• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

I'd play The Sims all evening long until deep into the night .. Awesome times!

Danganronpa:Ultra Despair Girls
Loco Roco 1 & 2 on the PSP- loved that game as a child
Minecraft with me sis XD

Definitely Wow but long ago, I think Burning Crusade expansion. Easily over 6 hours. Guild Wars as well. MMORPGS will do that lol

Probably over 10 hours on sims, but I have a fond memory of staying home from elementary school one day (I was sick) and my sister let me play harvest moon on her laptop, and I sat in that same place in the living room starting from when I saw her off to highschool until she got back home. Very good times!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Straight up for over 72 hours when I was still a student. It was a mega sales rougue-like game that CHUNSOFT (Former game company of Spike chunsoft) made. Despite it had passed over a decade after the first release, yet this game had a on going price like somewhere between 80,000 yen - 100,000 yen ( $800 - $1000? ) at the time. Super duper addictive game, that was.
During this whole 72+ hours, I didn't eat, didn't sleep, slightly took the time to drink water, even forced myself to be patient with bathroom needs (how silly if I recall!) and kept playing it. When it had passed 2 days, I repeated slipping in and out of the dream constantly, and yet tried to keep playing, until eventually I completely passed out, This was not just once even.
This game, and NL is the only video game I play.

That's hardcore...

i remember i played fantasy life for at least 9 hours. i could have went on for more hours but i got bored.

Last edited:
The longest I can actually remember would be 6 or 7 hours straight, for either ACNL when I got a new town, or some game on the Wii. Xbox & Playstation games can't keep me entertained that long.

There was one time when my sister and I grinded Campaign mode of Halo 4, but we were forced to take breaks cause, ya know, lunch and dinner. We probably spent 7 or 8 hours on that total.

Honestly i've played games for 12+ hours way too many times, but that was when i was literally doing nothing with my life, not studying, not working nothing, now because i study i only play 1-2 hours during the weekdays and a little longer during the weekend :)

I think around 14 hours or more back in my Minecraft days during 2011 or 2012 lol. Nowadays I can barely go past a few hours without getting a headache.

I think I've played a couple of MMORPGs for around 8-10 hours straight before. Sadly, that's kind of normal for the genre. I'm probably even on the low side.

I think I’ve played a MMORPG before for two days straight. I’m glad I don’t spend nearly that much time gaming anymore and that those days are long over. :)

Probably Super Mario Odyssey. It was probably around 15 hours? Although it may be Minecraft back when I was a little kid and had a ton of free time lmao

Don't have any precise recollection of that though it's been so long

Three, maybe four hours tops. I usually can only play a game for two hours at a time. After that I start to get really restless.

I think skyrim and sims 3 for my ps3 are pretty tied, I would literally play either of those from sun rise to sun down during the summer and winter.

I played Minecraft for 13 hours straight once on a snow day. Fun times!

Twilight Princess, about 24 hours (Thanks to energy drinks and a mother that brought me food into my room!)
I probably would've managed to stay longer on it, but my Mom told me to stop or she would take the game
away from me >:

Guess I have to update that one.. since the data of my GameCube version of the game got corrupted,
I've decided to replay the game on the HD version.. well, let's say I may have playe a bit too long..
let's just say.. about 27 hours (according to the ingame time) :eek:

Back when Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate came out on 3DS, I could log 13/14 hours at a time largely because I had a lot of friends/online friends to play/grind it out with

ah, back in the days when I didn't have to worry about any university deadlines

I put 15 hours in FFXV in one sitting when I bought it.
Then when KH3 came out, I played it as soon as I woke up, to when I went to bed.

Last edited:
I used to play 6-8 hours per day when I played WoW in my college years. Some of my clanmates stayed online for even longer. Once I managed to spent 24h non-stop in game because of raids. I'm glad that Blizzard made raids more easier but I still use services like e2p to look for tips and items, saves my time.

Back