• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

But some collectibles have it, some don't. For instance, the tasty cake has it but when clicking it, there is no configure options.

But some collectibles have it, some don't. For instance, the tasty cake has it but when clicking it, there is no configure options.

As she said, most have it but serve no use, only the ones she mentioned have an use for it. You're overthinking things.

I got bored earlier today and decided to take a trip to the old Zetaboards forum, and I spent so much time browsing random threads that I got really used to the design. Got me wondering whether you guys ever intend to change the theme completely again. Has it ever been different to what it is now, aside from when it was running on Zetaboards?

Just curious.

Hiya, I've had a small issue where I constantly have the "Notifications: 1" at the very top of the page. The notification is for an unread visitor message, but I have read them all and have visited my profile numerous times. This has been going on for quite a few hours now; is there a fix for this?

I got bored earlier today and decided to take a trip to the old Zetaboards forum, and I spent so much time browsing random threads that I got really used to the design. Got me wondering whether you guys ever intend to change the theme completely again. Has it ever been different to what it is now, aside from when it was running on Zetaboards?

Just curious.
By theme do you mean skin?

Hiya, I've had a small issue where I constantly have the "Notifications: 1" at the very top of the page. The notification is for an unread visitor message, but I have read them all and have visited my profile numerous times. This has been going on for quite a few hours now; is there a fix for this?
I've heard deleting your most recent visitor message does the trick

By theme do you mean skin?

Actually, I mean "skin". Or, at least, that's what vBulletin seems to refer to it as. Either way, it seems like this place has had the same one for a long while. It's lovely, but I'm just curious as to how often (if ever) it changes.

Just curious.

We haven't made any major changes since the vBulletin version of TBT opened in 2011 if that's what you're asking. I'd say the biggest "changes" though would be the introduction of The Woods version in 2013, and when we updated the profile pages in 2014.

There aren't any plans for a theme makeover or massive change anytime soon, although I could see a somewhat near future where we make some tweaks to varying degrees around the place. Maybe sometime next year.

Are there still plans to introduce a collectible organisation feature? I remember you guys talking about it a while ago but haven't heard anything since. I have a lot of nice collectibles, but the inability to present them in the way that I want kinda puts me off displaying them.

Just so it doesn't look like I've completely ignored this... yes, there are still plans but we have nothing further in terms of details to share. Given the high interest in the feature, we wouldn't want to mislead anyone by saying something that may change.

Hello!

I had some problems with my email address while I registered. I couldn't receive any mail, even if I asked for another confirmation one, wait, check spams, etc.
I send a mail using "Contact Us" but I am not sure it worked - or that I waited long enough - and now in the end I changed the email address, but I would like to know : if I change it back to the first one, will I still be able to post here? And maybe to receive mails from this forum?

It's not a big deal, I am just wondering ^^
(by the way the 1st one - the one I'd like to use but couldn't - is an "outlook" one, maybe that was the issue?)

Last edited:
Hi TBT I am back from being gone for a long time and I wanted to edit my DA because I have a new town but the site doesn't accept the new DA format. Is it possible they fix that? Apologies if this has been asked before, and have a great day if you read this ^^

Do you guys intend to release more roses? As in, more varieties? I'm assuming you're releasing them kind by kind, and then next year maybe releasing three new colours for each kind, but that's just an assumption. I really love them!

I was gone from July - August until now. Also missed the Bell Tree Fair which is sad.
I just want to know what's new around here?
http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?63-The-Woods There's this section that I haven't seen before and I don't exactly understand what it's used for. Can anyone explain that to me?

The Woods is a "spooky" section of the Forums that opens up usually on Halloween and Friday the 13th. It's basically a short lived area for members to have fun every now and then, within reason. However, during Halloween we usually have an event running within The Woods, which we had this year, thus it's appearance. The event is currently closed but the board remains temporarily open for viewing.

Hello!

I had some problems with my email address while I registered. I couldn't receive any mail, even if I asked for another confirmation one, wait, check spams, etc.
I send a mail using "Contact Us" but I am not sure it worked - or that I waited long enough - and now in the end I changed the email address, but I would like to know : if I change it back to the first one, will I still be able to post here? And maybe to receive mails from this forum?

It's not a big deal, I am just wondering ^^
(by the way the 1st one - the one I'd like to use but couldn't - is an "outlook" one, maybe that was the issue?)

I can confirm I had this problem too with Outlook. Thankfully I checked this thread and saw your post and was able to change my email to something else temporarily, but ideally I would like to be able to use my main email address. Is there any official word on what's happening with regards to this?

I wonder why the staff are set in stone on some decisions (like limiting the height extension to the staff only) as long as the site lasts? I remember petitioning to get the avatar height extension, but they said that it's one of the few things they aren't gonna change as they don't want us to get our hopes up on it. They also said that if you're signing up for moderatorsip to get that or something else only the mods get, they're signing up for the wrong reasons (which was said on another thread by another mod). Another thing they're set in stone on is having the Woods theme not being one of the optional themes (such the TBT Undercover and mobile site).

I wonder why the staff are set in stone on some decisions (like limiting the height extension to the staff only) as long as the site lasts? I remember petitioning to get the avatar height extension, but they said that it's one of the few things they aren't gonna change as they don't want us to get our hopes up on it. They also said that if you're signing up for moderatorsip to get that or something else only the mods get, they're signing up for the wrong reasons (which was said on another thread by another mod). Another thing they're set in stone on is having the Woods theme not being one of the optional themes (such the TBT Undercover and mobile site).

We have made certain decisions as a team and for the time being we are firm on them. Please try to respect that.

Petitions aren't going to change our mind. Honestly, petitions are just pretty meaningless. They were overdone to the point they hold little value anymore. Most petitions were just about people asking for things for their own personal gain anyway; not something they thought would actually better the site. If we saw/see a petition that is actually about bettering the site then those are the ones we take seriously (but, of course, you could even just start a discussion with us about that instead of hurrying to such aggressive means as a petition!).

As for why you should not try to apply to be a mod just because you want a larger avatar, you are completely dismissing everything that position requires. Being a moderator is about doing something for the community; not the perks. That's a selfish way of thinking and honestly if that's the reason someone applies then the sheer amount of work required some days and the stress that come along with it would be enough to make them quit pretty fast.

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, I have to say that petitioning has been abused on this site to where the staff no longer takes them seriously. It only worked with group restocks since they were out of stock for a while.

In regards to the reasons to sign up, I have to admit that the large avatar was one thing I wanted from moderatorship, but I didn't sign up for that. It was because I knew the moderation issues very well and that I wanted to help keep the site calm. Plus, from the very beginning of my membership, I've always wanted to be a moderator, until after two of my favorite mods stepped down. It wasn't the perks I was after, even if it sounded like that I did go for the perks when I brought up that second part.

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, I have to say that petitioning has been abused on this site to where the staff no longer takes them seriously. It only worked with group restocks since they were out of stock for a while.

In regards to the reasons to sign up, I have to admit that the large avatar was one thing I wanted from moderatorship, but I didn't sign up for that. It was because I knew the moderation issues very well and that I wanted to help keep the site calm. Plus, from the very beginning of my membership, I've always wanted to be a moderator, until after two of my favorite mods stepped down. It wasn't the perks I was after, even if it sounded like that I did go for the perks when I brought up that second part.

I thought you said you wanted to sign up because you got collectibles or something hahaha.......oh welp

Last edited:
Back