• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

The issue's been fixed. "For" away, guys!

So requests like in the Re-Tail and TBT Marketplace are allowed in user titles after all?

Sure, we have no issues with someone setting "Looking for Coco" or anything of that nature as their user title.

The issue's been fixed. "For" away, guys!

Sure, we have no issues with someone setting "Looking for Coco" or anything of that nature as their user title.

I tested it, and I can see it now. It says that I'm looking for you.

I put in a request for a name change earlier this week, and I just wanted to make sure I did it right and how long it usually takes? :)

I put in a request for a name change earlier this week, and I just wanted to make sure I did it right and how long it usually takes? :)

It usually takes a few days as an admin needs to manually do it for you.

Mobile Bell Tree?

Would you guys ever consider making a more mobile friendly layout to your site? Not even a mobile app just a better format on a phone because, for me and I?m sure many others, primarily use their phones. Thanks.

What can you do if you payed for a TBT commission awhile back but the user hasn't logged on in weeks?...

Can you transfer tickets?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also my "private" thread in contact the staff has 175 views. What the heck is this

Would you guys ever consider making a more mobile friendly layout to your site? Not even a mobile app just a better format on a phone because, for me and I’m sure many others, primarily use their phones. Thanks.

Not at this time, and the general consensus is that it's not really necessary as the standard site functions just fine on mobile.

What can you do if you payed for a TBT commission awhile back but the user hasn't logged on in weeks?...

Make a thread in our Contact the Staff board and include as many details as possible about the situation, including links to threads and/or posts, screenshots of private messages, and anything else that may be relevant and one of us can look into it for you.

Can you transfer tickets?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also my "private" thread in contact the staff has 175 views. What the heck is this

Tickets can not be transferred, no. Any CTS thread views are from you and staff members.

the standard site functions just fine on mobile.

The desktop site does indeed function fine on mobile, but it is awkward to use. I'd also like a more mobile-friendly site (one that isn't the stripped-down mobile version) and I have actually done some brief experiments with modifying the homepage locally to see how it could be improved. My conclusion was that ultimately, the site has been designed to be fixed width and would be more of a challenge to update than I would be willing to take on just for the fun of it. Perhaps it would be best to see what HTML5 themes can be downloaded online and modify them, although that would also involve more than just a day of effort.

Mobile is something you (the staff members, collectively) should take seriously, but at the same time, I do understand that updating this site to responsive HTML5 and retaining the same style and functionality would be challenging. Not sure if this response really told anyone anything. (if that sounds patronising, sorry, that's not what I'm going for - I'm just not great at phrasing things)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok.....wow, so there's a lot of behind-the-scenes staff members?

The view counter figures are always inflated since every hit counts as a view rather than requiring a unique user each time. The thread in question wasn't originally public by any chance?

Last edited:
I don't think anyone could deny that a more mobile-friendly site would be nice to have, but the current theme was really designed before the days of being very concerned about phones. (mostly designed around 2010ish) So honestly if we really wanted to truly improve the mobile version, we would be better off just starting from scratch on a new theme altogether for mobile and desktop, rather than trying to half-ass retrofit the current one. And that is no small task to complete, so we are where we are for now.

I still consider the current site to be usable enough that it is not a top priority by any means. It's not ideal but it's not broken or unusable either!

I don't think anyone could deny that a more mobile-friendly site would be nice to have, but the current theme was really designed before the days of being very concerned about phones. (mostly designed around 2010ish) So honestly if we really wanted to truly improve the mobile version, we would be better off just starting from scratch on a new theme altogether for mobile and desktop, rather than trying to half-ass retrofit the current one. And that is no small task to complete, so we are where we are for now.

I still consider the current site to be usable enough that it is not a top priority by any means. It's not ideal but it's not broken or unusable either!

What a better excuse to make a night theme! =D I honestly don't have a hard time using the site on Mobile on my android, I use the classic site and as long as I zoom and use my phone long-ways the only problem I ever have is my dang auto-correct.

Do you think you guys will ever implement like a tagging system that alerts people when they're mentioned in stuff? That's something I've always thought this site could use. But then I am sure notifications would be crazy.

Questions:

What does the quote thing with a plus beside it do? (Beside "reply with quote")

Wait, I forgot my other question. Oops.

Last edited:
Questions:

What does the quote thing with a plus beside it do? (Beside "reply with quote")

Wait, I forgot my other question. Oops.

Multi-quote! I couldn't use this forum without it. Click the plus on multiple posts, then hit Reply to Thread, and all those posts will be quoted for you.

In the "inventory" tab at the shop, how exactly are multiples of one collectible sorted? I'm still having a very annoying problem with sending the wrong collectible :(

Back