.png
8Nov 1 4:59AM EDTGo to post #184Tiansheng, Marcel, Keaton, Bonbon, Maelle
D8_Winner.png
9Nov 2 4:59AM EDTGo to post #199Walker, Boone, Kody, Sheldon, Deli
D9_winner.png
10Nov 3 4:59AM EDTGo to post #217Hamlet, Kabuki, Bree, Walt, Nate
D10_Winner.png
11Nov 4 4:59AM EDTGo to post #236Pashmina, Gloria, Tangy, Tank, Goldie
D11_Winner.png
12Nov 5 4:59AM EDTGo to post #269Derwin, Quinn, Azalea, Audie, Beardo
D12_Winner.png
13Nov 6 4:59AM ESTGo to post #295Kitt, Zucker, Winnie, Tom, Vic
D13_Vic.png

Last edited:
Round 1

shapeshifterscard.png

Who will the Shapeshifter turn into today?

Day1_Card1_Anabelle.png
Day1_Card2_Cousteau.png
Day1_Card4_Baabara.png
Day1_Card3_Bertha.png
Day1_Card5_Judy.png

Remember to submit your guess for Round 1 in the The Master of Disguise submission board by 4:59AM EDT on October 25th 2022. Your guess will cost you 2 Spectral Energy. You may only make one guess per round and you cannot change your guess once it has been submitted.

If you are found to be cheating, you will still be charged for submitting your guesses and you will not receive any Spectral Energy.

Although the “round number” option is showing up, there isn’t an option to select a villager. Are we supposed to type it in?

Although the “round number” option is showing up, there isn’t an option to select a villager. Are we supposed to type it in?

I just wanted to check if this is working as well? I wasn't given the option for a villager drop down box either. 😊

Edit: I figured out the issue. If you're on a phone, you need to click "More options" to reveal the villager dropdown box.

Before clicking "More options":
Screenshot_20221025-092712_Samsung Internet.jpg

And after:
Screenshot_20221025-092735_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I just wanted to check if this is working as well? I wasn't given the option for a villager drop down box either. 😊

Edit: I figured out the issue. If you're on a phone, you need to click "More options" to reveal the villager dropdown box.

Before clicking "More options":
View attachment 464711

And after:
View attachment 464710
Thank you! Looks like it’s fixed now.

Apologies, I didn't see your post last night.

Please use the dropdowns provided. Typed guesses won't show when I come to award winners currency because I filter the entries by the Villager name selected from the dropdown. As someone posted above, you can click "More Options" if you use the fast creation thread method. However, it is always better to go directly to the "Post Thread" button in our events to ensure you are seeing absolutely everything:

Screenshot_20221025-081351_Samsung Internet.jpg

Do we have to keep our guesses a secret or are we allowed to share in the thread??? Since it's completely random as far as I can tell
Sharing your guesses is allowed.

Back