• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

I played Teamfight Tactics (League of Legends) for like 12 hours straight once, no breaks, but with breaks it would be like 30+ hours on Sims 4

Just as the title says, what's the longest you've gone playing the same game straight? Food and other breaks are included, all that matters is that you're attention was mainly set on the same game for a long amount of time.

For me in just recent memory was playing Dragon's Dogma for 13 hours straight, which doesn't seem like much compared to some other sessions, but it is to me because more than half of that day was spent on Dragon's Dogma. 13 hours straight of hearing that goblins are weak to fire.

Post examples of your poor time management skills if you have any experiences like this.

I played a game for exactly 48 hours as research for my computer science class, I played a game called Rise to Ruins and done a report on the mechanics and gameplay of it, made a video etc as part of a project. It's a fun little game about building a small community where monsters all over the map through portals spawn every day. You are supposed to be god with influence but you can't influence much. There have been updates here and there to the mechanics of the game making it more interesting.

I personally love these types of games and really enjoy delving into them from time to time to spend and waste a bit of time outside of my switch and other consoles.

Animal crossing and breath of the wild are the two games I’ve played for more than a couple of hours. They are just so addicting to get into! :)

i used to be able to game for 5-10 hours straight no problem, but once i started post secondary i just cant get back to that anymore, any longer than 2 hours and i feel like i need to stop lol

When Kingdom Hearts 3 released, I almost put 24 straight hours into playing the game lol. Worst thing I ever did to be honest lol I was just too excited for the game -_-

I’ve spent maybe 12-14 hours playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf in just one sitting. In hindsight I don’t even know how I spent that long playing, but 12-year-old me found a way.

Reactions: 0ni
The longest I can think of would be New Leaf, which at some point shortly after launch I played for at least 18 hours straight, if not more (the Activity Log play time graph for that day is insane, and it bleeds over into the next day too). No idea how I managed to find enough to do in the game in just one day to keep me entertained for so long to be honest. The next closest after that is Breath of the Wild, where I sank a little over 15 hours into it in one sitting. I would regularly have 4-5 hour sessions with that game though.

Every new game I get that I have been desperately waiting for usually results in a very long play session. One of the most recent ones was The Outer Worlds which I couldn't buy at release due to not having the time or funds for it. When I got it I ended up playing for pretty much an entire day and well into the night. Just ridiculous lol.

Back in college, I once play Civilization V from 10 pm - 4 am. i could have played longer if my mom hadn’t scolded me to go to sleep.

Last year when our curriculum was being fixed due to the pandemic, classes were suspended and I had a lot of time on my hands. I had recently gotten ACNH then and I believe I played 12 hours straight with just food breaks.

3 to 4 hours usually is the longest I tend to play now. though there was this PlayStation 2 game I played as a kid like all day every day, it was WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2007

Hmm, it’d have to be fe3h or acnh. My gut is telling me it was playing fe3h for probably around 7 hours. It was my first play through and I was “really” (I thought I was, anyways) close to the end so I kept playing.

I’ve also spent 5+ hours on acnh when it came out in one sitting, and played splatoon 2 for many, many hours when trying to beat Inner Agent 3.

when i got my wii fixed in december i played rune factory: tides of destiny for like 12 hours straight as soon as i got it booted up bc it's my favourite game and it's been Years since i got to play it......... that's the longest continuous play time that i can recall. normally i can't play things for very long because i get distracted but rf brain kicked in :')

Back