• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Yes, you should post a thread in the Contact the Staff forum if you need to contact the staff about something. They're able to see the all the threads in that forum and will reply to the thread when they're able to. Just to quote the description of the forum itself:
Ok Thank you, I was just making sure, I will post there and hopefully they can help me.

Is there a limit to the number of images we can have in a single post? Or a limit to the total sizes of the images combined?

I'm not looking to spam pictures or anything! I wanted to have a small image of each of my villagers, both past and present, on a single post on my island journal but I wasn't sure if it would work.

The software will tell you if you have too many images.

To contact the staff am I supposed to post a thread in the private "contact the staff" thread(and they will see it and get back to me?) or would I PM a staff to speak to them, If the staff can do anything about this I'd like to discuss with them my problems I'm having with a user who is repeatedly sending me offensive PMs, I have politely asked them to stop multiple times only for the behavior to get worse and worse, I have pressed "ignore" and now I can no longer see content they post in public threads and such but they can keep sending me more extremely hurtful PMs. Can the staff please help me? Also should I leave negative feedback to them if I have never traded with them before(in animal crossing or done a TBT trade) with them before? It would be negative feedback for harassing me.

This specific issue has already been handled via CTS, but I wanted to clarify for everyone reading this:

(1) The feedback system is only for feedback concerning trades. It is not appropriate to use it to provide feedback on a member as a person or their behaviour on the forum.

(2) As a general rule, we discourage members from privately messaging staff regarding site issues. There are times when we will ask you to PM us if you've a specific concern, but in the majority of cases you should use Contact the Staff. The reasons for this are:

• For accountability - it is better that we can see all of the staff-member correspondence on an issue. This ensures that all members are receiving consistent, fair, and polite responses. It also makes it easier for us to discuss your enquiry as a team and provides a reference point for us next time a similar concern arises. This is extremely valuable when training new moderators.

• For speed - instead of needing to wait for a specific staff member to come online and reply to your PM, you will instead receive a response from whomever is available and confident in answering your question. If you message one of us directly then you could end up waiting several days or weeks for a reply depending on what is going on in our personal lives or if we are taking an unannounced break from moderation. Thus your enquiries are almost guaranteed to be handled more quickly if posted in CTS.

• To take pressure off of staff as individuals - if someone comes to us directly with a problem then that puts us in a position where we feel obligated to personally respond to it. In addition to time constraints, we all have different strengths and weaknesses in the type of content we are comfortable dealing with. e.g. I'm not completely confident handling issues concerning art plagiarism, because while I draw I'm not knowledgeable about the intricacies of art etiquette, and we have several professional artists and designers on our moderation team who are much better equipped to handle these types of problems than I am. Some people who have contacted us privately may know that we will invite another staff member into the conversation if we think that person can help you better, or simply direct you to Contact the Staff if we did not wish to handle your concern via PM for any reason.

TL;DR - unless you have a particular reason to message one of us directly, then we would encourage you to post in Contact the Staff. However, if your concern is about a staff member, e.g. let's say you have a problem with how Mick conducts himself as a moderator (for, oh I don't know, maybe still sporting his TBT Holiday Market aesthetic when it's almost March) then you would contact the site owner Jeremy directly. Who will then side with @Mick because he also has a Christmas avatar right now, what gives guys!?

I don't have a proper spring or valentine's avatar, Chris. I even changed my title from "festive" to "cold." 🥺
If I just keep it long enough it'll be in season again. It's called long term planning.

I don't have a proper spring or valentine's avatar, Chris. I even changed my title from "festive" to "cold." 🥺
If I just keep it long enough it'll be in season again. It's called long term planning.
You just don't like Love Day, 'fess it. 😤

Soon I'm going to make a thread about looking to make an art trade for collectiables(so to see if anyone wants me to draw them something for collectiable(s)) should I put this thread in the Museum Shop or the TBT Market Place? I just want to make sure I put it in the right place.

Soon I'm going to make a thread about looking to make an art trade for collectiables(so to see if anyone wants me to draw them something for collectiable(s)) should I put this thread in the Museum Shop or the TBT Market Place? I just want to make sure I put it in the right place.
i think the museum shop would be the best place for a thread like that. :)

In the Amiibo post office trading rules thread, I'm a little confused by one of the rules.

"Real life money trades are not prohibited, but you are not allowed to advertise them. All negotiations and trading of this kind must stay in private messages."

I'm having a hard time understanding the wording, and haven't been here much in a few years. Does this mean these trades are allowed just only through private messages, or not allowed in general and will jeopardize your account?

In the Amiibo post office trading rules thread, I'm a little confused by one of the rules.

"Real life money trades are not prohibited, but you are not allowed to advertise them. All negotiations and trading of this kind must stay in private messages."

I'm having a hard time understanding the wording, and haven't been here much in a few years. Does this mean these trades are allowed just only through private messages, or not allowed in general and will jeopardize your account?
It means that you need to be discrete about it. You cannot publicly mention or drop hints that you are interesting in buying/selling amiibo cards with real money in your posts, but it is okay to offer real money for a card via private message.

What would violate the rules is if you were to offer someone forum currency or collectibles in exchange for an amiibo card or anything else with a real-world value. If we catch wind of anyone attempting to do this then that would result in a warning (and potential suspension) for violating our Prohibited Transactions rules.

Funny I don't see it. Probably because I'm on mobile. I'll stick with the link
I'm on mobile as well. It's phrased as "Ignoring" rather than "Ignored Users", sorry!

Screenshot in the spoiler below shows how to get to that page in two screen taps. First tap is the yellow arrow, second tap is the red arrow.

Screenshot_20220329-174251_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm on mobile as well. It's phrased as "Ignoring" rather than "Ignored Users", sorry!

Screenshot in the spoiler below shows how to get to that page in two screen taps. First tap is the yellow arrow, second tap is the red arrow.

Oh! Its ok, I didn't noticed it. Plus I'm not wearing my glasses so my bad.

Where would be the best place to post about a single HHP design? From what I can tell the correct place would be the journals (because it's screenshot-heavy) but I don't plan on sharing many of my HHP designs, just this one that I spent a lot more time on so I really want people to see it in particular. Just want to make sure I don't make a mistake! Thank you!

I’d suggest posting it here. Is this what you’re looking for?

I’d suggest posting it here. Is this what you’re looking for?

Yes this is the kind of thing I was looking for! Thank you :)

which member(s) of the staff designed the gradient feather collectibles? they're probably my favorite collectibles of all time, along with the balloons 🥰 🪶

Back