• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

The rule about respecting others definitely applies to every member, including the staff. I guess I personally just understand that people are naturally going to be frustrated with us sometimes since we're the ones who are tasked with enforcing rules that not everyone agrees with, and I think most of us have a pretty thick skin when it comes to the occasional backlash.

I actually don't mind hearing criticism or listening to ideas people have about how we can improve upon things, but when people are rude and snarky just for the sake of it I'm far less likely to consider what they're saying and would be inclined to just brush it off. Being constructive almost always wins out over outright disrespect and/or nastiness!

So it's already explicitly stated that you can't be rude to a staff member, but they didn't specify that you can't be rude to a staff member.

I see people call TBT a dictatorship a couple of times, and that's one thing. But there are a few times when a member insults a staff member and the nature of the forum, and that's what I call disrespectful.

My guess of what's okay and what's not okay:

Okay: Mods are Nazis.
Not okay: Mods are immature children that cannot run the forum correctly.

So it's already explicitly stated that you can't be rude to a staff member, but they didn't specify that you can't be rude to a staff member.

I see people call TBT a dictatorship a couple of times, and that's one thing. But there are a few times when a member insults a staff member and the nature of the forum, and that's what I call disrespectful.

My guess of what's okay and what's not okay:

Okay: Mods are Nazis.
Not okay: Mods are immature children that cannot run the forum correctly.

I mean, I can't say being called a Nazi is necessarily the most constructive thing and certainly doesn't help me to understand why someone's upset! The examples you gave there are interchangeable in terms of how I'd react to reading them, honestly. If someone has a genuine concern about the way the forum's being run or a policy of ours, I definitely encourage them to post about it in the Contact the Staff board, but if they just want to bash specific staff members or the forum as a whole with no elaboration whatsoever, then I just see that as immature behavior that doesn't help anyone feel better about whatever the issue is.

Is there still a villager tier list in the villager trading section? I can't seem to find it anymore.

I mean, I can't say being called a Nazi is necessarily the most constructive thing and certainly doesn't help me to understand why someone's upset! The examples you gave there are interchangeable in terms of how I'd react to reading them, honestly. If someone has a genuine concern about the way the forum's being run or a policy of ours, I definitely encourage them to post about it in the Contact the Staff board, but if they just want to bash specific staff members or the forum as a whole with no elaboration whatsoever, then I just see that as immature behavior that doesn't help anyone feel better about whatever the issue is.

I see now. The reason why I thought it's okay to say "Mods are Nazis" or "TBT is a dictatorship" without elaboration off this board is because they have been used to seeing that all the time. People are always gonna say stuff like that when the rules get stricter. But for stuff like "Mods are immature children" or "Learn how to run a forum", that's infraction-worthy because this is highly disrespectful to insult the nature of the forum like that, and it clearly shows that you are a rebel. But in the end, I agree that it's better to be constructive without telling them that they act like strict parents or whatever can insult the nature of the forum.

Why do people care about dates when it comes to collectibles?

It's because of order. The sidebar orders from first to last based on how recently the collectible was purchased. The earlier it is purchased, the later it shows up in your sidebar. People prefer to put some collectible in a weird position on their sidebar. Others (like me) are more simple based on when we want our collectibles. For instance, I purchased my last birthstone on August 1st, 2015. I didn't want my birthstone order disrupted when I had my sidebar of apples, so I wanted to get only the apples purchased after August 1st.

Simply what Apple said.

To add to what he said, when I bought my Goomba and Pinky collectibles, I had to make sure they were dated before my tetris collectible so that they would be on its right side. I also had to trade Invader dates since it was on the right of my TBT Fair patch and I wanted it to be on the left.

We're just weird about stuff like that.

Simply what Apple said.

To add to what he said, when I bought my Goomba and Pinky collectibles, I had to make sure they were dated before my tetris collectible so that they would be on its right side. I also had to trade Invader dates since it was on the right of my TBT Fair patch and I wanted it to be on the left.

We're just weird about stuff like that.

I'd be more into collectibles if we could organize them personally and not have to go looking for dates then.

I always didn't know how to organize my sidebar in the order I want but now I know. lol

Is there still a villager tier list in the villager trading section? I can't seem to find it anymore.

There are a few recent ones, but I don't think there's one that's been updated in the last month.

Here's Alien's list: [x]
From there, there are links to the previous lists made and their most recent updates. Other than that, I don't think there are any new ones being worked on atm.

Hope that helps!

Are political threads officially banned from TBT? :)

Are political threads officially banned from TBT? :)

I think that last thread got closed due to a potent that it will erupt into a flame war like what happened to the old What's Bothering You thread (where the drama was at the worst).

I have a bit of a post merge issue. It's never happened this often.
I was banning someone is the your banned game, so it was like

Dedenne2:

Someone:

Then when I pressed post, it merged my post :mad:

No, even if you spend a solid month writing the perfect blog post. The Blog Tree isn't used all that much - I didn't even realise it existed for something like a year.

He's right. I've made over 300 blog entries, and not once have I earned a single bell for my entries. But one user did earn 270 TBT for posting the 100th comment on one of my blogs.

I see in some of the mods' likes, they like posts from other staff under the name of -=Hidden Content=-

pls explain (͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Back